My plan to make Stash of ASH

Ptree

2021 COE Winner
So I took a look here and there, made some reports for you & now I wanna make some proper report for this strain, with everything.
At first I wanted to give a go to Holy Smokes, but as Haze novice, I prefer something easier and HS are allready going for Musashi, so why not entertain on another thread I said.

ASH
definitely fits in my decision making, 25% Skunk, 50%Afghan and 25% Haze - Thai/Columbian/Mexican
„The Afghan Skunk combination provides full fruity undertones and berry flavor combinations, add that to the Haze, you will be in for a sensory treat.“
Expect Indoor growing to be between 8 to 11 weeks
Outdoor by early to mid October - cuttings for friend best bet

I will make my own soil, using some cuttings dirt / herbs dirt / vermicompost / lignocel / perlite
For christmass I was given some Biocanna fertiliser starter pack, so I will try that.

-Stay tuned as always-
20201227-ASH-seeds_01.jpg

Last edited:
I had to start new seedlings, first 4pcs didnt sprout in paper towel method, new ones seems to get up better, I will have to rethink my method of germination.

This time I soaked seeds for 12hours, they sinked, so I placed them directly in soil & this time I was succesfull.

Yesterday I planted #1-3 to the soil, forth is slower, so I will see later today.
My #ing is made from the speed of germination.

Hope for nice hybrids :) later today I will turn on the Sanlight LEDs on the lowest settings (100w) with slow turning on (simulating sunrise in some way), and also water mister on max..

Will give you looks of progress and soil mixing also.

Best of luck with this one PtreeCi.
I use the same germination method of soaking for a few hours until they sink. Do you use water straight from the tap? I ad a tiny amount of 3percent h202 to help kill of any bacteria (this was recommended to me by @Big Sur )
Ash is a super under rated strain, there are some outstanding phenos to be found. In 2011/2012 when I had a lot more spare time, I worked through 10 packs of CriticalMass, 10 packs of CriticalHaze and 10 packs of ASH. Each strain produced a lot of fantastic specimens, the outstanding gem of the lot, for me, was an ASH, with 11.5 week flowering time, high yielding, hazy high cultivar.

Using just tap water, which I let sit for few hours...
But when placed to paper towel, that is were I strugle lastly...

I will use just coco coir next time.., just as I did now :)

- Three Ashes are up and running under sanlight. Later today, I will give them new water mister, as the old one got broken.
Plant #4 will be Sour Blueberry from not running Hso/dinafem :)

Will add photos of the room shortly.

The air pots are ready and filled with my coco soil mixture.

Last edited:
Best of luck with this one PtreeCi.
I use the same germination method of soaking for a few hours until they sink. Do you use water straight from the tap? I ad a tiny amount of 3percent h202 to help kill of any bacteria (this was recommended to me by @Big Sur )
Ash is a super under rated strain, there are some outstanding phenos to be found. In 2011/2012 when I had a lot more spare time, I worked through 10 packs of CriticalMass, 10 packs of CriticalHaze and 10 packs of ASH. Each strain produced a lot of fantastic specimens, the outstanding gem of the lot, for me, was an ASH, with 11.5 week flowering time, high yielding, hazy high cultivar.

The embryo has the ability to protect itself.
By scarifying with peroxide you remove it's natural defence.
Bathing it in peroxide solution is like having antibiotics.
You kill the beneficial bugs along with the baddies.
You may want to try soaking in a weak (400-600 EC) regular solution.
Or a special mix higher in kelp/fulvate.

I used to scarify for 18 hours in a cupboard, so UV doesn't effect emerging tap, with an airline, so the seed is in an aerobic environment.

Now just putting them into jiffy of 50:50 coir+perlite soaked in 600EC solution and forgetting them in an igloo.

Good to see you are a fan of ASH.
One of MNS most underrated strains

Last edited:
The embryo has the ability to protect itself.
By scarifying with peroxide you remove it's natural defence.
Bathing it in peroxide solution is like having antibiotics.
You kill the beneficial bugs along with the baddies.
You may want to try soaking in a weak (400-600 EC) regular solution.
Or a special mix higher in kelp/fulvate.

I used to scarify for 18 hours in a cupboard, so UV doesn't effect emerging tap, with an airline, so the seed is in an aerobic environment.

Now just putting them into jiffy of 50:50 coir:perlite soaked in 600EC solution and forgetting them in an igloo.

Good to see you are a fan of ASH.
One of MNS most underrated strains
I tried preoxide on some very old seeds...

And didnt find it usefull that much.. Better was few drops of rooting hormone into the water.

But that is not for theese seeds... :)

Iam fan of Ash
h, really hope for some great flavours :)

Looking forward to seeing how your ASH plants turn out. I used to struggle with the paper towel germination method, but I think I was wetting the paper towel too much. I wonder if that was the issue when you tried it? Either way, it is probably best to continue with the new method that worked for you. Good luck with your grow!!

So I repoted lings today, made them some mild suplement food.
As you can see, all ASHes have pretty root system already, Sour Blueberry not so much.
My water mister died in 2days, so I have to keep looking on humidity till new mister arives :D

only special thing now, is that ASH3 have whole stem purple ;)

repoting.jpg

ASH2
ASH2_01.jpg ASH2roots.jpg
SB
SB_01.jpg SB_roots.jpg

So it seems all is well for now, just few days after repotting and already cutelings are becoming weeklings :)
Cant wait for bushlings :) and toping them to supercroplings :D

pack.jpg

ASH1.jpg
ASH3
ASH3.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how your ASH plants turn out. I used to struggle with the paper towel germination method, but I think I was wetting the paper towel too much. I wonder if that was the issue when you tried it? Either way, it is probably best to continue with the new method that worked for you. Good luck with your grow!!
Back to my germination..
I find a potencial problem..

And it is water again..

My water have Ph about 7.3 so few drops off Ph- and all should be good.. but is not !!

I find out if I let my water sit for some time, then the Ph jumps to 8 !!

So there i go, this I need to take a good look at...

I will have to figure out some water reservoir... So I can easily pinpoint water quality...

-2nd week-

So finally !!
New water mister is online :)
Hope it will work for some time :)
So here is some more development, things are starting to look good. :)

pack.jpg

-are those yellow marks from LED?
ASH2.jpg

-time will repair the stature
ASH3.jpg

-we will see what this will become
SB.jpg

-2nd week-

So finally !!
New water mister is online :)
Hope it will work for some time :)
So here is some more development, things are starting to look good. :)

View attachment 49116

-are those yellow marks from LED?
View attachment 49114

-time will repair the stature
View attachment 49115

-we will see what this will become
View attachment 49117
very wonderful! I read either on this site or another that ASH is very similar in effect to the older SAGE by th seeds. from the mid-late 2000s

Back