My Mother needs some help :( MNS strain for Anxiety?

TGTDE

2022 COE Winner
Hey guys, I did do a search but had some trouble finding the answer.

What’s the best MNS strain for Anxiety?

My Mother has pretty bad anxiety. Despite not liking the idea of smoking pot she tried some “Pink Kush” my brother bought for her to see if it would help. After using his volcanoe vape she said she felt the calmest she has in years and she slept great later that night.

Not looking for something to put her to sleep immediately but to simply ease her anxiety in the evening but allows her to still function. I have most of the MNS catalog in the fridge so I just need to know what strains I’d be best off to start with??

any / all help is greatly appreciated!!

Id have to say Medicine Man...... perhaps anything with cbd potential even hazes (g13 haze maybe).... Aside from cbd taking the edge off thc........ Tolerance is a huge thing..... Even a 1 hitter packed with 1 calyx can send someone to the moon... a few joint hits instead of just 1 hit.... Can send someone over the top..... Always start small so she doesnt get a negative reaction to THC...... Just give her 1 puff off the joint.... after a couple days she can take a few more hits... Once her tolerance is up, then you can fine tune the strains for the morning/afternoon/nighttime strain selections/types....
I have anxiety and most of the issues come from tolerance...Get some cbd bud or gummies to take so you can smoke thc and not worry it'll send her into panic mode.. You can get a Oz for $40 of top shelf looking hemp.

Critical mass and harvest it early so it's less potent for her and will have an easy high with an easy come down.
Dunno about you but I hate weed that has a harsh head ache come down.
No matter what make sure it's heavy indica leaning for the calming effect.

CBD extracts are great for anxiety. You can also mix in THC oil and terps, to make 1:1 THC:CBD dispensary pens. For a stealthy option in public with quick activation. I tend to fumble alot with things in public so it raises some questions sometimes. I just look lost to the outside person.
I'm an anxious person too but I also enjoy THC so 1:1 seems to work great. As a new user id go 1:20 there's very little that can go wrong with a CBD level that high.
Peace all.

With The lineage you may be able to figure out something. Looks like my ×hz or something else to get the thai ?View attachment 57399
That lineage for og kush is wrong. Its a well known fact now that it was from one of nevils indica nl hybrids x a strain from the emerald triangle. So I would be looking at indicas that have afghan types an nl in there linage. Ortega is one

Last edited:
anxiety isn't necessarily irritability from an insatiable craving.
one might suggest to stay away from hazes to 'calm down'
not that case if that's what she's craving, a long lasting ride..

anxiety isn't necessarily irritability from an insatiable craving.
one might suggest to stay away from hazes to 'calm down'
not that case if that's what she's craving, a long lasting ride..
yea but some times this happy sativa high could be very beneficial with anxiety even more then indika in terms of holly grail like

@Pheonix66 that sounds pretty good to me. Can you point me in a easy to understand direction for the CBD extraction ?
I've not extracted CBD myself, its legal in my locale. But I have done iso extraction of trim and popcorn. I mix the result with CBD/CBG crumble in a glass tube. Dipping the bottom in hot water to make the mixing easier. add in a drop of wax liquidiser and some hemp derived terps. The liquidizer and terps aren't needed but will help with wicking. Once it's mixed thoroughly draw it into a syringe and add it to pens. Work quickly with the last stage it gets gummy as the syringe cools off. Attached pic of the crumble i use
Screenshot_20211229-211459_compress62.jpg

I've not extracted CBD myself, its legal in my locale. But I have done iso extraction of trim and popcorn. I mix the result with CBD/CBG crumble in a glass tube. Dipping the bottom in hot water to make the mixing easier. add in a drop of wax liquidiser and some hemp derived terps. The liquidizer and terps aren't needed but will help with wicking. Once it's mixed thoroughly draw it into a syringe and add it to pens. Work quickly with the last stage it gets gummy as the syringe cools off. Attached pic of the crumble i use
View attachment 57417
Thank you very much. I will research this asap , I will have an excess of trim and popcorn shortly.

Thank you

Thank you very much. I will research this asap , I will have an excess of trim and popcorn shortly.

Thank you
Iso extraction isn't the only road to take here. But it does result in an oil with good consistency when done cold and quickly. If you have alot of trim maybe hash it, then rosin press. I work with small amounts, so a press isn't worth it for me.
Peace all.

I would advise caution using alcohol not meant for internal consumption. I'd use Everclear in preference to anything else if it's going to be smoked, vaped, or eaten.

Last edited:
Iso extraction isn't the only road to take here. But it does result in an oil with good consistency when done cold and quickly. If you have alot of trim maybe hash it, then rosin press. I work with small amounts, so a press isn't worth it for me.
Peace all.
@Pheonix66 can you point me to a good read me or video link. I've looked at a few and it's starting to make sense but.. like to defoliate or not there are a thousand sources and I'm just looking for the best info. Not necessarily the easiest or least expensive but quality and safety are paramount. I'd like to be able to produce cbd isolate if feasible for personal consumption as well as extract thc .

Thank you

I would advise caution using alcohol not meant for internal consumption. I'd use Everclear in preference to anything else if it's going to be smoked, vaped, or eaten.

I hear that... herb legal here, everclear and I need to cross a state line an hour away to find a liquor store thar stocks it.

Yeah I can't seem to find a good video explaining it myself. Everything's written guides on Reddit or some other message board. Ethanol may be the way to go it's personal choice. I always use 99% isopropyl alcohol. If you feel strongly about it you can always spray ethanol/everclear over it after a full purge, then purge again. This would help rid any left over iso. I've always gotten this brown shatter/oil with a yellow/green tinge thats gummy at room temp.
Peace all.

Back