My Breeding Endeavor

Cannalicous

I am coming out of the closet, I suck at seeds. Did some manual pollinations which turned out to be a flop. I can grow buds the size of my arm, yet seeds go wrong.

So I have selected a 100 sativa (female) and 100% indica (females and male) out of landraces. Pictures will follow along the way. The plan is not to do this manually but leave the male till it has impregnated the females.

The soil is guano, sheepwool, bonemeal, bloodmeal, turf and lavagrind. The sativa gets 50% universal soil with the mixture I named, it would be too strong otherwise.
Water will be righ out of the tap without fixing the pH. Turf will automaticly lower it to the perfect conditions.

Excited I am

is the sheep wool there to hold water? and do you mean sheep wool form the animal, or is that the local term for rockwool where you are? if actual sheep wool cool!!!!!!!

I used to suck at rooting clones most of the time, and then randomly have 100% success for long patches of time then some full failures. getting better now, almost always full rooting in the tray.

I think, you are on the right track to making seeds right. the few times I did it on purpose, I let the male get all big and ripe in his pot, and sat him in front of an oscillating fan , that I moved each day, and I rotated all the girls each day. since you are in ground, you can take flowering branches off him, and hit it with a stick while holding it over plants or just rubbing them on the buds!

the only thing I would suggest is to make a malted barley tea each week to water the plants with. you grind up 1/3 up of malted barley per 5 gallons of water, put it in a nylon, put into a bucket, and aerate for 2-4 hours, then water it in. it will help keep your plants even healthier and happier while they are pregnant.

Thanks, great advice. Never worked with barley, but I will most likely make some tea out of it.
I will shake the male thorough above them females before collecting pollem and freeze it. But I must carefully watch not to over pollinate them gals.

The sheepwool, guano, bonemeal etc came standard with the soil as fertilizer. Sheepwool should release nitrogen slow and steady. All I have to do is add water. As I have little space, I buy these things ready to go. Normally I grow on Batmix when organic, but now it’s about seeds so it seems right to keep a good nitrogen delivery going. First time, just going on my logical thinking here.

The sativa is a stabilized hybrid of Hawaiian and Malawi and the indica is a Pakistan Chirtral Kush.
(Yeah not so pure Landraces but it saves me time lol)
Best not to expect much of it, but all is ready to go as soon my Kali Mist X Amnesia clears the way. A moment I have been waiting for ... like forever.

Been busy due to holiday but have more time at hand upcoming week.
I have one remaining female and one male sativa, 4 indica still unknown as they are not that easy to clone. Killed off any weird looking mutation. Might not have any male left, though one is looking promising.
Not sure if it would be better to pollinate with the sativa male and isolate PCK males to collect pollen for later?
All these will be placed into flowering from seed except the female sativa, she will be cloned during the seedround. She is going to star with CH after this round.

Got hit by the mosaicvirus and wonder if I can still collect the pollem, freeze it and not worry about it if I would pollinate a none infected female?
I will finish this round without a direct pollination, sad but true. Will post pictures later on, I may be mistaken but I’m afraid I’m not. I had to kill a lot of chiliplants and got some insects that are most likely the source of infection. Might be best to move this to wintertime?

Yet I will quarantaine a new batch to get a sexy thing going, for winter is here soon.

To
Got hit by the mosaicvirus and wonder if I can still collect the pollem, freeze it and not worry about it if I would pollinate a none infected female?
I will finish this round without a direct pollination, sad but true. Will post pictures later on, I may be mistaken but I’m afraid I’m not. I had to kill a lot of chiliplants and got some insects that are most likely the source of infection. Might be best to move this to wintertime?

Yet I will quarantaine a new batch to get a sexy thing going, for winter is here soon.

Too much quarantining going on these days!! It’s becoming a trigger word for me lol. Sorry to hear about the struggles!

To

Too much quarantining going on these days!! It’s becoming a trigger word for me lol. Sorry to hear about the struggles!
Well, the good news is there was an other issue going on then a virus. Lord knows, I don’t know what it was. Once the transplant was done, more air circulation and light; they revived.

Going to cut branches from the male, clone and “isolate” (lol) them in a prop. I’ll lay some tinfoil underneath it to catch it and then only pollinate few buds by hand. Which failed in the past but being persistant is the road to succes.
There will be seeds or I failed trying.

There will be seeds or I failed trying.
Well, that's life I guess. Months of work down the drain... :(
It's a hermie Pineapple Banana Bud male.

horror.jpg

And even worse, all them PCK are females. I am doomed to never grow seeds myself. It fails everytime.
But at least I gave it a shot. Full attention to Critical Haze now. Light at the end.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. Were these ACE or CBG cultivars? IMO, it would be unwise to use these genetics for breeding due to stability issues.

View attachment 53177

🤙Mu
Yep, from Ace. I honestly thought PCK and Pineppale Banana would make one great combination.
My bluelab was leaking light for few days, it must’ve been a full moon in my tent. My first hermie in years and it’s a male from regular seeds. Law of Murphy each time I try seeds. Doomed I am. Also have a female Pineapple Banana bud and she seems unaffected and remains female.
I’ve spent a whole lot on soil for them seeds to be perfect. Regrets now, soil in my living situation is a burden.

Critical Haze is on aeroponics. She’ll show sex within now and a week. I will be raising to 1,4 soon they flower.

I am not disliking ACE, but I am loving MNS a lot more :D

Them buds of that Critical Haze are HUGE ! Stems can support weight, awesome strain. Still have to explode in their second phase. Picture will follow next week.

Question though, I had bad luck in my seedround but I will not give up. If I were to mix CBD divine with Critical Mass. From which strain should I keep the males standing ? Will CM x CM be better or CBD Divine x CBD Divine?

Back