My adventures in MK/Sk-land

Ronin

This is the only female from the first 4 I planted. I transplanted it to this lareger pot 3 or 4 days ago and it has over doubled in size in that time under low wattage CFL's while its brothers stayed about the same size under HPS but stayed in the half gallon (2 litre) germination pots.

I will learn how to mess with the clor settings on this camera - the plant looks all yellow in the photos but looks nice and green in person. I still wanted y'all to get an idea of what one might look like in veg.

I am going to pop 4 or 6 more of these soon. I popped some Afghan Skunk and Shit seeds a few weeks after this plant and the others popped at the same time showed pre-flowers (only one chick out of 8 seeds) and as soon as the next round show sex I will pop some more of these. I want to see how many males and ladies I got from this round first - only so much room in Roninville. Can't wait for winter!

I will be hitting this plant with 2 males from the same stock, the 2 or 3 best Shit, and the same with the Afghan Skunk.

I may not get more picks up for a month or two but I promise to post pics of the finished product, unless something happens that prevents me from finishing (hermi, death, etc).

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 128
If anyone can find a complete grow report of this strain with pictures of phenotypes and finished flowers I will send you pictures of me posing naked in my garden!!

You don't get a body like mine drinking light beer!

Hi Ronin,
I can tell you that Master Kush x Sk is an excellent line, to date the largest buds Ive ever grown came from this particular variety. They were arm sized easily, if not bigger. From memory there was a very pine, lemon esk taste to the buds. The grow log however was interrupted by my bannishment at Cannabisworld for setting the moderators/admin straight on their fraudulent G13 claims. That was my first successful grow in the hempy bucket actually. The MK is the same which won a High Times Cannabis Cup in the early '90s.

Looking forward to seeing this thread progress, minus naked pictures of you in the garden ofcourse! :D

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing this thread progress, minus naked pictures of you in the garden ofcourse! :D

Don't knock it 'til you try it - I look like a young Rosie O'Donell with a big beard and tattoos!!

You know what is crazy? I was just thinking today that it has been many many years since I've had herb that was piney. This really has me intrigued!! I think I will be popping more of these earlier than I planned to. I would love to have that flavor in my arsenal - I am a flavor guy. I get rid of plants that have stellar potency that have no flavor. I am really excited about this news!

Thanks

Figured out how to make the pics look more like they do in person.

:D

Attachments

• IMG_2545.JPG
    IMG_2545.JPG
    703.6 KB · Views: 167
Thanks Sens! There is no info about this strain, that I can find, other than Shanti' description.

Guys i'm so interested in that strain but i never smoked any MasterKush...

So i searched a little, and even if there is no complete grow report here, i found this on ICMAG.

Do you know where i can find a detailled smoke report of this strain?
Is it earthy/musky or sweet/fruity?

Thanks.

Ps: i don't know if i'm allowed to post other forum's link here... Please tell me and i'll remove it.

Thanks for the link, DJ!

The female that was from the first batch is now starting to flower. I was working in the room last night on the super stinky La Nina clones in late flower and I kept smelling something I had never smelled before. I pinched the big ass main stem on the MKxSk and it hit me - this stuff smells like oregano!

I never smelled this before on a pot plant though I have a nice collection of oregano in my herb garden. Some kid tried to sell me a bag of oregano when I was in middle school ...

I asked my girl to go in the cave and smell the MKxSk female I have in early flowering. Her response, "It smells like oregano"!

It is a beautiful thick stemmed beast of a plant. I am really wanting to pop more of the seeds though I am out of space. I wish I had a camera. I will ask my girl to bring hers soon so y'all can get a look. I am thinking it could go piney further in flower - a trait I haven't experienced in 20 years or so.

Come on winter! I want to set up the attic grow room!

It has just started to flower. I haven't figured out how she likes her nutes yet but that is part of growing multiple strains.

The group shot is with a finished LN and the plants in the front are about the same size the MK x Sk was when flipped. You can see the MK x Sk is quite a stretcher. ~Can't wait to have the space to pop more!!

Attachments

• IMG_2548.jpg
    IMG_2548.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 215
Agreed

Ronin,

I agree with Flaco. When you get a chance to brother. Can you update this thread. About time we had a good mkxsk growlog. Hope your well...Ns

I will let ya know when it is done. I don't have a camera there and the test sample ended up being only one female so it isn't much to go on. I will def be planting more my next seed go round. I am really excited to see what is possible, the one in mid-flower is quite a specimen.

Taking pics just isn't a priority at this time. I have less time than I want with them and I spend that making sure everything is happy. I have multiples of around 15 or so unique plants to worry about. I usually take pics once every 3 or 4 cycles, ha. I will be sure to get some of the finished plant, or at least a cured shot of some of her fruits.

The one tester is probably got about 2 weeks or so left and it is dripping in resin. I am kicking myself for not keeping cuts. I am thinking my next seed popping will be all MKxSk.

The only thing with comparable resin in my garden is the SSHxMLI. I leached the medium 2 weeks ago thinking it would be down sooner but it is still going to yield quite well. Rock hard buds with giant swolen calyxes - biggest I have seen in years in person. They are so big I thought I had a hidden hermi and checked it for seeds. There will be very little trimming.

I sure wish I did more of these.

I will try to reveg this thing ...

I am really excited about this plant , more so than the other new ones in the room (Shit and Afghan Skunk) though that may change when the 2 later get a bit older. Big beautiful resin dripping buds that are hard as I get every time I visit her .... I love trying out new (to me) strains from the masters. This will be the first seed plant I have harvested in 8 or so months and I love the excitement - I know this is going to be a winner. It shows all signs it will finish with an "A" grade.

Still no camera, ha~!

about 2 weeks or so left and it is dripping in resin.

Rock hard buds with giant swolen calyxes - biggest I have seen in years in person.

They are so big I thought I had a hidden hermi and checked it for seeds.

There will be very little trimming.

I know this is going to be a winner. It shows all signs it will finish with an "A" grade.

Still no camera, ha~!

Sounds Excellent :D

If you happen to find a camera, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see some pics

There doesn't seem to be too much of an overpowering aroma but I will know better once I pull her out. She has some other stinky stuff around her so they could be covering up the odor a bit.

I don't like to move plants in late flowering around too much. I am thinking another week to ten days max before she gets moved to the pre-chopping dark room.

I found an old camera and pulled her out but the close-ups suck as I can't get the flash off.

It smell exactly like Pine-sol with a hint of lemon.

The next time I will put the MK x Sk in a good spot as opposed to a corner reserved for testers. Really easy plant to grow so far. Trimming should be a quick task.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 431
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    312.4 KB · Views: 207
Back