Musashi's Mohan Ram CBD Test.

a little bit of reference for you mu. Been searching in my archives and found one picture of one of the mohan ram grows ive done.

this should be first week of flower they have only seen 12/12 from day 1.
two plants,
medium=DWC
250 COB led
MohanRam1eWeekFlower2.JPG

edit: ive found more pics but i will not trash your thread,, if ya interested let me know bra!

Last edited:
Hey @Byorn! Bring them on. The more info we have on this strain the better. I don't seem to be doing a good job here. It will give me something to shoot for as I am thinking I might launch more seed to get the numbers up. Dang it though, I shouldn't have started the NL/Hz x Widow as it has biased the hell out of me and made me stingy with the grow space lol.
So what did you think of the MR when you grew it? Were these fem or reg seeds? Nice pic BTW- Phat leaves!

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

Well, after nearly drowning them, we are finally on the way. I've managed to salvage 3 good ones, one smaller one and a midget who was so waterlogged she barely had any root system. She almost found the bin but I decided to see how she does. As a whole, they have very consistent phenotype structure which makes me happy. Might just throw some Northern Widow pollen their way after all lol.

Mohan_ram 9_6.jpg

I think the "Northern Ram" would look like this:
Northern Widow x Mohan Ram
(NL5/Hz x Black Widow) x ( White Widow x Afg}
(25 x 25) x (25 x 25)
25 x 50 x 25
(12.5 x 12.5) x 50 x 25
(NL x Hz) x Wid x Afg
Afg 37 x Wid 50 x 12 Hz

A MedMan with a little Hz. With all that Widow, I bet she'd be real frosty!

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone,
Well, all the Holy Grail and Holy Smoke has been put up for cure leaving me with quite a bit of kief on the table. I ben blazin' 1631730021978.gif
I was taking these photos this morning thinking, "I'm a flower man not a veg man." That's what smokin hash will do to you early in the morning!
These are beauties as I get over my snobbiness about well you know. It's fun to grow homogeneous plants for a change- no selection, just go and grow. They are quickly acclimating with 3 of them looking identical in their lush leafiness and the other two lagging from the flood bc of my inattentiveness. Nevertheless, they are compact with good internodal spacing and sturdy stems. I wish I had more to take advantage of but as they are similar, I'll still be able to get a reasonable idea as to the nature of this plant. I like the 1.5% CBD that is part of it's makeup. Yeah, kinda likin' the little guys girls.

Mohan_ram 9_15.jpg

mu

Aloha everyone!

The Mohan Ram has been up-potted to 3.5 gal. pots. I had planned the task for tomorrow but had the time today and now it's all done. Now, both strains are in their flowering pots, the 2nd light has been turned on. I did notice that this MR root bundle isn't quite as dense as the Northern Widow which has a much denser root ball. Besides that, a slight excitement like getting ready to get on an amusement park ride, is coming over me.

mr roots 9_20.JPG

mr#2 9_20.jpg

mr#4 9_20.jpg

mu

Aloha everyone!

"I see the crystal raindrops fall
And the beauty of it all
Is when the sun comes shining through...
Just the two of us
We can make it if we try
Just the two of us..."

Just me and @Pheonix66 doing this Mohan Ram grow. Great to see @Pheonix66's Mohan Ram coming along. I think we are a week apart. As he is getting ready to up-pot, I have already done so. The girls are happy in their new homes. Everyone is sprouting new growth as we get closer to 12/12. Unlike the way the Northern Widow suffered from the pH imbalance, these gals cried, "MOAR!" Here's a coupla pics.

DSC_1559.JPG

DSC_1557.JPG

DSC_1558.JPG

#4 the Fat Bottomed Girl. She took her sweet time setting down roots.
DSC_1556.JPG

Here's the runt that I nursed back to health. Probably keep her as the mum.
mohan runt 9_25.JPG

mu

Aloha everyone!

Things are starting to pick up steam! All the girls are showing signs of readiness, getting bigger by the day. I am impressed with this Medicine Man wannabe. She's squat but prolific; comparing to the pics of last Saturday, they have added quite a bit of biomass as you can see. I'll be lining everyone up in the gates in the next day of two. Just need to get the cuttings done.

Mohan Ram #1
mr1 9_30.JPG

Mohan Ram #2
mr2 9_30.JPG

Mohan Ram #3
mr3 9_30.JPG

Mohan Ram #4
mr4 9_30.JPG

mu

Aloha everyone!

Now 10 days after 12/12 initiation, they are doing fine. I am getting ready to hydrate them and later, give them a prophylactic spray. Things are definitely in their growth spurt esp. with regard to the widow variety that shares the room.

mr#1 10_14.jpg
Mohan Ram #1

mr#2 10_14.jpg
Mohan Ram #2

mr#3 10_14.jpg
Mohan Ram #3

mr#4 10_14.jpg
Mohan Ram #4

grp11 10_14.JPG
Everyone in the center the room in preparation for their communal shower.

🤙mu

Aloha everyone!
Going into week 4 of flower, they are progressing nicely. The description sez it was crossed with a sweet Afghani but all I smell on the stem rubs is day-old-bottom-of-the-shoe dog poop. The plants are sturdy and compact with dense vegetation. Flower time is 8 weeks, so we are half way there. These next 4 weeks should show continued bud growth and trich development as trichs are sparse at this point. I've forgotten how much I enjoy these Indies. In looking over my Indie threads, I got thinking about the next Indie grow and what it will be made of. NL5xAfg, MKS, MedMan, Ortega are definitely on the list. Maybe revisit the Critical Mass. I gave 6 clones of CM a while back to some good friends. They think they like it better than their pre98 Bubba.

mr#1 10_25.jpg
Mohan Ram #1

mr#2 10_25.jpg
Mohan Ram #2

mr#3 10_25.jpg
Mohan Ram #3

mr#4 10_25.jpg
Mohan Ram #4

🤙mu

I don't know what it is but I have no problem getting up with the plants even with the time change. They bring me such joy. It is the 36th day for these 56 day plants. With less than 3 weeks left, they are now getting serious. Leaves are yellowing and buds are swelling.
I did start this grow with a certain amount of bias as I've been shooting up strictly sativas going on two years now. With short-term Indies I felt a bit out of practice as far as nutrient cycle and duration is concerned. Thank goodness for resilient plants.
I do not typically grow fems as there is still so much MNS regular seed for me to grow. I happen to appreciate the time from seed, to the selection of sex and then the selection of phenotype. But having said that, the Mohan Ram is a fun plant if you're an Indica grower. It's advantage lies in its compactness. It would be perfect for a tent grow. It matures quickly enough for the most impatient. She has water sensitivity but has no problem eating. I did not top these plants but feel they could benefit from the technique. Her Afghani heritage shows up in slow root development so I would give her a lot of veg time. Looking forward to harvesting these soon to sample her for the final word.

mr#1 11_8.jpg
Mohan Ram #1

mr#2 11_8.jpg
Mohan Ram #2

mr#3 11_8.jpg
Mohan Ram #3

mr#4 11_8.jpg
Mohan Ram #4

🤙mu

Hi Mu

must say i reviewed the whole thread and the quickness and compactness and possibly weight is what commercial flowering growers were after . So we do not sell it under MNS range as we do not sell fems, but we made a large volume for a client who asked for it. Since we always test our finished seeds prior to going to clients or packeting...well we all agreed this fem seed seemed to perform well every time and in most every grow circumstance...so always good to see other growers illustrate their experiences with the same seed...especially since you seem to be getting very similar results as we did.

Will be interested to hear how you feel it affects the person once used after harvest....so well done and looking forward to hearing the rest once it is complete.

All the best Sb

Nice work mu!
This will be a useful thread to use as revision when timing indica dom's.
It's a shame this strain cannot be turned back into a regular seed variety. She's a classy looking lady.
Still, I'm not complaining I have plenty to work through in the MNS Indica department .
Looking forward to the photo's of the last weeks and your final thoughts to wrap things up.
I just have to say I look at your photo's and besides admiring the flowers I can't help but be reminded how dirty my room is!
Keep raising the bar for the rest of us mu. That's how we all get better. Peace ✌

Back