Mr. Brown goes black

Day 125 (day 80 at 12/12)

It is how it is and Widow #2 is doing her thing ;)
full

Top shot
full

Bud shot :love:
full

Trichome shots
full

full

full

After I tried the quick dried test bud I'm curious what Widow #2 has to offer after some proper drying and curing :unsure:

MB
From my trials, all widow cultivars I did grow, loved some longer cure. From what I clearly remember each new week off storage time means diametraly more enjoyment ;)

Day 130 (day 85 at 12/12)

No changes at the set up and Widow #2 looks good (y)
full

Today I cut off the pollinated branches and put them in small paper bags to dry.

Top shot
full

Bud shot
full

Trichome shots :love:
full

full

full

I will cut Widow #2 down as soon as most of the trichomes are milky. The test bud was so strong I think I can't handle her when trichomes have too much amber.

Have a green Sunday
MB

Day 142 (day 97 at 12/12)

Widow #2 gave me a hard time so far but it seems that she will pay me back in the end :) Her buds are hard and sticky and she smells delicious :love:
full

Top shot
full

Bud shot
full

Trichome shots :love:
full

full

full

I decided to start the 36 hours dark period tonight and cut her down on sunday on day 99 at 12/12 (y)

This is the end my friend
MB

I'm amazed at the level of frost and terp profile Shantis Black Widow will deliver. I had a clone flowered out that I basically ignored that was deficient, suffred low lumens, high Temps, crazy humidity swings and it still made a rock hard, frosted, and amazing smelling flower.

With all the love and care you gave yours. Expect 🔥

The sativa end of Black Widow has definitely made me look 2x at her. Now my question is more between the Black Widow, Widow AC, and Widow Grail, where the best sativa effects are coupled with the fruitier expressions? I mean the weird funk is welcome... but some of the fruit profiles, I've heard people describe here... I'm not even a fruity weed guy per se. I like tobacco, tea, earth, forest scents, over the top racidity (durian of weed,) but some of the Widow fruit expressions sound nice.

Don't get me wrong, I love fruit too, but if I had to choose, I'd say floral expressions are my absolute favorite. Like when it smells like rose, lavender, geranium, etc. I like it all though. Woody notes can be nice too (IF... IF... it is cured correctly)

Well done @Mr. Brown looks like you will be rewarded with some nice 👌🏼 smoke
Thank you @eazynz 🙏
well done brown. im impressed with your tenacity. i wouldn't have stuck this one out, but its good to see your finished bud! enjoy your harvest
Thank you @sneakyfeck 🙏
Good job @Mr. Brown.(y)

This was a challenging grow.
Looks like she will reward you with nice buds in the end, enjoy!:)
Thank you @Swifty 🙏

It's so much fun to grow side by side with you guys :) and you keep me motivated to finish challenging grows like this (y)

Looking forward to all our future grows :love:
MB

Day 149

The journey is over :) After 5 days of drying I trimmed the buds and put them in 1 liter brown pharmacy bottles with 62% Boveda packs for curing.
full

In total I harvested ~54g of sticky buds with a very pleasant floral smell :love:

This is what my plan for the weekend looks like ;)
full

I wish y'all a wonderful stoned weekend
MB

Last edited:
Day 149

The journey is over :) After 5 days of drying I trimmed the buds and put them in 1 liter brown pharmacy bottles with 62% Boveda packs for curing.
full

In total I harvested ~54g of sticky buds with a very pleasant floral smell :love:

This is what my plan for the weekend looks like ;)
full

I wish y'all a wonderful stoned weekend
MB

I get very nostalgic when I see those hollow bronze statues. Back in the mid nineties you could have them packed with charas in India and shipped to the UK.

Back