Most practikal outdoor plant for the cold north

I don’t have first hand experience but I would have guessed from what I’ve read Early Queen would be a good one to try. Around here we’ve had lots of rain in October and everyone’s out door plants have been getting destroyed with powdery mildew in some cases it seems almost overnight!!

I’m thankful I can grow indoor, but if not I’d be watching the weather and harvesting early when I have to! Better she be not quite done, than done and full of mildew / mould.

Hi
I always wanted to make a outdoor run but where i live the weather is not so good u could say i live in denmark(its not far) in terms of weather how long the sommer is its short but in september is always warm and sunshine but then alot rain alot oktober have to be finish better September
my question is which strain whould be the best or should i stick with Walkabout and try with it or just an indika strain with short blum maybe someone have experience with such conditions and have successful runs with a Specific strain

THX
Hanzde
Early Pearl x Skunk says it should finish mid September
If you can select a female indoor and use cuttings outdoor you might even finish a plant a week earlier.
👍

I have now Early Queen , Ortega , Early Haze , and alot others almost the entire catalogue :cool: maybe i use the G13 x Skunk and NL5 x Skunk i have almost 3 months now in my closet because the cuts refuse to show gender they all rooted but no sex jet ok it took almost a month for 1 cuting to show root outside the jiffy i think it had already roots inside my assumption is not enough darkness and not enough light after low feeding they started to stretch so i changed everything they have it dark enough and enough light .And because of that i started a Fem round i switch next week to 12/12 my thought was now to use the cuts for the next round or the mature plant after i know sex but its alredy april since it would only be logical to use the mature plants for outdoor they are mature and what i have seen ,i hab 1 fem under the t8 as well in tinny pot after 1 week in good soil in bigger pot you can't recognize her the growth exploded so that whould be the best in terms of time and we all know time is money

*edit* ah and i have 2 skunk haze or no 2 critikal skunks

Last edited:
I have now Early Queen , Ortega , Early Haze , and alot others almost the entire catalogue :cool: maybe i use the G13 x Skunk and NL5 x Skunk i have almost 3 months now in my closet because the cuts refuse to show gender they all rooted but no sex jet ok it took almost a month for 1 cuting to show root outside the jiffy i think it had already roots inside my assumption is not enough darkness and not enough light after low feeding they started to stretch so i changed everything they have it dark enough and enough light .And because of that i started a Fem round i switch next week to 12/12 my thought was now to use the cuts for the next round or the mature plant after i know sex but its alredy april since it would only be logical to use the mature plants for outdoor they are mature and what i have seen ,i hab 1 fem under the t8 as well in tinny pot after 1 week in good soil in bigger pot you can't recognize her the growth exploded so that whould be the best in terms of time and we all know time is money

the g13 skunk should be the more early number 2 the early queen (some phenotype of that 2 strain can finish around 30 september) nl5skunk is more longer
for the early queen the difference between phenotype is very important

Hi. I am living in a place thats not so different from yours. This year I will do my first outdoor grow and will run a pack of early queen along with a cut of ortega and nl5afghan. I think outdoor growing is much dependent on weather, so we must hope to be lucky with the rain. But bud structure is also a factor as it seems. Fluffy buds are less prone to mold as opposed to thick and dense indica buds. Was following the grow of @quinxstar last year and it seemed that the earlier ones he grew got mold because the buds were already dense when the rain came while the longer flowering ones had only small buds and did not mold. But I cant remember how the grow ended.

Hi. I am living in a place thats not so different from yours. This year I will do my first outdoor grow and will run a pack of early queen along with a cut of ortega and nl5afghan. I think outdoor growing is much dependent on weather, so we must hope to be lucky with the rain. But bud structure is also a factor as it seems. Fluffy buds are less prone to mold as opposed to thick and dense indica buds. Was following the grow of @quinxstar last year and it seemed that the earlier ones he grew got mold because the buds were already dense when the rain came while the longer flowering ones had only small buds and did not mold. But I cant remember how the grow ended.
yea but after the rain comes the cold and the fluffy buds have to finish befor that

Not necessarily. Sometimes oktober or even november can be quite warm and sunny. Its a gamble with the weather 🤷‍♂️
true when i think about it where i live we dont get a real winter just rain all the time gray and rain and the temp´s are moderate so maybe a strain what needs longer isnt necessarily worse in this case

I think the best way to go is using multiple strains (or phenos of the same strain) that differ in finishing time. So a super early one, a middle one and a late finisher. For the late finisher I would not exaggerate it, maybe an early haze or early skunk haze. That way you increase the probability that at least one of the chosen ones will give you a nice harvest. In my case I think I will go for some autoflowers and early queen and some cuttings I still have. Next year maybe early haze.

Back