MNS's most underrated strain

I think early Queen doesn’t get the praise it is due. It is a very enjoyable strain. Indescribable smells and flavours. Easy to grow and opening a jar after a nice cure is intoxicating.
It can also be very potent this one puts me to sleep in the middle of the day.
66C9FE41-9A5A-4E33-A4D2-3D161DB465CD.jpeg

Hi All,

Something I have not seen mentioned was NHS...Smelled like rotted meat, and piss. I had to make seed at the time as I thought I would never be able to buy again, or get any. <<<Yeah I am paranoid a lil...I had 4 NHS, and 2 MW. I sent seed from that to the west coast, and over seas. Both reported some smelly girls, and a very bubblegum smelling plant. Two diff people two diff styles of groing.

I'd look in these two. Plus I love the Doors...Ns

Old school indie is Master Kush Skunk. Flavors and smells transport one back in time. Uncomplicated, an example of straight up indie without too much poly-hybridization. The 25% haze in Master Kaze adds a certain sparkle, setting the MK off in a good way. The phenotypes are mostly indies with the haze types being very satisfying. The Stones has 50% haze and is a different animal. Most all have old world smells and tastes of coffee and rich earth on hardy stems and branches. This is great after-work stuff, ironing out the knots of the day without immediately turning the light switch off!

🤙
Mu
I will agree with you Mu about Master Kush, is one of my old times Favorites really nice taste,smell, looks and packs a kick.
Thanks for the description on MK and Stones , You point out important details 🙏.

-Save The Brains

I think early Queen doesn’t get the praise it is due. It is a very enjoyable strain. Indescribable smells and flavours. Easy to grow and opening a jar after a nice cure is intoxicating.
It can also be very potent this one puts me to sleep in the middle of the day.

Good point kushumpeng, Early Queen surprised me quite a bit in the potency department. I didn't really find it was one that put me to sleep in the middle of the day (nightime was a different story), actually found it to be a very enjoyable daytime smoke...nice flavours and nice effect. You don't hear much of her so a dark horse in the range for sure.

Hi All,

Something I have not seen mentioned was NHS...Smelled like rotted meat, and piss. I had to make seed at the time as I thought I would never be able to buy again, or get any. <<<Yeah I am paranoid a lil...I had 4 NHS, and 2 MW. I sent seed from that to the west coast, and over seas. Both reported some smelly girls, and a very bubblegum smelling plant. Two diff people two diff styles of groing.

I'd look in these two. Plus I love the Doors...Ns

I was thinking of NHM too and Nevil's Skunk...don't hear much of either but their pedigrees suggest they should be good. I haven't tried them myself...would be good if others reading the thread that can chime in with their experiences on those two.

the smoke was good. it was not quite as hazy as a skunk haze, but mostly along that line. there definately was a hint of the kush in there too. kind of a strange combination. had that ripe fruit kind of thing going on. i had a nice nevilles haze going at that time, which i liked better, so i let her go.

Thanks Throwback, that's some good info. I hate decision time when you've got more good plants than you have room for and need t decide which get let go.

i found a plant in angels breath that was very sweet, kind of sugary flavor.
it was a surprise, not really expecting that from the pedigree.
it was not as hazy as i would have thought for something with 3 layers of haze in it.
it was nice and i kept it around for a couple years before i let it go to make room for new stuff.

Aloha MNS family!

I agree with many members that there are some strains that are un-derrated/un-derappreciated. Or perhaps a better word is un-discovered.
...I think early Queen doesn’t get the praise it is due...
...It has to come from the Early Queen. Then the Haze AC is like dipping them in acid. :eek: It's one of those genetic harmonies that just plain work...
I happen to agree with @kushumpeng on the EQ and @slabsofdank statement on a EQ hybrid got me to thinking about the un-discovered strains in the R&R series.

So, in an effort to familiarize members to many of these unsung heroes, a new program came into being. MNS will periodically provide seeds to members who are willing to "discover" these unique offerings from MNS.

How about we start with the U2? We would like to choose 5 members to test grow the U2. As usual the only proviso is that you grow the seed within a reasonable amount of time and provide testimony on this site in the form of a journal with pictures. I am interested in serious growers that can make this commitment only. I gotta get this out of the way- we get our share of ppl who use these opportunities to freeload, please don't be one of them. Put your hat in the ring ASAP if you have an interest to party with the U2.

🤙mu

How about we start with the U2? We would like to choose 5 members to test grow the U2. As usual the only proviso is that you grow the seed within a reasonable amount of time and provide testimony on this site in the form of a journal with pictures. I am interested in serious growers that can make this commitment only. I gotta get this out of the way- we get our share of ppl who use these opportunities to freeload, please don't be one of them. Put your hat in the ring ASAP if you have an interest to party with the U2.

🤙mu

Divided my growroom in 2 floors.
Read your message.
Germing 5 U2 seeds.

Aloha MNS family!

I agree with many members that there are some strains that are un-derrated/un-derappreciated. Or perhaps a better word is un-discovered.

I happen to agree with @kushumpeng on the EQ and @slabsofdank statement on a EQ hybrid got me to thinking about the un-discovered strains in the R&R series.

So, in an effort to familiarize members to many of these unsung heroes, a new program came into being. MNS will periodically provide seeds to members who are willing to "discover" these unique offerings from MNS.

🤙mu
Last time I grew the u2 I made them suffer trying new things but the smoke was comparable to that of critical haze imo . And I am sure I harvested early as well . I May have some more u2 laying around . Got the cleaning . Maybe I gave some away to some friends.

Aloha MNS family!

🤙mu
that is a cool idea I would join but have a round of fem´s running right now because my cuts refuse to show their gender my hands are full maybe next time

As I lean strongly toward sativas, I believe some of the more under-rated MNS include:
  • Afghan haze
  • Skunk haze, Nev's skunk
  • Early Queen, Early haze and U2
  • Mango widow, grail widow
I'm experiencing withdrawal because it's been a couple months since I've had a grow going, and I'm renovating my HVAC system so no indoor growing until autumn. Therefore, I think I'm going to pop a few early haze or U2 and run them outside, possibly finish them indoors. If I grow the early haze it'll be interesting to compare it to the U2 grows. The MNS seed stash hasn't been busted out in a while, and I love what I've seen of EQ.

As I lean strongly toward sativas, I believe some of the more under-rated MNS include:
  • Afghan haze
  • Skunk haze, Nev's skunk
  • Early Queen, Early haze and U2
  • Mango widow, grail widow
I'm experiencing withdrawal because it's been a couple months since I've had a grow going, and I'm renovating my HVAC system so no indoor growing until autumn. Therefore, I think I'm going to pop a few early haze or U2 and run them outside, possibly finish them indoors. If I grow the early haze it'll be interesting to compare it to the U2 grows. The MNS seed stash hasn't been busted out in a while, and I love what I've seen of EQ.
Critical Haze?

Back