MNS auctions FAQ

Greetings B0b, Beanz, Elmer,

I too was born into the car business and have been attending auctions (Adesa, Manhiem, etc B0b knows) since I was a kid. 1/2 price is a good rule of thumb. The only problem is you don'y need a license to attend MNS auctions, unlike the car business. So the down side is that MNS auctions are open to anyone. That is like letting anyone and everyone in the car auctions. Well that would eliminate my job and open up the wholesale market to the public.

The difference is when I go to an auction for cars I know that I need to fix it up, make a profit, and be able to fix any warrantee work that might come back. So my buying patterns would be different then someone who was buying the car for themselves. They are willing to spend more and buy with emotion rather then sense since the car is for them and not a product they are going to sell.

Best Regards

sativaXindica

Shanti already said the auction was to clear space (he worded it differently)

they do world wide delivery , and if you opt out of the sign on delivery its free ,,,, here is a copy n paste from them

Worldwide Delivery

We use International Signed For delivery which costs from £7.50 (no VAT is payable on shipping and products for orders from outside EU) and takes between 5-25 working days. The parcel requires a signature on delivery.

*If you opt out of a delivery method which needs a signature then your parcel will not be insured and we can not resend it if it goes missing.

We can track parcels that require a signature and will resend goods if they fail to arrive.

so there you go ,,, just because they have a disclaimer saying they dont ship to the US does NOT meen they actually dont , its general knowledge that most if not all seedbanks that claim they dont ship to the US actually do , and if you opt out of the different ways of delivery requireing a sig the shipping is free

and what do i care ? well i care enough that i was bidding untill it got TOO CLOSE to retail , it isnt just about you beanz

anyway as i said i wasnt trying to centre you out , i used your auction simply because it had just finished and you had said yourself you won it and at what price , there are many auctions where people are paying 2/3 of retail and some even OVER retail

a general rule of auctioning is things go for half of new , not 3/4 or 2/3 of retail price , ive actually seen many fights at auctions because someone comes in and bids something stupidly high , quite amuseing actually :p

but untill you realise that you will think your happy paying close to full price when in fact you SHOULD and COULD be paying less and some day will realise that

but carry on doing things however you wish beanz , it is after all your wish

peace :cool:

EDIT : grrr im so done talking to you

If I was the only one who thought you are a little too aggressive, I'd feel bad.
I thought your anger was a bit misplaced, but it makes sense now that I find you were bidding on the same thing. Idk who you are but the person I had out bid offered 18E for Dreamtime. So because you'd pay 2E less than I would, I'M an idiot for over-paying?
If it helps you sleep at night, I wasn't gonna pay more than 20E for it ok?
Besides there are 8 more to sell. After the tards like me get what we want, you'll probably get it for even cheaper considering there was little action on the Dreamtime so chill fool.

Last edited:
Im bidding on something a little more expensive , when enyone bids on it my stomach drops lol .Its all kind of exciting.I wont pay more than the original price.

Simone,

(Sent PM previously with no response) Where's the love?

Please be so kind as to send the confirmation email so I can participate.

Very respectfully,

Ojo

Simone,

(Sent PM previously with no response) Where's the love?

Please be so kind as to send the confirmation email so I can participate.

Very respectfully,

Ojo

Maybe check the email or what you typed or something cause I got a reply in seconds.

Hi there, I won a bid and I wanted to use PayPal. When I signed up the page had a place to put your PayPal address. Thus I thought I could use it. Turns out I still have to send cash. Will you be taking PayPal in the future? I would rather PayPal the money, and that is why I bid in the first place. Otherwise I could have ordered sooner and not bothered with the auction, as it would have been about the same or cheaper with my medical discount.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Dawn

Hi Dawn,
Paypal has an extremely strict usage agreement.
Their "Acceptable Use Policy" pretty much excludes any transactions that are cannabis related, regardless of state laws in the US or national laws in other countries.

In other words, Shanti couldn't use it even if he wanted to.
This was discussed early in the official feedback thread.

Default options when installing the auction software.
It absolutely should be removed by the Web Admin guy that set it up (my opinion.)

Actually, all of those options should be replaced with a statement that says "payment by bank transfer of cash/money order only. Details on sending payment provided via email to auction winner." or something like that.
It needs to be in the auction web site, not contained in a FAQ that can't be found by searching the auction website . . . ahem.

If you cannot pay via the options the offer, or if you could buy direct with your med discount for less than your winning bid, I would PM our new Auction admin directly and request that the auction results be reset and that you not be held to your commitment to buy.
Maybe they will PM or email the next highest bidder and give them the option of buying it for their last bid?

Good luck Dawn.

I love the auction site.
There are a few things that could be improved, but it works as expected.

Excellent points made Cptn, but I bid on it and won it to see what the experience was like so I would know what to expect next time if I found something I wanted. The purchase is good so I will keep it. I can flower 2 or 3 crops of Early Queen while running the haze, haze hybrids, and sativas I have. jondojoando ran this strain and I have wanted it ever since.

So YOU'RE the one who took my early queen *shakes fist:mad:

:D

:mad:
Heres how to win an auction.
Log in 10 minutes before the auctions over typ in your bid, & then just wait till the last second , & then push enter.
It will work great the poor guy that you just screwed over , will be helpless, & unable to do anything about it.

:mad:
Heres how to win an auction.
Log in 10 minutes before the auctions over typ in your bid, & then just wait till the last second , & then push enter.
It will work great the poor guy that you just screwed over , will be helpless, & unable to do anything about it.

thats a great plan , as long as you realise it can backfire on you , when you place that last second bid only to find out someone had previously bid higher then your bid and you didnt know it , and now its too late to place another bid

peace :cool:

I wouldent do anything like that,im to honest to come up with a sceem like that.But now anybody that reads this can do it , mabey they can come up with a way to stop this , & make it fair for people that have to much pride , to resort to sneaky tricks.

I wouldent do anything like that,im to honest to come up with a sceem like that.But now anybody that reads this can do it , mabey they can come up with a way to stop this , & make it fair for people that have to much pride , to resort to sneaky tricks.

The administrator told me that this is ok. its just how auctions work .

Cat, please don't take this personally, but any time you play a game without understanding the rules, you should not expect to win.

This is how every web auction site on the internet works.

Im wont take it personaly Cptn , I spoke to Simone , & she was pleasent , & helpfull.I dont intend to mention this again.

personally i dont like auctions much myself :), not that good at them and i tried what bob suggested 1 time on ebay, waited until the last second to put in a bid, bid 25,00 but because i was rushing i put an extra zero at the end to make it 25,000, omg i was shitting it, trying to hit back but it was no good, just bid 25 grand for a comp game for the kids, was in a panic for a good 10 mins before i realized what had happened, its just went to the highest bidder which was me, got the game for £25, but that put me off auctions for life man, nice idea if your good at them, but is the option still there to order direct ???

Some one just explained a good bidding strategy to me ,& it was both wise , & honest.So im cool for next time.

Last edited:
howdy Simone :)

how you do?

thank you volunteer at mns auction.
much interest with you perspective with respect to maximum price feature when bid reach retail price.

positive vibration

Back