MNS auctions FAQ

Hi Simone, thanks for doing what you do to make this a smoother operation. I was wondering, do you take PayPal yet? And if so, can I use it to buy direct and not wait for the auctions?

Thanks for your help,
Dawn

Hi Dawn,
Purchasing marijuana seeds is against the terms of the paypal license agreement.
I would not expect that option to become available.

this isnt replacing the direct order option from Shanti is it? if so this is a horrible idea. Im failing to see the purpose of having to bid on seeds unless I can get them for dirt cheap. I dont have time for bids.

Having some "buy it now" auctions for every strain live at all times would solve that.
Once that was in place, the only difference would be the personal touch we had buying via PM with Shanti, right?

this isnt replacing the direct order option from Shanti is it? if so this is a horrible idea. Im failing to see the purpose of having to bid on seeds unless I can get them for dirt cheap. I dont have time for bids.

lol look at some of the bids , its definately not a buyers market on some of the stuff , and thats what people need to realise , its an auction , if your gunna bid these high prices just order the damn strain

Oh darn ( watching my language) I was figuring in that 25% medical discount

Still do not know if it is going to be an option or not.

lol look at some of the bids , its definately not a buyers market on some of the stuff , and thats what people need to realise , its an auction , if your gunna bid these high prices just order the damn strain

I agree and I explained this to Simone. But so far their is still a couple good below the direct prices even with the 25% discount, but not by much.

All you have to do is look at the ebay and know that bidders do not always know what they are doing! ;)

I have bid on 1-2 but then someone bid it over what you can buy direct for, it is unreal!

I would love to win a couple but not if it will cost more than direct.

Good luck!

Fuck ALL!

Why don't you guys just put the highest fucking bid on the page. Sometime when you bid above the highest bid, it'll say it wasn't enough to become top bidder and raise the minimum bid. After about 2-3 of that shit, I'm too pissed to even remember what I'm bidding on! lol

Why don't you guys just put the highest fucking bid on the page. Sometime when you bid above the highest bid, it'll say it wasn't enough to become top bidder and raise the minimum bid. After about 2-3 of that shit, I'm too pissed to even remember what I'm bidding on! lol

because thats how it works , you put your highest bid

if you are willing to pay 30 bux then put 30 , if the highest before your bid was 20 then you will get it for 21 or 22 bux , figure out how the auctions work BEFORE bitching about them , only reason i see for bitching so far is people bidding too high (some strains over retail price let alone direct ordering price), i meen think about it , we have to pay for shipping on top of our bid and also pay shipping to get the payment to the seller so realy we are paying shipping twice :rolleyes: , unless shanti is now accepting credit cards

because thats how it works , you put your highest bid

if you are willing to pay 30 bux then put 30 , if the highest before your bid was 20 then you will get it for 21 or 22 bux , figure out how the auctions work BEFORE bitching about them , only reason i see for bitching so far is people bidding too high (some strains over retail price let alone direct ordering price), i meen think about it , we have to pay for shipping on top of our bid and also pay shipping to get the payment to the seller so realy we are paying shipping twice :rolleyes: , unless shanti is now accepting credit cards

I'm gonna assume I didn't explain myself well enough....

So here's what happened. The highest bid for 'x' was 10E let's say. I bid 11E and type my password. When the page refreshes, it says 'your bid wasn't enough to make you the highest bidder' or something, and raises the minimum bid. I know how an auction works bob.

I'm gonna assume I didn't explain myself well enough....

So here's what happened. The highest bid for 'x' was 10E let's say. I bid 11E and type my password. When the page refreshes, it says 'your bid wasn't enough to make you the highest bidder' or something, and raises the minimum bid. I know how an auction works bob.

i knew exactly what you ment , you do not know how the auction works

starting bid 0,50 , you bid 30,00 , but you are only responsible for the 0,50 , someone bids 5,00 , they are not high enough to reach the 30 you had bid , you are now responsible for paying 5,00 untill someone bids higher then 5,00

am i clear enough for you yet or do i need to explain further ?

EDIT , id like to add that i like the way the auction works , insted of a bunch of bidding wars we simply put in our max ammount we are willing to pay , if its the highest bid at the time we are in , and at the end we might be happily surprised and get the strain for less then we were willing to bid/pay

put up your bid that you are willing to pay , if you win great , if someone goes over your bid well then your out , its that simple , no need for yourself to multiple bid , its done for you untill someone finally reaches a higher bid then yours

and yes i can see how when it says highest bid is 11 bux when realy its not , but thats how it works , you have to take the good with the bad sometimes

Last edited:
i knew exactly what you ment , you do not know how the auction works

starting bid 0,50 , you bid 30,00 , but you are only responsible for the 0,50 , someone bids 5,00 , they are not high enough to reach the 30 you had bid , you are now responsible for paying 5,00 untill someone bids higher then 5,00

am i clear enough for you yet or do i need to explain further ?

EDIT , id like to add that i like the way the auction works , insted of a bunch of bidding wars we simply put in our max ammount we are willing to pay , if its the highest bid at the time we are in , and at the end we might be happily surprised and get the strain for less then we were willing to bid/pay

put up your bid that you are willing to pay , if you win great , if someone goes over your bid well then your out , its that simple , no need for yourself to multiple bid , its done for you untill someone finally reaches a higher bid then yours

and yes i can see how when it says highest bid is 11 bux when realy its not , but thats how it works , you have to take the good with the bad sometimes

Great, you know more about online auctions than I do. Does it make you feel better to make someone feel stupid?
Rather than assuming you didn't know what I was talking about, I should've went with my gut feeling that you meant to be an asshole, but I try and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for explaining that to me, that is a good way to work the auction. I just won Dreamtime for 20E.

holy shit man , im sorry i tried to help clear things up for you

mental note to self ,,,, do not try to help beanz ever again , he will shit on you for it :rolleyes:

congrats on winning the dreamtime

G`day Bob

Are you an old E bay- er by any chance ?
Good strategy on the auction .
I had similar thoughts, decide how much I wanna pay and sit back fingers crossed .
Of course Shanti`s prices are hard to beat .

Thanks for sharin

Elmer Bud .

nah , but im in the automotive selling bizz , done a lot of auto auctions and the "silent" auctions are run the same way most online auctions are run

but yeah , thanx for the "Good strategy on the auction" comment

i wish others would understand the auctions and know/set thier limits , take for instance beanz (no beanz im not centering you out or trying to be an asshole , its just that you recently finished an auction) beanz figures getting the dreamtime for 20 bux was winning , when if you think about it its 20 bux plus shipping , plus shipping to get the payment to shanti , so realy it isnt 20 bux now is it , and dreamtime is available from seedsman for 30 bux so id assume even cheaper from shanti direct
,,,, Dreamtime Regular Seeds - Mr Nice Seedbank - Cannabis Seeds - Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds :: Seedsman

the auction will work for the masses only if the few stop bidding crazy high prices , its an auction and suposed to be a buyers market for crying out loud

peace :cool:

Fah cryin aout lawd!

Jeez what do you care what it 'expensive' to me? Seedsman doesn't deliver to america and even if they did, they'd probab;y charge for shipping, and the last
price list I got from shanti had Dreamtime at 35E. And attitude comes out to 42E by the time you're done. So yeah, 15E is a good discount to me, especially since I was already gonna buy it.

Fah cryin aout lawd!

Jeez what do you care what it 'expensive' to me? Seedsman doesn't deliver to america and even if they did, they'd probab;y charge for shipping, and the last
price list I got from shanti had Dreamtime at 35E. And attitude comes out to 42E by the time you're done. So yeah, 15E is a good discount to me, especially since I was already gonna buy it.

they do world wide delivery , and if you opt out of the sign on delivery its free ,,,, here is a copy n paste from them

Worldwide Delivery

We use International Signed For delivery which costs from £7.50 (no VAT is payable on shipping and products for orders from outside EU) and takes between 5-25 working days. The parcel requires a signature on delivery.

*If you opt out of a delivery method which needs a signature then your parcel will not be insured and we can not resend it if it goes missing.

We can track parcels that require a signature and will resend goods if they fail to arrive.

so there you go ,,, just because they have a disclaimer saying they dont ship to the US does NOT meen they actually dont , its general knowledge that most if not all seedbanks that claim they dont ship to the US actually do , and if you opt out of the different ways of delivery requireing a sig the shipping is free

and what do i care ? well i care enough that i was bidding untill it got TOO CLOSE to retail , it isnt just about you beanz

anyway as i said i wasnt trying to centre you out , i used your auction simply because it had just finished and you had said yourself you won it and at what price , there are many auctions where people are paying 2/3 of retail and some even OVER retail

a general rule of auctioning is things go for half of new , not 3/4 or 2/3 of retail price , ive actually seen many fights at auctions because someone comes in and bids something stupidly high , quite amuseing actually :p

but untill you realise that you will think your happy paying close to full price when in fact you SHOULD and COULD be paying less and some day will realise that

but carry on doing things however you wish beanz , it is after all your wish

peace :cool:

EDIT : grrr im so done talking to you

Last edited:
a general rule of auctioning is things go for half of new , not 3/4 or 2/3 of retail price , ive actually seen many fights at auctions because someone comes in and bids something stupidly high , quite amuseing actually :p

Greetings B0b, Beanz, Elmer,

I too was born into the car business and have been attending auctions (Adesa, Manhiem, etc B0b knows) since I was a kid. 1/2 price is a good rule of thumb. The only problem is you don'y need a license to attend MNS auctions, unlike the car business. So the down side is that MNS auctions are open to anyone. That is like letting anyone and everyone in the car auctions. Well that would eliminate my job and open up the wholesale market to the public.

The difference is when I go to an auction for cars I know that I need to fix it up, make a profit, and be able to fix any warrantee work that might come back. So my buying patterns would be different then someone who was buying the car for themselves. They are willing to spend more and buy with emotion rather then sense since the car is for them and not a product they are going to sell.

Best Regards

sativaXindica

Back