MK/S (2017)

Reason

Thought I’d share a few photos from my last grow with this old gal. Not much to say, really. Rank, musky, skunky and rotten with pine on the backend and a taste to match. Grew her in some pretty basic (these days) organic homemade soil—a personal take on the ‘Coot’ mix that went around for a while. This is hands down one of the strongest smelling plants I’ve ever grown.

reason-albums-master-kush-skunk-2016-2017-picture13350-not-sure-why-%92s-sideways-but-main-cola-she-flowered-clone-about-7%94-tall.jpeg

reason-albums-master-kush-skunk-2016-2017-picture13349-one-lower-bud-sites-pheno-had-some-purple-show-through-due-temps-dipping-towards-end-bus-cycle.jpeg

reason-albums-master-kush-skunk-2016-2017-picture13348-dried-cured-smelling-like-sulfuric-pine-sap.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like fire mate, nothing wrong with a simple organic mix if it gets the job done.

In my opinion company's like Advanced nutrients and the likes are robbing people blind, there is no reason to split your nutrient line into 32 bottless, except it makes you millions of course.

Looks like fire mate, nothing wrong with a simple organic mix if it gets the job done.

In my opinion company's like Advanced nutrients and the likes are robbing people blind, there is no reason to split your nutrient line into 32 bottless, except it makes you millions of course.

Not to mention that 98% of what they sell is literal water weight. Full of dyes and stabilizers at that. Could do a lot more good for the world by shipping bulk dry ingredients and teaching folks to mix their own concentrates from scratch.

I try not to push my own ideas onto others often but a clean organic no-till setup has been the most simple and efficient method I’ve tried yet. And I’m a classic ‘try it all at least once’ type of person.

Thanks for stopping in and giving some love!:)

5 USD for my mineral salts and some elbow grease for mixing, i get 1000 litres of nutrient solution, the company I use will even custom mix to what ever disired NPK I want.

I really want to go back to organics, I've never tried it for indoors but it seems impractical for growing in tiny pots.

What size pots are you using with your no till ?

What size pots are you using with your no till ?

They’re 30 gallon 2’x2’ fabric pots. I like to use some thin (3mm or so) plastic to line the upper half of the inside of the pot, I find this helps reduce a significant amount of water-waste and, by association, relative humidity as well.

What I love about the footprint of these is that I can adapt on the fly. Can do one large bush per pot or a sea of green with a smaller clone every 8” on center. Can have both going at the same time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some worms in the pots, top dress with a little of this and a little of that between crops... takes a little effort to keep the biodiversity going, but not much and certainly far less than most other styles I’ve tried over the past decade plus.

Never seen those Fabric Planters in my part of the world, those might work.

Do you get as good yield for a sog style grow in your no till vs synthetic feeding ?

Never seen those Fabric Planters in my part of the world, those might work.

Do you get as good yield for a sog style grow in your no till vs synthetic feeding ?

I haven’t grown any of these cuts with synthetics, so... I don’t have an answer for you. But I also didn’t want to just ignore you. :cool:

I haven’t grown any of these cuts with synthetics, so... I don’t have an answer for you. But I also didn’t want to just ignore you. :cool:

Thats all good, I just mean in general. Got no experience with organics indoors, outdoor grows have always been organic but it's been a long time since I did that and you can't really compare the 2 in my country at least.

Thats all good, I just mean in general.

These plants, among others from Shanti’s lines that I’ve grown (Devil, Afghan Haze and Shit), produced fat sticky buds with great leaf to calyx ratios. I imagine a properly dialed in setup either way should produce similar results, but I can’t say that with any certainty as I haven’t used salt-based materials in nearly a decade.

I have no experience outdoors, myself, unfortunately. Hopefully that can change soon, though. ;)

Back