Minimum day length for seeds/seedlings and sexing?

crackfox

G'day all.

Any of you experienced fellas know anything about planting seedlings out before the spring equinox so the girls show sex early?
Anyone had success with this method, and was it strain dependent?
Obviously I don't want them to keep flowering, just show sex.

The idea behind this is to avoid growing plants to full size, only to discover they're male.

I'm aware of other workarounds/methods to achieve females only, just wanted pointers/experiences on this method.

Regards.. C.F.

they are a lots of factor for answer you

where do you living ?

i think a type indi will be finish to bloom and a sativa just start and re-veg alone

i never grow a full plant to see it's a male i grow it in 5 litter pot around 6 weeks the majority of the plants are show their sex i rempoting the girls and kill or remove the males.

they are a lots of factor for answer you

where do you living ?

i think a type indi will be finish to bloom and a sativa just start and re-veg alone

i never grow a full plant to see it's a male i grow it in 5 litter pot around 6 weeks the majority of the plants are show their sex i rempoting the girls and kill or remove the males.
42 deg south, Cool climate.

so it's bit like me i 'm 46north i think it will be like i say before
indy never come back to veg if you want start it under 14h of light by day that will be doing a little plant with one spliff on it is not a good idea
i do my selfe reverse bloom sometimes in in february i put a clone in my greenhouse of for doing a reverse blooming for a 8 weeks that pass easy for a full blooming

so it's bit like me i 'm 46north i think it will be like i say before
indy never come back to veg if you want start it under 14h of light by day that will be doing a little plant with one spliff on it is not a good idea
i do my selfe reverse bloom sometimes in in february i put a clone in my greenhouse of for doing a reverse blooming for a 8 weeks that pass easy for a full blooming
I was going to try and put them in their final pots/beds from the beginning. Do you find you still get big plants when you transplant at 6 weeks old?

I was going to try and put them in their final pots/beds from the beginning. Do you find you still get big plants when you transplant at 6 weeks old?

i not planting directly in the soil because the plant become to much tall

if you star your seeds in november equal may for me
you will see the plant sex around early december plant in the soil the girl and kill the male
and you will finish with a tree of 4 meters

this year i have start my seeds the 4 may and i think in july the sexing will be completed

My mentor always said 12 light 12 dark. For some sativas you may need to go 11/13 dark. Usually show sex in 6 or 7 days. That is the reason I plant in pots. Easier to carry in and out. If you are going to grow outside it never hurts to know what sex you are planting.

Hey @crackfox ,I'm at 26 degrees south, I don't know if it translates to down where you are but I plant seeds at the start of the season and grow them in 200mm (5 or 6 litre) pots until they get slightly rootbound, they'll express their sex and then I transplant straight into the ground where they continue to grow. I grow sativa dominant stuff that can yield 1 or 2 pound. I start septemberish and transplant octoberish. I'm basically just repeating what @quinxstar said but I thought you might find some solace in hearing it from an aussie. That said I don't have experience growing in your area. Best of luck in the garden.

Back