Min Watt Needed per plant

Hanzde

HI as the title suggest how much watt is needed for a plant I have heard 50 better 75watts it should be min per plant
my idea would be now to save electricity just use this T5 or T8 lights for Veg and after that they get some real watt for flower.
or isn't that such a good idea?
because the internodes would be too far out because the plant stretches so much?
a mother can also be held under the T lights or? then it should work right?

THX

it all depends on yield visualised.

Think most of the strain descriptions say approximately 500g dried flower per square metre. And frequently mentioned 1gram per watt is all good... so...

if you want 500gram of dried flower and it takes 1g per watt then you might want a 500watt lamp... or 400w or 600w just because the bastards don't make a 500 hundy watter.

something like that.

you question is not clear

it's better to use 250watt for grow a plant 15 days
or lose your time 100 days on 5 watt lamp ?
my question was if u can do the veg with lets say 9w and after in flower full 600w
so if I have understood this correctly now, this does bring nothing because the plant grows much slower with less watt so you have to veg for longer which in the end brings no savings

you question is not clear

it's better to use 250watt for grow a plant 15 days
or lose your time 100 days on 5 watt lamp ?
my question was if u can do the veg with lets say 9w and after in flower full 600w
so if I have understood this correctly now, this does bring nothing because the plant grows much slower with less watt so you have to veg for longer which in the end brings no savings
Yes I believe that is pretty much it . From 400w in veg to 600w in flower is close to ideal I believe . Or from 600w to 1000w. Either way about a 50 to 75%increase in light intensity would be in range for the plants so as to not stress them the first few days in flower. At least that is what I think.

Here's the lighting for my 1 metre square tents...

VEG tent
24 hours light (no chance of uninterrupted light/dark if the lights on all the time).

Week 1- 4: I veg on100w fluros at 100-150mm above tops of plants. I cant remember the name but some 'growwell' hoo haa. Enough space to start 48 small plants under that thing to get them to size for weeks 5-8.

Week 5-8: 400W Metal Halide (first 2 days or so @50% dimmed) at 600-700mm above tops of plants - I use sunlight on any sunny days.

FLOWER tent - 400W HPS
12/12 hours light/dark

Week 9-12: I get as much intense light on the ladies at this time. Can't remember where I read it (will try to find it) but pretty conclusive evidence that if you want better flower then these first 4 week of flower are the most important to get as much INTENSE light on the ladies as possible.

Week 13-16: Intense light is not so important from this stage onwards to finish the plants. I would even say that intense light at the end of flowering is not good as breaks down THC so as fanleaves start yellowing and falling off would be putting intense light on the flowers destroying THC... I put mine outside even on cloudy days is sufficient to finish the flowers well from here on but never in any rain. If they were only in a flower tent and not outside at this time I would probably go to as low as 200W HPS for the 1m2 tent.

I have learn shit loads from other people here on the forums, especially those that kept their explanations simple because im pretty simple too and no need to complicate it.

Hows your garden coming along anyway bro ? look like you had your shit together last photo i seen.

Here's to growing dank nug !

Last edited:

u need a transition with a more powerfull lamp or you will have very little plants at the end

Week 13-16: Intense light is not so important from this stage onwards to finish the plants. I would even say that intense light at the end of flowering is not good as breaks down THC so as fanleaves start yellowing and falling off would be putting intense light on the flowers destroying THC.

I'm going to call BS on myself here.... at late in 12/12 period lots of the flowers are exposed to strong sunlight and the final product is still got potent effect....
has anyone seen any reliable studies into this at all?

Back