MImedpatient's Log

log entry 23: sadness. half of my shit seedlings decided that they wanted to experience drought stress while thier sisters didnt; and died. this could be proof I do not have my root aphid problem as under control as I thought. I will be stepping up from oils to predation as a means of dealing with them. if this does not work, all my mother plants, clones, and seedlings might get hit w/ systemic pesticides and taken out of rotation for 8 months, and my veg room shall become a desert type environment, so as to force the Systemic to degrade faster via heat and transpiration.

please do not use systemic pesticides as a 1st solution people. it leads to resistance being built up over time. some of them are mutagenic to plants. Some are general insecticides, not just pesticide.

are u using bubbling buckets?
I currently grow in Pro mix or Sunshine #4(stock has been weird this past year) and I am dumping synthetic fertilizers w/ lots of microbes. I presoaked the promix I put the seedlings in w/ clonex feed solution at full strength w/ some corn oil soap and potassium silicate(oil, surfactant, emulsifier) to smother any eggs or adults in there.
once I get enough funds set aside, I am going back to big fabric pot organics all at once. and I am buying all the soil living preadtors of all sizes, I am going to culture up my own IMO collections from around the yard, neighborhood, and in the local wooded areas. I am going to buy and culture bassiana fungi. no pest shall enter my garden and be safe from predation or parastization.

the key to hydrophobic pests(and soils) are emulsifiers and surfactants. emulsifiers to make the oil and water more friendly, and the surfactant to make it hold onto the hydrophobic particles/organisms. It is why many people experience failure w/ even fresh Neem oil as a pesticide. they don't emulsify or add a surfactant.

You can also be proactive and pop nematodes that feed on anything moving in your soil.

"Kill Fruit flies, carrot root fly, onion fly, gooseberry sawfly and codling moth"
https://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/nematodes

Last edited:
You can also be proactive and pop nematodes that feed on anything moving in your soil.

"Kill Fruit flies, carrot root fly, onion fly, gooseberry sawfly and codling moth"
https://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/nematodes
As I am doing the soap, oil, w/ essential oil drenches, I am not going to add nematodes until I have switched to the arthropods. as the oils will kill the nematodes. I am not wasting money by killing the friends I pay for!

log entry 24: Shanti was right, I am unimpressed by the fastest nordles. and many of the spices are ROOTBOUND and next round clones or seeds will be flowered in 7 or 10s. the critical skunks and devils also will be getting the same treatment. I have so many wonderful terpenes and hard choices to make for revegging stumps.

entry 24 and 1/2: a few NL5 x afghan have low smell still, which means for those hunting for something low smell to adhere to smell ordinances or want to save on carbon filters can find some good shit too. devils are all kushy and wonderful, some are fruity. the critical skunks have all kinds of wonderful various citrus terpenes, the bubblegum smelling spices are developing kushy ovetones too. Honestly, tmany of these plants are scraggly and angry lookin, but that is my fault for choosing 5 gallon pots and not tailoring feed regimens for each variety. If I was growing organically they would all likely look perfect as they would be feeding how they wanted.

There are some dank kushy body odor nordles. but they are not the quickest plants from the pack. the quick ones are lower smell than the nl5 x afhgan plants that have low smell.

I am so excited.

Sounds like you’ll have some nice phenos to choose from!
too many, too many. because of what my patients like to smell and taste while they smoke, I technical don't need to find anymore types of plants. I have chem og w/ the dragon fighter. musky kushy gassiness w/ the Super Mystery! the citrus kushiness of the mac one, and the skunky NL5A's and and an onion BO Nordle to reveg,

Back