MImedpatient's Log

Murphy Oil Soap and others. Hope this helps.

🤙Mu
It does! my dad uses murphy's oil soap to clean leather furniture.
I found a systemic pesticide called permit that works for root aphids. So I know what the top of this IPM pyramid looks like. I hope that I can get this done w/ simple esential oil, oil, and soap applications like I was working with and what is suggested in that link.
depending on how intensive I have to go w/ non systemics, I may switch back to organics I can just dump an incredibly large amount of stratiolepsis scimitus mites, rove beetles, nematodes, botanigaurd(buerviania bassiana spore), and IMO and LABS collections so I can wreck all pests w/ no sprays or effort on my part. As I detest using systemics unless the situation is most dire.
it's very expensive liquid africain soap

i pay it around 3,5 euros

thank you very much for the link! I shall purchase some ASAP

EDIT: have you guys made the ginger garlic extract from the unconventional farmer website? it is straight up pesticide. It also, being made w/ alcohol and sugae, can kill baby plants

Hi, what you are looking for is potassium soap not "black soap" (which is the litteral traduction of "savon noir"). Most common soaps are made with Sodium hydroxyde, potassium soap is made with Potassium hydroxyde (as the name implies).

You will find more information on the subject on the page linked below :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insecticidal_soap

Good luck with your pests.

Hi, what you are looking for is potassium soap not "black soap" (which is the litteral traduction of "savon noir"). Most common soaps are made with Sodium hydroxyde, potassium soap is made with Potassium hydroxyde (as the name implies).

You will find more information on the subject on the page linked below :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insecticidal_soap

Good luck with your pests.
thank you so much! you have provided me with clarity.
may i provide you with some as well?

From the temple stone
Smokes the lambsbread
Through dream, sleep and in waking.
Toward the weed fields
To That which holds the worlds
Walks the Sinsemillian.
Refutes death
Remains stoned constantly
The dealer breaks the eclipse.
Backpatch.
All are stoned thereafter.
Stoned chariot ascending
Smokes the true believer.
Life complete
The dealer is my refuge.
Heavy dry weight
Hasheeshian smoked relief.
Backpatch.
Iommic life complete.

You're Welcome. I just understood something was lost in translation.

When using potassium soap I add 1 drop of dishwashing liquid (the one used when doing it by hand rather than the dishwasher machine one) for 1 liter or about a quart of a gallon. It really helps in killing pests. The water used to dilute the soap into a solution shouldn't be cold and sprayed while hot but not as hot as doing damage to your plants. This will help stress the buggers into hyperventilating while the soap solution will stop them from being able to breath resulting in suffocating, and soon dead, bugs.

As for your particular pest, and after reading the thread, I guess this soap might not be the solution your looking for regarding your problem. I will try to find what would work better and have less side effects (on your soil) when I am back.

PS : will listen when back too.

Hi,
I looked at your photo but couldn't identify the pest. One useful information to be able to identify them and therefore select the most suitable treatment would be to know the number of legs the buggers have (i.e. are they 6 legged insects or 8 legged aracnids). Do you believe them to be feeding on sap or feeding on root hairs? Have they changed (evolved, transformed) since the picture was taken? Do they live in the cubes or on one of the surfaces?

Have you tried to put Diatomeous Earth on the infested plants/roots ? It has really good properties against a broad range of pests :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth#Usage (Pest control is the 4th bullet point)
But humidity might make it less effective.

Regarding the unconventionnal farmer and the "garlic, ginger extract" Indians (from India) add both milk and cow dung and urine making it both a pesticide, a BIM solution and a soft fertilizer. But it take a bit of time to mature. (Couldn't find the video for the moment). Garlic juice alone could be a solution. I will to make some one day with Galanga(l).

On the topic of essential oils I would try Vetiver since it grows in so many different climate and I never seen any being affected by pests (the essential oil comes from the roots).

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Hi,
I looked at your photo but couldn't identify the pest. One useful information to be able to identify them and therefore select the most suitable treatment would be to know the number of legs the buggers have (i.e. are they 6 legged insects or 8 legged aracnids). Do you believe them to be feeding on sap or feeding on root hairs? Have they changed (evolved, transformed) since the picture was taken? Do they live in the cubes or on one of the surfaces?

Have you tried to put Diatomeous Earth on the infested plants/roots ? It has really good properties against a broad range of pests :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth#Usage (Pest control is the 4th bullet point)
But humidity might make it less effective.

Regarding the unconventionnal farmer and the "garlic, ginger extract" Indians (from India) add both milk and cow dung and urine making it both a pesticide, a BIM solution and a soft fertilizer. But it take a bit of time to mature. (Couldn't find the video for the moment). Garlic juice alone could be a solution. I will to make some one day with Galanga(l).

On the topic of essential oils I would try Vetiver since it grows in so many different climate and I never seen any being affected by pests (the essential oil comes from the roots).

Hope that helps. Good luck.
they are root aphids, I poked them and they moved, and one was big enough to identify aphid face bits. they have gotten to the winged stage, and They look similar but different to fungus gnts. fungus gnats have narrow abdomen,these have round abdomens.
the problem with DE is that I use the pots w/ holes in the bottom, so I will not be able to get a full seal.
I hate using the garlic ginger extract indoors. it makes the whole house smell like ginger garlic extract for a week. its potent murder juice though.
Fermented composted manure is not on my to make list. I have used "first of the morning after an intense night of drinking" human urine to kill nematodes on tomato roots. I shall look up vetiver!
Rosemary is an organic pesticide for root aphids apparently. specifically the rosemeric acid.
Soaps are always part of solution for pest control! figuring out which one works best for each pest is the hard part! w/o soap the essential oils would sit on the water!

OK, identification is a good start, the "winged stage" not so much. But I guess you knew that already.

FYI aphids seems to be repelled by white surfaces and aluminium ones even more. They are attracted to green and yellow (have you got yellow glue traps?). You might want to warp some aluminium where you do want them to go. Concening Vetiver it works really well but it's more suited for arachnids (ticks or mites for example), lemongrass, depending of the species, is very potent too (there is one we call Baygon, which isn't used for cooking and smells like the pesticide spray).
For your aphids I would try Gardenia, since it acts as an alarm pheromone for aphids, and spray the non-contamined aeras first. Everything containing large amounts of farsenese could be used to that effect. I might help preventing the winged ones to look for other plants and it smells really good.

DE is really an interesting material, unfortunatly I can't use it anymore due to the RH% where I live. I used to put it everywhere I couldn't clean easily (behind and below furniture, etc) as to slow any pest. Got rid of fleas that way, quite easily compared to other solution and without much risks. Now If I where to use it it would make a mess in less than a day (RH% 90%+ on dry days).

As for the soap thing you can also use some kind of aromatherapy to diffuse the essential oils (you can also do "white oils" mixtures), it's great prophylaxy. I do plant some very fragant flowers/plants to mask some less restistant ones. Plus the garden smells really nice (hedychiums are wonderfull in that aspect).

Finally, for outdoor aphids (above ground only?), planting milkweed attracts a particular specie of aphid which, in turn, will attract assassin bugs (reduviidae familly).

I hope you will win this battle. Take care of your plants and yourself.

OK, identification is a good start, the "winged stage" not so much. But I guess you knew that already.

FYI aphids seems to be repelled by white surfaces and aluminium ones even more. They are attracted to green and yellow (have you got yellow glue traps?). You might want to warp some aluminium where you do want them to go. Concening Vetiver it works really well but it's more suited for arachnids (ticks or mites for example), lemongrass, depending of the species, is very potent too (there is one we call Baygon, which isn't used for cooking and smells like the pesticide spray).
For your aphids I would try Gardenia, since it acts as an alarm pheromone for aphids, and spray the non-contamined aeras first. Everything containing large amounts of farsenese could be used to that effect. I might help preventing the winged ones to look for other plants and it smells really good.

DE is really an interesting material, unfortunatly I can't use it anymore due to the RH% where I live. I used to put it everywhere I couldn't clean easily (behind and below furniture, etc) as to slow any pest. Got rid of fleas that way, quite easily compared to other solution and without much risks. Now If I where to use it it would make a mess in less than a day (RH% 90%+ on dry days).

As for the soap thing you can also use some kind of aromatherapy to diffuse the essential oils (you can also do "white oils" mixtures), it's great prophylaxy. I do plant some very fragant flowers/plants to mask some less restistant ones. Plus the garden smells really nice (hedychiums are wonderfull in that aspect).

Finally, for outdoor aphids (above ground only?), planting milkweed attracts a particular specie of aphid which, in turn, will attract assassin bugs (reduviidae familly).

I hope you will win this battle. Take care of your plants and yourself.
I buy the full sized yellow sticky sheets, cut them to size, and hang them at soil surface level, about an inch above dirt for gnats. I will be doing the same for these. I am using some geranium oil w/ the rosemary this time., and I shall add lemongrass oil to the drenches and sprays. the last time I had mites I did a potassium silicate emulfier w/ neem oil, karanja oil, w/ jr watkins mint, thyme, and rosemary extracts, and rosemary, lemon, lemongrass, mint, thyme, cinnamon, peppermint, and gernium essential oils w/ dr bronners peppermint soap and the UCF ginger gasrlic extract.
I also used a cool mist humidifer w/ the essential oil blend in it w/ propylene glycol to make it fog. between hte sprays and that I wrecked the mites real quick.

KIS. Root infestations around here result in plants and soil being discarded. Asexual bastards multiply very quickly. Assume ID grow. Landscape fabric for the holes. Drenches can be effective. Neem and worse cases, pyrethrum. BTi in the mix. Beneficials too. Check soil for contamination and overwatering.
A lot of work. If they can be kept under control fine but I usually start over if the infestation is too great.

🤙Mu

KIS. Root infestations around here result in plants and soil being discarded. Asexual bastards multiply very quickly. Assume ID grow. Landscape fabric for the holes. Drenches can be effective. Neem and worse cases, pyrethrum. BTi in the mix. Beneficials too. Check soil for contamination and overwatering.
A lot of work. If they can be kept under control fine but I usually start over if the infestation is too great.

🤙Mu
Got too many bricks of dirt from that place to scrap and restart from fresh. drenching/ simple DIY is the goal. I am purchasing Botanigaurdspore. is a parasitic fungus that wrecks these guys/. I am ordering it this week.

I cut my finger while taking clones off the other mac mom. keep your pinky pulled in, it fucking SUCKS when you slice the meaty bit right above the nerve. this is the 5th time I have cut myself rooting clones in 11 years.
In order to avoid injury, I make my first cut with scissors, then place the cutting on a board in order to make the precise angle cut (with scalpel). Safe and has always worked for me. You don't want to be cutting yourself with a scalpel

Last edited:
IMG_0696.jpg
Mac one caps cut 3 week flush, pulled on day 77 as It is supposed to be more like the Columbian parent this way. 1st full cycle under hlg 650r start to finish. almost identical to flower finished out under single ended 1k hps air cooled hoods. these came out more purple as there was less heat than w/ the hps. my glasses are broken, so i cant read very well so I can't really edit m responses or timely read what you guys have typed! be back in a few days!

log entry 13: went through the devils, critical skunks, nl5 afghans, for males, and checked the nordles and spices for the stragglers. devil was mostly girls, critical skunk and nl5 afghan were both pretty equal. got the last few late to show pre flower males out the spice and nordle . the devil ladies all smell like exploded firecrackers,the nl5 afghans all have good smells ranging from berry niceness to mild onion funk. the critical skunks range from fruity skunk to afghan acrid body musk, nordles all still smell like generic good weed, and the spices all have some kind of bubblegum kush type smell; these are the stem rub smells btw. the stardawg ogee's by Jaws are reeking out the veg room like fruity pebbles, and are the 1st smell when the door is opened. one of the dragon fighters in flower has the bagseed og smell(generic og), bagseed chem(the common top end of the chem smell (funky not fuely), and the really nice tropical floral smell of the dragons blood.

log entry 14: I have gotten new glasses, will be getting back to everyone over the next few days in the other threads. my dad went to the hospital, he was there for 4 days, I was to anxious to sit down and read and type.

63626416318__07DF72EC-D249-415A-83CF-75E626220F37.jpg

The center plant is the Neville's Skunk F3(Musashi, this is the one that I look at and feel like I need to relearn to grow) that is super haze/sativa dominant by hazeman, I wanted more of the killer queen x blowfish freebies, so I snagged a pack of this before I remembered "Mr Nice does auctions" and now I have Five 18 packs from Shanti, and I paid a little more than I did for 1 twelve pack of these from the seed bank that came w/ 6 free seeds didn't realize the top bud is cut out, but its squat and fat. I pushed it to the wall while working. I think this plant may take 16 weeks or more. this plant likely would enjoy being topped and pruned into a shrub and grown in a larger pot.
I have no idea what those other plants are.

For those participating in the light science/metrics thread IO started, look how dense the other plants are, although a lil leafy, are getting the same light, and this is my new flower room, it has mixed hps and spider farmer sf4000 1:1 ratio of fixtures. by having the leds and hps in the same room, and moving plants around every day, I don't get to see a difference, but I am generating 25% less heat and using 25% less electricity in here. the sf4000's are the lights that got me on the white w/ far red LED bandwagon. Mixed lighting is life.

excuse the mess, I was in the process of defoliating, and excuse my lack of pruning. I like to grow plants naturally the 1st time I grow them. I am learning how to reveg stumps so I do not lose plants to my desire to grow plants unpruned/untopped.

The previously mentioned dragon fighter w/ chem/og/floral smells is ready for flush I think, lookin like an 8 weeker , another DF is also looking like a reveg candidate as untopped it has made a single forearm length cola, and the way it has branched leads me to believe it will do wonderful thinks when grown into a big ole shrub. it is lookin like a 10 weeker.

I found one of the Jaws mystery pieces #2 x super skunk plants in the flower room! It was hiding among some Dragon fighters! It has light fruity floral smells! I am thinking it will be a 9-10 week plant. the mystery pieces 2 was given to Jaws as Black cherry soda IIRC, but is not. and the super skunk he was lookin for skunk and only found fruit so used the male as he was a stud, but not the stud he wanted to keep. that i what I read about its lineage. I got them as a freebie w/ the stardawg/fruity pebbles og. It's sister was a runt That got messed up from helmet head as a baby. and is still in veg. it is a wonderful 3 branch plant w/ no apical dominance yet, bout knee high.

Speaking of the Stardawg Ogee, I am gonna root some clones off those moms in a few weeks as I have been Beating Aphids to death with thyme, rosemary, sage, geranium, and lemon grass essential oil, thyme, rosemary, sage, and mint cooking oils, karanja and neem oil(as it was already on hand, it is old, effectively no better or worse than using vegetable oil), corn oil, and unscented Palmolive super concentrate; root drenches. the green one. I Know I am an Evil monster. But I am winning this war.

Log entry 15: The day after the last time I logged in, I tried downloading Read dead redemption 2, my computer started making a burning plastic smell when I tried to start up the game. I have the offending fan unplugged, but I am getting a new computer in a few weeks. Will be getting a new fan shortly. other things needed to be bought 1st.

I am about to harvest down the bad dawg genetics dragon fighters, I have 2 stumps to reveg, a 52 day and a 63 day, I am harvesting a pair os Jaws genetics myster skunk 2 xc super skunks, I am revegging both stumps as one is mixed fruit super skunk smells, the other is musky kushy gassy type super skunk smell. the hazeman Neville's skunk f3's were definetly bred towards the herbaceous/floral smells and sativa/haze growth patterns. the quickest one will be a 13 weeker likely, and the longest may take up to 18. the most afghan skunk plant is only "afghan skunk" because it made nodes while stretching and is a proper 50/50 hybrid shrub. I am putting nordle, spice, nl5 afghan, critical skunk, and devil's all in flower this week. I am starting a pack of g13 skunk, a couple cbd amnesia's for my friend as she is tired of sleepytime indica and doesn't want psychedelic sativas; this week

to Big sur, Reading glasses don't work for me, my one eye is so bad compared to the other, that it takes going to multiple stores, and multiple hours to find matching lens shapes for cannibalizing to make a pair that works.

to Vlad, w/ the trichoderma, the hazarnium I am wrong about as a recent study shows it helps the intradices colonize better. the reesei I am still Iffy on its full necessity at seedling or clones initial rooting as it is competing for spots to attach to the roots w/ the harzarium and the mycrhizzae. and beneficial bacteria can make as many or more enzymes.

Also apparently my Palmolive wasn't unscented. it was so old it had no scent left. as my new bottle has smells.

log entry 16: the fruity and gassy mystery pieces 2 x super skunk(from here on out will be referred to as Super mystery!!) that are revegging, the flowers left on them have started to put out 3x the smells that the whole plant had now that its only 4-8 branches getting fed. like OMFG, I am gonna run quite a few clones of the gassy one in my Air conditioned room.

There was a sale at one of the local(they live in my state) seedbanks. It was 10% off, buy a pack from the breeder I chose(Jaws), get a half pack of the breeders freebies, and the owner of the seedbank also makes seeds, and tossed in a pack for every pack I paid for. and an extra pack of freebies for every X dollars spent. I got another half pack of Super Mystery!, and 2 half packs of fruity pebbles og f4 as freebies. the Indica and afghan skunks I have gotten from shanti Will pair most well with the fruity pebble og, and the super skunk in the super mystery is supposedly older. meaning when I cross it to nordle, It's gonna something special.

Speaking of something special. my goal to bring Nevil's work kept over here in the USA as heirloom type varieties w/ Shanti's work is getting more wonderful. I snagged a pack of bodhi's Kush 4 x 88g13hp. from what I understand, the kush 4 is parent to a few of Nevil's lines, and May be one of the parents of triangle kush(possibly the oldest og cut or the cutting that was selfed/hermied to make the seeds that became all the original OG kushes). but that's just some word of mouth speculation shit, don't quote me on it, I am just sharing the speculation of lineage. would be cool if it was true though. this should pair super well with the Master Kush Skunk, or The Stones.

Next year is gonna be wild. I hopefully will be starting a breeding project in January.

Keep an eye on those freebies. Seen a lot of them turn herm....oh, you didn't pay for that now did you???? sorry.........for your time and expense.
I have paid for as many hermaphrodite problems as I have gotten for free. I love the old fruity and gassy super skunk type plants, and as long as I can get it close to done, I can always send flower that is throwing some bananas in w/ the trim that is going for wax. I assume you have read ym hermaphroditic rambles post/thread. I think almost all cannabis can express hermaphroditism if we try hard enough. I have only ever had a few that hermied out under happy conditions before the trichomes finished.

Log update 17: Using my dads old laptop while I get the funds together for a new computer. my gpu did not like having only 1 intake fan on the tower.
the Dragonfighters and both Super Mystery! plants have begun to reveg. the MNS varieites are flowering wonderfully, and there is a critical skunk that is the fastest plant in the room to initiate, and it smells like beautiful lemon candy. like that's the adjective to describe the level of niceness of the smell. she is gonna get revegged,

The older Super Skunks were awesome!
I have only had them a few times, they were all fruity type tastes, but they are up there on my medicinal list. I have Aspergers, the super skunk was the 1st time I felt medicated. if from the Super Mystery! freebies I find another really nice girl, I shall breed it to nordle, because nordle is the sister/cousin to super skunk from what I understand

Back