MHI

sysadmin

From the 2015 hamper pack (but assume original 2013 stock). 12/12 germination and strong, fast growers. Been flowering for 2 weeks and pretty stretchy, just starting to sex.

And tagged in for this one as well :D

I have 2 of them in veg. One runty, one looking great. Also from the 2015 hampers packs. 3 didn't germ unfortunately :( Although I think it was a MH seedling I accidentally decapitated, not a Malawi one.
Have about 25 more of those IBL and about 20 Mango Haze regular.

So I will watch this curiously :D

Stay frosty Bro, all the best

7 females / 5 males, 3 weeks in and quite stretchy and pretty hazey looking!

mhyl.jpg

mhggghg.jpg

gsodmh.jpg

amhfh.jpg

cloyfmh.jpg

Now were talking! My absolute favorite! ;) As professorjj sez "Just too many strains on the list... " yet I keep coming back to the MH as my frame of reference. It is in constant rotation. It is the best medicine- something about the complexity. I'm excited for you brah and I will be in the cheerleader section for sure.

Shaka brah
M

Still stretching, these shots are dated a few days, since then 4x mh have been trained over to prevent lamp burn as they are very haze dom. The inbreed may have help stabilize the plants though as they look very similar, though half are taller than the others by a little. Still a very much sativa strain though the leaves have a surprisingly dark tint vs typical sativa doms. From seed these look to be on track for minimum 10+ weeks if not longer.

Dang it SA you got me breathing heavy again :D I got the Indies on deck and now I'm wanting to pop a bunch o these. Oh the confusion! I guess I will have to be content going along with your grow. I just know you are gonna rock it brah!! Shaka brah

Hazed & confused
M

Looking good! I was just saying to a friend that I wasn't as interested in the IBL as I thought (for some reason) it was going to be more squat and with an NL influence. Sweet!:)

those mangos are looking amazing, the leaves are very radial and mesmerizing. Good point about how dark they are for a sativa dom.

I feel these plants are screaming to be hybridized with some blueberry or durban or pure haze.

PRIMAL∞HAZΣ;222865 said:
...I feel these plants are screaming to be hybridized with some blueberry or durban or pure haze.

They are already hybridized brah. It is a magnificent plant standing on its own. Try it first then decide. I think you'll agree :D

Aloha
M

Update, the mhi are very sat dom, a few broke out of their training tape one night and their tops got a bit burned on the lamp (10 or so days ago). Had to move everything around a bit to train these over but after harvesting the nsk staggered plants much room was created.

So far these all look pretty similar, the buds tend to be sativa shaped and multiple, one plant has what seems to be a bit thicker development. Overall I would recommend topping these early and getting ready for some bushes! Still looks to me like 4-6 weeks to go on the flowering.

Coming along. Starting to see some resin build and pistil change on the earlier ones. Two of these are much larger than the others relative to yield so far. However my casual assesment is any pheno of the MHI could be re-run and trained to maximize potential. Not many smells yet but some definitive hazy hash smells have begun. So far very impressed by this strain. I expect another 4 weeks+-, a few may be ready in 3.

10 week flower

Entering the final phase. From seed these plants are on a a 12-15 week flower time to finish. There seem to be two main phenos, one that is a large producer of skunky/nl looking buds and a second pheno that is producing more airy, hazy like buds. All plants are very vigorous with sat dom and very stretchy. Probably the biggest observation is despite the attempt to inbreed for quicker finish, the plants are still very haze dominant on flower time. A few pictures showing the large producers then a more hazy pheno. Smells are subdued but not unusual for haze prior to finish/curing.

mhz10wk3.jpg

mhz10wk9.jpg

mhz10wk4.jpg

mhz10wk11.jpg

mhz10wk5.jpg

mhz10wk13.jpg

mhz10wk8.jpg

mhz10wk6.jpg

Nice MH

So nice. MH Possibly my all time fav but haven't gotten the IBL yet. Your's are looking sweet. This is such an enjoyable strain. I can't wait to try the (MH x Afghan Skunk)Angel's Heart.

Last edited:
Great pics SA! They express so beautifully don't they? Resistant and strong rooting, now in constant rotation. I really like the vibe of this plant. Thanks for sharin brah

Aloha
M

Yeah, it took up to about week 9 to really start seeing the differences in the phenos. I have been a bit surprised by how large aka nerf like some of the tops are. As Patrick noted last year mhi do seem to like making a top bud but they are very tall and would probably be ok if trained early via topping and screen/stakes. Will take some better pictures near harvest, right now they are all intertwined. But like I said really seems like every pheno would meet some interest, quite frankly I could re-run every one of these no problem but do see 4 or so that look really promising. Thing about most haze dom crosses is the bud does best to cure minimum 6-8 weeks before the pheno can be really appreciated. But a winner for sure whether commercial or personal.

Hiya mate. Loving your plants. But not really an '8-9 week cloner' in your exp.
Mind if I ask how tall they've got?
And did you veg at all or 12 from seed?
And are you using 2-part or 3-part ferts?
Just that I've started some, well, 6 weeks ago, looking strong, but I want to know what to expect!
Although I'll probably be flowering clones.
Thanks in advance.

hey bbd

These are from seed vs clone. From clone I think the current MHI auction description of 10-12 week flower is accurate. Can you find a 9 weeker if you run a few packs, I am sure you can. 8 would be an outlier but probably out there and more of the nl side.

I flowered these from seed and believe in vegging for 6 week minimum on any strain, For haze hybrids this can get you into trouble as they do stretch considerably. MHI tripled in size during flower if not slightly more. MHI was flowered at approx 16-18in/ 41-46cm are now 4.5ft/1.4m from soil line in large buckets. They stretch a long time as well, almost to the end I would say! They are in soil with some coco and very mild organic mix, no chemical ferts are used during vegg or flower, just fresh cold h20. Under MH the whole flower which along with soil organic tends to add to final end time. So to conclude totally doable inside but need stand up height to finish even trained.

Last edited:
Back