Medicine man: seeds vs clones

Hiya Sensi.. Everytime I have ran clones from Indica dom seed plants, the clones have always been a good week or two ahead in finishing compared to when I ran the "source" seed plants.

Yes they do in my experience, Dunno why mebbe it has to do to with the fact that the clones are more mature..

Hey all,

I am about 6 weeks into my first clone run of Med Man after finishing out the seed plants on my previous grow. It appears like the clones are going to finish much faster than the seed plants.

My seed plants were harvested at 9 weeks, but should have gone 10 weeks. I had to take them at 9 weeks because I was moving.

I know this is common for sativa's and sat dom hybrids...but what about indica dom hybrids? All the indica dominant plants I have gotten in the past have been clones...I have mostly run sativa dominant seeds in the past.

So what do you all think? Can Indica dominant clones also finish faster than the seeds plant?

Cheers all!
Sensi

Hi Sensi.

Being a part taken from the seed/mother plant and being identical in all aspect to this one included age it is true that the clone is gonna be more mature compare to the mother for this reason it will ready to start blooming faster compare to the seed/mother plant) but you have to take in mind that the clone once rooted is generally gonna have a bigger stem and leaves wich allow itself to develop faster. If done,, veg time (same amount as the mothe) on a clone will then give you bigger plants .

All the best
.Max.

Last edited:
Indica's for me have always finished faster (generally 7-14days)...the plants also are much more resinous and more potent. Whether its due to the age of the clone or the fact that one becomes familiar with the plant and gets it dialed in i'm unsure but they tend to be much froster, more trichomes and faster flower times

seems like we're in agreement that clones are faster than seed plants and i concur, and for whatever reason these same clones may be faster in hydro than other mediums? not always, but often enough where i pay attention when i see it. peace-biteme

this is a great tread

thanks for the info guys never knew about this but sure mite be one of the things i may be facing in future..:p;)

other then Thai's and sat dom plants i only see clones as faster when they were taken from a young plant , if i was to right now go down and flower my mother plant (1+ year old seed plant) and a dozen of her clones she would finish just as fast as the clones

peace :cool:

other then Thai's and sat dom plants i only see clones as faster when they were taken from a young plant , if i was to right now go down and flower my mother plant (1+ year old seed plant) and a dozen of her clones she would finish just as fast as the clones

peace :cool:

yeh, what bob said ... seedlings often take longer to go into flower because the plant itself is not yet mature enough. I see most folks going to 12/12 with seedlings in the 3 to 5 week range .... that's very early really. In a natural environment, it would usually be more like 8 to 10 weeks minimum. As a result, older seed plants however will usually flower at the same rate as clones.

Back