Medicine Man has CBG (cannabigerol)

onegreenday

Medicine Man (this sample) contains CBG (cannabigerol)
which is a proven cancer fighter.

Not many plants have CBG (mostly hemp plants) if you look
at test results.

Medicine Man as over 5% which is a good amount I suspect
to add to cancer regimens.

Low on CBD (this sample) though, so you'd want to combine
with another plant for desired cannabinoid profile.

Medicine Man (Always Organic) | Analytical 360

5.29% CBG-A
< 0.01% CBG
5.29% CBG-TOTAL
15.35% ∆9-THC-A
0.41% ∆9-THC
< 0.01% ∆8-THC
< 0.01% CBN
15.76% THC-TOTAL
0.04% CBD-A
0.11% CBD
0.15% CBD-TOTAL
0.05% CBC
0.57% ACTIVATED-TOTAL

This is cool Im sure shanti is aware of this, it would be nice to see this line worked with the cbd crew stuff.

hello fellows, Is someone from mr nice seeds staff have some thought about this medecine man CBG phenotype ? I will be happy to know the opinion of the breeder Shantibaba

Hi all

well for know, just to ad that those CBG numbers are indeed quite high...

though remember that CBG is a precursor to both THC and CBD, so at some point any plant that will produce a high number of cannabinoids will start with a high percentage of CBG... curiously enough, CBG levels are now being used as test markers for crops in as early as pre-flowering, to be used to give a fair assessment of what future levels of cannabinoids may look like post-harvest.

Im sure Shanti will be quite pleased to hear of this high CBG number...

i don't understand, isn't medicine man supposed to have lots of cbd? that's why i picked the strain... i'm kinda confused right now

no, only some phenos will have the CBD. Not sure what percent
of seeds. For example subcool at TGA seeds says 70% of his Pennywise will be high CBD.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, CBD is a precursor to THC and perhaps
the maturity determines somewhat the amount of CBD versus THC.

i don't understand, isn't medicine man supposed to have lots of cbd? that's why i picked the strain... i'm kinda confused right now

Don't most cannabis plants produce CBG? I thought it was a stem trichome cannabinoid. You harvest non flowering plants to extract it.

Since CBG is a precursor to both THC and CBD the test would lead me to believe it might have been picked prematurely. Later the profile would likely contain less CBG but more of the THC and/or CBD. :)

my mistake. I've been reading so many test results, I forgot this test had the high CBG. So this is good info if you want CBG (cancer fighter).
More on CBG: Testing of industrial hemp has found much higher levels of cannabigerol (CBG) than most strains of cannabis. Further studies have shown that this phenomenon may be due to a recessive gene. It is believed that the gene keeps the plant from producing one of the cannabinoid synthases (what converts CBGA to one of the major branches).
While most strains of cannabis are less than 10% CBG, industrial hemp strains test much higher. They have been tested as high as 94% CBG with as low as 0.001% THC.

Since CBG is a precursor to both THC and CBD the test would lead me to believe it might have been picked prematurely. Later the profile would likely contain less CBG but more of the THC and/or CBD. :)

My Medicine Man test results...

cbga 0.43
cbg 0.00

cbda 0.05
cbd 0.00

thca 18.49
thc 0.28

Back