Medicine man grow journal(also g13 skunk)

professorchaos

hows it going folks

was in 2 minds about posting online but decided to go ahead with the journal because i was going to keep records anyway but at least this way i get a bit of feedback and can ask for help when or if the shit hits the fan lol

im currently growing 3 x medicine man and 3 x g13 skunk in biobizz light mix soil, but im also germinating black widow NL5*afghan and super silver haze

i will be transplanting them into much larger containers with biobizz heavy soil mix when i finish vegging , it has an ec of 2.4 with all the neccessary nutrients so they should be ok

im also supplementing them with 1/4 strength nutrients, using atami organic range ive also got big bud for flowering...and some clonex for the clones

i know alot of people are against the use of mainstream organics coz of the marketing and money involved and from some of the posts ive read( other sites) the prejudice borders on hatred which i also dont understand coz the hatred is generally towards the people who use it rather then the companies who market it..

fuck it though, im not in a position to make my own and ive got the cash so why not..

ive also purchased 2 240watt LED lights which should take care of the heat issue and reduce the monthly electricity bill, at the moment im using a 400 watt hps bulb not ideal for vegging but its doing a far better job then the 250 watt blue spectrum CFL bulb i was using initially,which i think added a week to the vegging stage because of the poor growth during that week,ive also got a fan and carbon filter hooked up,but the fan is very loud so i only have it on when im at work

i had a fair bit of money saved over the course of a few months which i had set aside to invest in my next grow so after using a non discreet 2 meter x 1.2 meter tent for my last grow i decided to invest in a stealthier product,one that when you bring a bird home with you dosnt have her turn around to you and say "you must really like camping",
i have nothing bad to say about the product im actually genuinely happy with it very discreet air tight light tight etc.., but the company were dreadful im not going to go on a rant bitching about them all ill say was that the least of my problems with them was that it was 8 weeks late

i have a 15MP camera and ill post a load of pics just as soon as i find the bloody USB cable lol

anyway thanks for dropping by and hope you enjoy the show...

cheers for the reply guys , as promised i have a few pictures...

the 2 LED lights i bought came the other day, was well pleased untill i realised that 1 of them was faulty, something wrong with the pins that fit into the plug, i was able to get it working but the cable had to be held in a certain angle so i decided to send that one back,

a bit of a pain in the ass but they seem to be taking to the 240watt LED light as good if not better then the 400 watt hps and the problem with heat is gone...

Attachments

• summer 2010 + march 2011 433.JPG
    summer 2010 + march 2011 433.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 35
i was only able to upload 1 picture with my post for some reason tried to upload more but only 1 is being displayed, anyway ive uploaded 5 or 6 more to my gallery...

cheers

hows it going

since my last post i have moved 3 of the medicine men into 10 litre pots in soil with an ec of 2.4 they seem to be enjoying themselves and after a stunted growth for a day or two and a slight yellowing of the leaves they look to be back on track,currently feeding them with quarter strength nutes but will probably increase the feeding to half strength next week

unfortunately im running out of space fast, but before i can progress with the other strains i have to wait until i get the replacement LED then i will be able transfer the others to bigger pots, ill then have 2 chambers 1 above and 1 below which should do the trick

im also going to be taking clones from the strains i have going at the moment and moving them to my brothers house for safe keeping, so ill be able to take cuttings when ever i want,

anyway take her handy

enjoy

oh yeah meant to say it last time any inputs greatly appreciated, im still a noob at this so any sort of consrtuctive criticism or ideas will be a great help

cheers

Attachments

• march 001.JPG
    march 001.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 22
  • march 002.JPG
    march 002.JPG
    373.7 KB · Views: 17
  • march 003.JPG
    march 003.JPG
    352.9 KB · Views: 14
  • march 004.JPG
    march 004.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 11
  • march 005.JPG
    march 005.JPG
    306.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
hi

just a quick question , ive notived that the leaves closest to the light the ones at the top are starting to yellow or lighten in colour

i dont think its nitrogen deficiency because the other leaves that are more sheltered from the light seem to have a very healthy green colour,but then again i am a noob so i could be wrong

ive looked over led journals from other sites as well and have only heard of bleaching from the light, but there wasnt any explanations for it

any possible diagnosis would be appreciated?

cheers

Hi Prof and Elmer,

I don't think it is a nutrient deficiency that has to be put in relation with the fertilizer he uses.

Those are complete nutrient fertilizers so as long as you have a good ph and ec it should go fine..

Now maybe you problem comes from the way you water your plants.

Could you describe it please...

Peace.

K.

thanks elmer bud and kashrocks for the reply

i looked at the chart you gave me elmer and the closest picture would be advanced nitrogen defiecency...

and as for my watering regime , i dont have any sort of moisture measurement so id gauge by the weight when i lift the pots but also by just lifting up the top layer of soil to see if the sub surface layers are still damp

as for the amount, i was giving about 220-250ml every other day which seemed to be fine in the smaller pots, and about 300+ in the bigger pots but that might be once every 3 days depending on how thirsty or how hot the cabinet was getting

initially with the hps light the heat was a big problem it was getting up to 35 degrees in some cases so they were drinking a lot

there sleeping at the moment so ill leave it till tommorrow to post a few pictures under natural light but thanks for the input

G`day Longhorn,Kash
Good point Kash .
It is more likely PH or drainage issues if all else is in order.

Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .

Might be a manganese def.

It's like a disco in there with the purple tinted pics.
A friend of mine did a grow with LEDs and he and I were both impressed with the output.

output meaning end results.

Last edited:
hows it going folks

was in 2 minds about posting online but decided to go ahead with the journal because i was going to keep records anyway but at least this way i get a bit of feedback and can ask for help when or if the shit hits the fan lol

im currently growing 3 x medicine man and 3 x g13 skunk in biobizz light mix soil, but im also germinating black widow NL5*afghan and super silver haze

i will be transplanting them into much larger containers with biobizz heavy soil mix when i finish vegging , it has an ec of 2.4 with all the neccessary nutrients so they should be ok

im also supplementing them with 1/4 strength nutrients, using atami organic range ive also got big bud for flowering...and some clonex for the clones

i know alot of people are against the use of mainstream organics coz of the marketing and money involved and from some of the posts ive read( other sites) the prejudice borders on hatred which i also dont understand coz the hatred is generally towards the people who use it rather then the companies who market it..

fuck it though, im not in a position to make my own and ive got the cash so why not..

ive also purchased 2 240watt LED lights which should take care of the heat issue and reduce the monthly electricity bill, at the moment im using a 400 watt hps bulb not ideal for vegging but its doing a far better job then the 250 watt blue spectrum CFL bulb i was using initially,which i think added a week to the vegging stage because of the poor growth during that week,ive also got a fan and carbon filter hooked up,but the fan is very loud so i only have it on when im at work

i had a fair bit of money saved over the course of a few months which i had set aside to invest in my next grow so after using a non discreet 2 meter x 1.2 meter tent for my last grow i decided to invest in a stealthier product,one that when you bring a bird home with you dosnt have her turn around to you and say "you must really like camping",
i have nothing bad to say about the product im actually genuinely happy with it very discreet air tight light tight etc.., but the company were dreadful im not going to go on a rant bitching about them all ill say was that the least of my problems with them was that it was 8 weeks late

i have a 15MP camera and ill post a load of pics just as soon as i find the bloody USB cable lol

anyway thanks for dropping by and hope you enjoy the show...

Hi professorchaos,
What LED units have you purchased? I've got A Stealth Grow SG 602, I'm impressed with it. I want to get another light but I think I would get a GLH model. There's quite a few folks on the 420 mag forum using them and the results look impressive. Quite a few people have commented that the finished result is a bit more potent and in general higher quality. Time will tell and truly reveal what is etc. The good models hold their own now that's for sure.

Cern

Last edited:
hi guys thanks for the input ,much appreciated

ive checked the ph of the water and of the water with nutrients and the PH seems to be normal in or around the 6 mark,i do have to adjust the water with ph adjusters because the water in my area is 7.5ph ,the ec seems alright as well

i have 5 litre containers that i fill with tap water and label depending on whats in them so , like quarter strength nutes or half strength or just ph adjusted water

ive posted a few pics so you can take a look for yourselves and see what you think

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    263.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi professorchaos,
What LED units have you purchased? I've got A Stealth Grow SG 602, I'm impressed with it. I want to get another light but I think I would get a GLH model. There's quite a few folks on the 420 mag forum using them and the results look impressive. Quite a few people have commented that the finished result is a bit more potent and in general higher quality. Time will tell and truly reveal what is etc. The good models hold their own now that's for sure.

Cern

hi cernunnos

yea i looked up those LEDs you have they look pretty slick, im using easygrow leds they are 3 watt 6 spectrum bulbs, at the moment i only have 1 240watter i had to send the other one back because the plug was faulty,not a very encouraging start but theyve gradually instilled confidence

i was a bit apprehensive at first having used hps and mh in my last grow , with all the heat and noise from them it was hard to accept that an LED which is reasonably quiet and produces very little heat would be as effective as MH or HPS, but ive been pleasantly surprised with the results so far, i just hope its as effective when it comes to bud production as it is in vegatitive stage

strange, the leaves curl seems to indicate deficiency ph

just after checking the PH of the half strength container and it was as low as 5.5?

although i havnt used this container in nearly a week do you think this would account for the yellow leaves as well as the curled ones?

Last edited:
Back