MangoHz

Anyone tried using vertical bulbs with stretchy sats?
you can grow from floor to cieling, and no loss of light from top to bottom of plant! A more homogeneous yield throughout the plant height.
I try and base all my grows around vertical lighting.
Peace
BL

Damn nice photos l33t, I gotta pick up a macro lens. Lens reversal is fun but a big pain in the ass to get any kind of depth of field. Although I suppose a trichome is pretty small anyways.

I don't mean to resurrect a dead conversation but I had a thought while reading this thread.

If we assume that full sunlight creates better resin production and affects the high created by the buds, as proposed by grover and many others, what effect would LED grow lights have on the characteristics of the high?

I'm no expert on LED lights, but from what I've read they only output light in 4-5 different wavelengths, one common brand uses these: 440nm, 470nm, 640nm, 660nm, 740nm.

HPS lights and MH lights output a more varied range of spectrums, so would that increase the resin production and therefore quality of the bud over bud grown by LEDs?

Recently LED lights have made big advances as far as yield is concerned, some even say they have caught up or exceeded when compared gram per watt with HPS lighting. But is the quality reduced?

hi all
Damn nice photos l33t, I gotta pick up a macro lens. Lens reversal is fun but a big pain in the ass to get any kind of depth of field. Although I suppose a trichome is pretty small anyways.

I don't mean to resurrect a dead conversation but I had a thought while reading this thread.

If we assume that full sunlight creates better resin production and affects the high created by the buds, as proposed by grover and many others, what effect would LED grow lights have on the characteristics of the high?

I'm no expert on LED lights, but from what I've read they only output light in 4-5 different wavelengths, one common brand uses these: 440nm, 470nm, 640nm, 660nm, 740nm.

HPS lights and MH lights output a more varied range of spectrums, so would that increase the resin production and therefore quality of the bud over bud grown by LEDs?

Recently LED lights have made big advances as far as yield is concerned, some even say they have caught up or exceeded when compared gram per watt with HPS lighting. But is the quality reduced?

Hi SmokeOn

LEDs come in all sorts of wavelengths not only the few you mentioned.

Actually..its easier to use LEDs to create the perfect spectrum as you can avoid using less efficient areas of the spectrum or use less wattage for that area of the spectrum.

Problem is the curently sold LED Grow lights lack penetration no matter which unit you use and are good mostly for small growrooms like cabinets/tents.

The LED grow units are expensive to buy so initial cost can be insane for growers that want to use a lot of KW of electricity and produce a lot of bud.So its not an option for growers that go big.

LEDs are best for small grows where space and heat are an issue but thats it , current LED growlight technology does not allow LED Growlight units to be used for 1k hps/mh replacements but the small units can compete well with low wattage HPS/MH (75-400w) and they are cost effective in the long run as well as they use less electricity wattage to produce light that gives equal results , plus need less often to be replaced.

As far as quality goes , plants need good strong light to perform best so LEDs are not good unless you grow a shallow canopy(small plants). HIDs can grow big tall plants and manage to light the plants well from top to bottom.

So even if the LEDs may have better spectrum than HPS or MH , MH+HPS still gives great results and does have the intensity nessesary to grow very potent sativas , and nice and big something impossible with LEDs.

Outdoor bud may be a little bit better than indoor but if you things right you can get the indoor bud quality up and get pretty similar results and experience no potency loss at least any noticable loss..

Last edited:
Flouros

L33t... I have just fiished reading your thread on MH and wanted to thank you for always being very informative on a genetics potential.

Last edited:
L33t... I have just fiished reading your thread on MH and wanted to thank you for always being very informative on a genetics potential. This is a genetic that I want, but my existing AFx HZ female I have is all I have ever wanted when it comes to smoke. When MH first came out I remember a girl in a picture that was very, very full outside, and was enormous in the looks department outside with many spiral buds. Have you seen this characteristic with any of your girls from seed? This picture I am referring to was a GIANT round Beauty that inspired me for this genetic to have. I also wanted to warn you about FLUOROS while away from your hobby as a safe alternative from using Halides or HPS. These COOL fluros can catch on fire at the bottoms of the element, and you should be very cautious using them. Make sure if you go away for awhile that your tent is Fire proof! or you will burn your house down. Please make sure the Fluoros used are NOT FROM CHINA!!! These cheap bulbs are a MAJOR fire hazard. Use the Best Fluoros you can buy, and made in AMERICA to be safe. Your thread is AWESOME as usual. peace,and stay safe. resinbud ;)

Heh and I actually thought Fluorescent lights were the safe route! I'm using Spectralux T5 bulbs, know anything about them?

Also L33t amazingly beautiful plants, you make it hard to choose between SSH and Mango Haze :( I think I need both now lol

Last edited:
Fluro Hazards

ouchie... The fluoros I am referring to are the ones you can buy in bullk form, and usually comes in four packs. I like using the GE fluoros that have 2700 lumens per bulb. They are forty two watt bulbs that give you 120 watts of power. The elements from China at the element crack easy at the start of the spiral, and Fire comes out of the crack like an infernal. The bulb you have mentioned you have is probably safe as long as it isn't made by a four year old on the assembly line in China. Pay more and you should be fine. I actually saw these cheap fluoros catch on fire, and it wasn't COOL it was Blue Green furry orange red flames coming out the bottom with a vengence for destruction I assure you. Use a Metal hood with them with a non flammable protected roof. They also can explode so make sure the floor is fire proof as well. As long as they aren't from china the fluoros are safe to use. peace, resinbud ;)

Last edited:
ouchie... The fluoros I am refrring to are the ones you can buy in bullk form, and usually comes in four packs. I like using the GE fluoros that have 2700 lumens per bulb. They are forty two watt bulbs that give you 120 watts of power. The elements from China at the element crack easy at the start of the spiral, and Fire comes out of the crack like an infernal. The bulb you have mentioned you have is probably safe as long as it isn't made by a four year old on the assembly lina in China. Pay more and you should be fine. I actually saw these cheap fluoros catch on fire, and it wasn't COOL it was Blue Green furry orange red flames coming out the bottom with a vengence for distruction I assure you. Use a Metal hood with them with a non flammable protected roof. They also can explode so make sure the floor is fire proof as well. As long as they aren't from china the fluoros are safe to use. peace, resinbud ;)

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah I definitely didn't go the cheap route on my bulbs, so I think I should be fine. I really wish my area could be fire proof, sadly that's just not an option for me. Sucks, so I try to be as careful as possible.

allo the name is vry i read about the grow stages of your mango haze thing is wwhy did u not show any of the mango dominate plants? i see one in the back ground on some of your pictures though. i'm sure the hashish high is nice but nothing can compete with the sativa zap. i'm sure it's a heart stopper!
good thing u had two 600 going at the plants they would have yielded nothing compared to 250-400 watts

Mango Haze Rocks!!!

I'm in love with this plant as well. For a sativa leaning hybrid it is very easy to deal with. Even with really low-wattage set-ups I believe you can get good results. L33t thanks so much for your comprehensive reports. You Rock as well! Cheers, Hop Head:cool:

Good to hear, makes me wanting this even more! An easy-to-grow sativa. Looks so great... Been wanting to buy this for years now. Some day.... :)

Yea L33t got skills! Green thumb :D

An easy-to-grow sativa
It's not strictly speaking sativa, although it is sativa dominant. If you haven't got this one in your fridge for a rainy day, get it. If either parent dies, you won't see this one again. Has anyone grown it outdoors?
N.

It's not strictly speaking sativa, although it is sativa dominant. If you haven't got this one in your fridge for a rainy day, get it. If either parent dies, you won't see this one again. Has anyone grown it outdoors?
N.

thats all ive been thinking since your revelation of the nl5haze

i believe L33T did MH outdoor ,hopfully he'll pop in

1luvbigherb

I think these are both Mango Haze from MNS. They are still in stress from the transplant and going under sodium.

At least one of them will be going outdoors. Cali Sun. I just picked the last of my haze outdoor for 2010, its real purple. I will be taking clones from all Haze and Sativas before throwing them into bud.

N.

Yea, can see there Skunk and NL in it. Can't do much better nowadays, right? Unless you want those 18+ weeks ladies. Happy to try those one day. Tho ACE and HHF from BCO has those Panamas, Columbians, Mexicans and so on....
And will get Mango as soon as some money is leftover, whenever that'll be. Can't let her go... Mustn't!

Outdoor 70 day pheno from a guy at ICMag:

8190Mango_Haze_10_20_08_II.jpg

8190Mango_Haze_10_20_08_I.jpg

8190mango_Haze_10_20_08_close_up.jpg

Last edited:
Back