MangoHz x HzAC test grow

Day 3

6 out of 9 popped up on Sept 1st .. the other 3 were put in a paper towel for 24hrs but they didn't germinate so I stuck them in me mouth and cracked each one. The first one slipped out of my hands and was lost but the other 2 were placed back in the coco and sprouted over night. Maybe i'll try soaking for 36hrs instead of 24 next time.

mhzac_d3.jpg

Day 3

6 out of 9 popped up on Sept 1st .. the other 3 were put in a paper towel for 24hrs but they didn't germinate so I stuck them in me mouth and cracked each one. The first one slipped out of my hands and was lost but the other 2 were placed back in the coco and sprouted over night. Maybe i'll try soaking for 36hrs instead of 24 next time.

View attachment 64220
So far to me they are vigorous in growth compared to critical mass started at the same time .

Day 5 - First feed with nutes

nutrient breakdown is as follows...

tap water .215ec
5-12-26 @ 1.8g/gal .560ec (25ppm N, 24ppm P, 108ppm K, 30ppm Mg, 40ppm S)
MgSO4 @ 1.2g/gal .115ec (30ppm Mg, 40ppm S)
Cal Nit @ 2.0g/gal .532ec (120ppm N, 90ppm Cal)

ph @ 6.0

MHzAC_d5.jpg

Day 39

Fairly certain I have 5 females 2 males but i'm not 100%. Moved the females to 1 gal square pots and will take clones soon for the flowering run/mom plants. I'll also start flowering the male seed plants after their clones are taken so I have enough pollen when the ladies are ready.

MHzAC1_d39.jpgMHzAC2_d39.jpg
MHzAC3_d39.jpgMHzAC4_d39.jpg

The pics don't do it justice but there are some gnarly 45 degree angles on some of the secondary branches. Also, nothing too noticeable on the ol' stem rub unfortunately.

Not much happening atm.. just waiting to for some of the slower growers to recover from low ph substrate issues. The two bigger females never skipped a beat but almost all the others were slowed/stunted.

I'm feeding them 5ml calmag and 1.6g/gal Jack's 5-12-26 in RO water. The ec is 1.1-1.2 and ph is 6.0

MHzAC1_d44.jpg

And the 2 males
MHzAC2_d44.jpg
MHzAC3_d44.jpg

Took 4 cuttings from each plant today and put the mothers/fathers into flower.. 99% sure I have 5 females and 2 males but I want to be sure.

The females will be culled and the males will continue on for pollen collection. Once rooted i'll pick 6 for the flowering tent and 1 each for backups.

I plan on keeping the males around to pollenate Ortega ladies which will be the crop following this one.

MHzAC1_cut.jpg
MHzAC2_cut.jpg

MHzAC_cut1.jpg

This is what they are being fed

Jacks321wSi.png

The potassium silicate is added in powder form per gallon and helps raise my ph to about 6.6 after the Jacks is added... without it my ph would be 4.6/7. I then drop it to 5.8-6.0

I made 250ml of A (calnit) and B (JacksEpsom) solution of the above and feed @ 4ml/liter.

Last edited:
Hello @zagros_s,
When you culled your seed mother did you pay attention to how they smelled?
Interested to hear.

I also have a similar style of yours, I prefer to grow clones of more sativa plants, stretch is less and they flower a bit quicker.
When I cull the moms after the clones have rooted I gently rub the newest growth tips between my fingers to detect early smells.

Greetings.

Hello @zagros_s,
When you culled your seed mother did you pay attention to how they smelled?
Interested to hear.

I also have a similar style of yours, I prefer to grow clones of more sativa plants, stretch is less and they flower a bit quicker.
When I cull the moms after the clones have rooted I gently rub the newest growth tips between my fingers to detect early smells.

Greetings.

Only 1 female has/had stem rub odor (#1) and it's kinda on the spicey/incensey spectrum.

Back