Mango Widow vs La Niña for migraine?

HazedNConfused

My migraines have begun again after a decade of remission. I read White Widow was good for treating symptoms. Took a 50 mg edibles out of the last of my White Widow (Dutch Passion) and the relief was COMPLETE -- better than I've ever gotten from OTC pain relievers, Topiramate, or triptans!! I also had a Mango Smile edible (Mango Haze x Toof Decay), but it only provided partial relief.

I've failed to score a Black Widow or G13xWidow win, but La Niña looks interesting, and I do have a straw of MW. Plus I'm absolutely dying to pop more of these MNS seeds and this is a solid excuse! If something outside the Widow family works I'd love to hear it as well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been meaning to make some salves and will definitely give those EOs a try.
I actually have an NL5/Afghan in late veg now. If it helps with migraines on top of sleep I'll be pretty pleased. I don't have CBD-Nordle, but I have a straw of CBD Divine. Not sure how I missed Medicine Man, but I'll put it on my radar for sure.

Last edited:
Hello HazedNConfused,

I don't want to rock the boat (because I sure don't want my boat to be rockin' [B.M.]) but I had the same experience as you with the White Widow from Dutch Passion (DP). We still grow it today for all clients who suffer with migraine and cluster headaches.
If I remember correctly, when Scott was breeding @ Greenhouse and created White Widow, some seeds were distributed to other seedbanks. I assume DP received some and kept the regular ones - the ones that work! I still think it's a viable option outside of the lineup of cultivars from Mr. Nice.
The other one we find to work very well for the stated condition is B.C. Big Bud. Now known as Critical Mass. I would try that too and a few others. Suggestions from me will be all of the "white" cultivars such as Black Widow, Medicine Man, La Nina and Shark Shock. Mango Widow, Critical Widow, G13 Widow, Nordle, Afghan Haze, ASH and a few others have received good feedback.
I always found, especially with the DP White Widow, choose phenos that are slightly sativa dominant.

Hope that helps 🙂

Peace be with you 🙏

Let love rule and get high 😎 [Lenny Kravitz]

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ☮ [Jimi Hendrix]

I have Nordle, Afghan Haze, and Mango Widow from your list and will keep trying on the others. It would be nice to have options for separate daytime and night meds.

It's also interesting what you mentioned about the sativa-leaning WW pheno...that's what I got out the last time I grew it, and liked it much more than the indica-leaning phenos. I will keep a mom this time if I get it again. At least until I have some of the MNS meds for comparison.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, some day hope I can pay it forward to another patient.

Peace and happiness to you as well!

No harm in trying out the strains you do have in addition to the WW from DP :cool: I'd suggest Mango Widow.
I find that I always go for sativa leaning phenotypes (if possible) of all cultivars and try to push the terpene profile to the maximum.
The nature of working with a Medical Cannabis Collective since the mid' '80's.

Glad I could share some knowledge that you found useful for your condition :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Peace be with you 🙏

Let love rule and get high 😎 [Lenny Kravitz]

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ☮ [Jimi Hendrix]

Back