Mango Widow 2022

zagros_s

2023 Circle of Excellence
Finally getting around to starting this thread... I recently received G13Haze, Critical Skunk, Ortega and Mango Widow from successful auction bids and decided to start up the latter first.

Please bare with me as I try to transcribe my notes.

Soaked 10 seeds in distilled water on April 3rd @ 4:20pm and were then placed in a paper towel on April 4th @9:30am.

On April 5th @ 7:30am 10/10 had germinated and went into blue Solo keg cups with 100% Canna coco and placed under an HLG 65w V2 4000k led.

By 9:30pm on the 6th of April 9/10 had sprouted and the 18/6 veg cycle had begun (6am on 12am off) the 10th seed would sprout on the 7th.

All plants were watered w/ Poland Spring bottled water till the 8th when the feeding regimen began.

Feed for the next 10 days was 3g/gal 5-11-26 Hydro Special, 2g/gal YaraLiva CalciNit 15.5-0-0 and 1g/gal Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt) @ec1.7 ph6.2 (Jack's 321 w/o the Jack's)

The first batch of feed had 2ml/gal of Tribus Original added and then 1ml/gal every 7 days as per Greengene's regimen.

On the 18th of April the amounts were bumped up to 3.6g/gal - 2.4g/gal - 1.2g/gal which brought the ec up to 1.9/2.0ish and ph was lowered to 5.8

Also on the 18th ... 90% Fulvic Acid was added @ 0.8g/gal and the plants were misted w/ Agisil16h @ 1/2tsp/gal for a one time silica boost.

On the 29th all were transplanted into 100% Canna coco in 2gal fabric pots w/ Xtreme Gardening's Mykos placed in each hole and sprinkled on the roots.

They were vegged for 8 days in a 5x5 tent under an MarsHydro fce 4800 and switch to 12/12 on May 6th.
6cf54d.jpg

3 plants were culled and I was left with 6 females and 1 male. The plant in the front left is the male. Here's a top down look at him.
mangowidow1.jpg

By far my favorite plant of the 10 in appearance. The photo doesn't do it justice but there was a blue ting to the leaves since early veg. He ended up stretching 3 or 4x and was the most sativa looking of the bunch.

Pretty sure these are about 1 week after the switch to 12/12.
mangowidow2.jpg
mangowidow3.jpg

The above female was about 10 inches shorter than her sisters/brother.
mangowidow4.jpg
mangowidow5.jpg

And now for the pics taken today... day 26 of flower and day 1 of pollination (1 branch of each plant.)
mw6_day26.jpg

The plan was to run these untopped and just see what they look like but the stretch was so beastmode I had to do my best with snapping a few and throwing a screen on top. Thankfully they take to snapping EXTREMELY well.
mw09.jpg

The People's Elbow and lil bow
mw10.jpg

Two distinct scents so far.. the first reminds me of a SSH cut I was gifted in early 2000s... sickly and ridiculously sweet. Not fruity but sweet... chef's kiss. The second is maybe more citrusy with some funk in the background? It's still early days so i'm sure they aromas will develop further.
mw5_day26.jpg

So somewhere around the first week of flower I actually bought Jack's 5-12-26 and their 15-0-0 Cal Nitrate and i've been running those @ 4g/gal 5-12-26 and 2g/gal of 15-0-0 for the past week or so. If any magnesium issue develop i'll just add 1g/gal of epsom salt.

And now for the rest of the pics
mw4_day26.jpg
mw2_day26.jpeg
mw_day26.jpg

All 6 females were backed up as well as the male (Solo cup life) I put 2 to a pot because I really only need 2 cuts from each ... 1 for the next crop and 1 to repeat as a mother plant. After the clone run I will narrow it down to 1 or 2 (hopefully) and then i'll start up 10 seeds of Ortega and start the process all over.

mw_veg.jpg

And finally ... huge thank you to everyone at Mr. Nice for providing and preserving these beautiful genetics!

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks! The above pic has 4 of the 6 main tops and they're all slightly different.

Starting with the closest on the right.. this was the shortest and had the tightest internode spacing. It also didn't trigger as fast as the others. The height it's at now is with very little manipulation.. maybe bent one or two squares from vertical whereas the others are heavily trained horizontal. Smell so far is cotton candy sweetness.

Moving to the left is most developed and resinous so far. Her smell is also candy sweet but with a fruity (possibly mango/orange) undertone. My fav so far.

Slightly to the left of the above top and maybe an inch or two down is the third top.. a barely visible golf ball. This was the only plant that needed training in veg as she was a good 3 or 4 inches taller than the others. I'll probably cut a square or two and let her straighten up a bit. I just went and did a sniff test and found something interesting, well two things actually. First.. a little finger rub of the glands gave off a less sweet (but still sweetish) more funk smell. But when you get your nose into an actual bud and give a nice huff or two it kind of reminded me of salty ocean air. Never got that scent before from a plant so we'll see how it develops. Second thing I noticed is a teeny tiny nug growing on the fan leaf :)

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-tM8E41ux6ur.jpg

And finally we have Bertha. Her main is the biggest one on the left in the foreground and the two other tops in the background on the left and right are also hers. This one just wants to keep stretching and not just the main but all secondary and tertiary tops as well. She triggered the stretch with the others but bud development seems about a week or so behind everyone else. Too early to pin down a smell on her as she's just starting to get frosty.

I'll do a review of the other two in a bit.

Oh and today is day 28 of 12/12.

Day 30 and it appears there are 3 different bud structures of the 6 ladies. The first group we'll call the golf ball gang.

day30_n9.jpg

day_30n5.jpg

day_30n6.jpg

The next two are kind of similar to the above but the node spacing isn't as tight and the buds look a bit more stretched than rounded, imo.

day_30n4.jpg

day_30n7.jpg

And finally #2 aka Bertha. Just barely starting trichome production and not giving off much of a scent. She'll most likely go a week or two longer than the rest.
day_30n2.jpg

I should point out that this is my first time growing in straight coco and first time using Jack's/salt ferts so it's all kind of trial and error. I'm currently hand watering each plant 375ml starting at 8am (lights on is 6am) and then waiting till they feel a bit light and hitting them with another 375ml. I do this throughout day till I get some runoff. The feed strength is usually between 900-1000ppm and ph is 6.0. So far so good.

Cheers

Finally getting around to starting this thread... I recently received G13Haze, Critical Skunk, Ortega and Mango Widow from successful auction bids and decided to start up the latter first.

Please bare with me as I try to transcribe my notes.

Soaked 10 seeds in distilled water on April 3rd @ 4:20pm and were then placed in a paper towel on April 4th @9:30am.

On April 5th @ 7:30am 10/10 had germinated and went into blue Solo keg cups with 100% Canna coco and placed under an HLG 65w V2 4000k led.

By 9:30pm on the 6th of April 9/10 had sprouted and the 18/6 veg cycle had begun (6am on 12am off) the 10th seed would sprout on the 7th.

All plants were watered w/ Poland Spring bottled water till the 8th when the feeding regimen began.

Feed for the next 10 days was 3g/gal 5-11-26 Hydro Special, 2g/gal YaraLiva CalciNit 15.5-0-0 and 1g/gal Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt) @ec1.7 ph6.2 (Jack's 321 w/o the Jack's)

The first batch of feed had 2ml/gal of Tribus Original added and then 1ml/gal every 7 days as per Greengene's regimen.

On the 18th of April the amounts were bumped up to 3.6g/gal - 2.4g/gal - 1.2g/gal which brought the ec up to 1.9/2.0ish and ph was lowered to 5.8

Also on the 18th ... 90% Fulvic Acid was added @ 0.8g/gal and the plants were misted w/ Agisil16h @ 1/2tsp/gal for a one time silica boost.

On the 29th all were transplanted into 100% Canna coco in 2gal fabric pots w/ Xtreme Gardening's Mykos placed in each hole and sprinkled on the roots.

They were vegged for 8 days in a 5x5 tent under an MarsHydro fce 4800 and switch to 12/12 on May 6th.
View attachment 60688

3 plants were culled and I was left with 6 females and 1 male. The plant in the front left is the male. Here's a top down look at him.
View attachment 60689

By far my favorite plant of the 10 in appearance. The photo doesn't do it justice but there was a blue ting to the leaves since early veg. He ended up stretching 3 or 4x and was the most sativa looking of the bunch.

Pretty sure these are about 1 week after the switch to 12/12.
View attachment 60690
View attachment 60691

The above female was about 10 inches shorter than her sisters/brother.
View attachment 60692
View attachment 60693

And now for the pics taken today... day 26 of flower and day 1 of pollination (1 branch of each plant.)
View attachment 60694

The plan was to run these untopped and just see what they look like but the stretch was so beastmode I had to do my best with snapping a few and throwing a screen on top. Thankfully they take to snapping EXTREMELY well.
View attachment 60695

The People's Elbow and lil bow
View attachment 60696

Two distinct scents so far.. the first reminds me of a SSH cut I was gifted in early 2000s... sickly and ridiculously sweet. Not fruity but sweet... chef's kiss. The second is maybe more citrusy with some funk in the background? It's still early days so i'm sure they aromas will develop further.
View attachment 60697
The People’s Elbow.. 😂 I actually laughed out loud here at work. Love it! Great grow so far. Also your flowering buds are only a week or so ahead of my Shark Shock / Mango Haze and they’re crushing them in size! Very nice work 😊

Back