Ev'ry one we meet.
Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
And people say we monkey around.
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down.

Aloha nui loa,
M

Glad I could make you guys :D

Been smoking the Lanina from offsite & it's veeerrrryyyy innnnterrrrestinnng. It's lightly seeded (2-3 seeds a gram on some smalls, very few seeds in teh tops I've cracked open), so there's that. It had fat ass buds that dried with weight. Smells GREAT - Spicy fruit candy/bakery. Lots of resin & fatty bracts. The herb was stuffed into a tote & sealed with duct tape immediately on chop for 2 hours, so there's that, too. It looks no worse fo the wear, the just-shy-of-a-half-pound sack looks as nice as the ~QP LaNinas done here & scrogged. Smokes fine, leaves a spicy pleasentness in the air on afterburn. However, the simple feed program in a simple soil may have cost her depth to the high. It hits hard right away then trails off noticeably after 40 min. I like it, but more for the flavor than the experience. I didn;t give this one #'s, because it wasn;t grown in the same setup as the rest & as we all know, environment can make all the difference ;)

I'll do a smoke report on the #5 LaNina soon & I ordered a lil tripod for dry bud shots that should be here in a week or so.

Ok, sorry I'm slacking on finishing up this thread with smoke reports & budshots. Tripod came the other day so I caaaaaan take pics, but I'm in a cluster headache cycle, so my days are full of real hot water & NSAID hangovers lately. Pics will happen.

Lanina #5 went 67-68 days & was fully ripe. Grown in position "8" on a computer keypad in the 9 plant grid. Nitrogen sensitive on flip, big nodes between flower sites filled in with big chunky buds. Bright green with pale hairs & hella chunky as they say :p Best yielding Lanina @ 126g & took a good bit of samples as she was chunky early. Ripened a bit slowly so finished with her sisters. 40g trim.

Nug smell - 1. Lemon, 2. Melon (creamy tangerine??), 3. Hairspray/paint. Pretty loud, but the chemical nature is only present when you break up a bud, so the smell is contained by a jar. Cuts thru a baggie & creeps thru a turkey bag. Different & smells potent, but not super special. 7/10

Nug look - Big fat tubular buds with large light green bracts & paleish hairs. Mostly white resin. Nugs as big as the #3 if not bigger with "nice" density. Not rock solid, but breaking up takes care and/or a grinder. 8/10

Nug feel/burn - I really like the bud structure on this plant. Breaks up like a dream (Blue dream, actually, haha). Can be crumbled by hand but then I have to work the resin off of my fingers. 8/10

Smoke taste - Tastes like creamy melons & hairspray on unlut pull thru a joint. Lit it's creamy lemons & tastes great till the end. In the air it's 'good' pot on afterburn. 7/10 - again, bonus points for uniqueness & bag appeal, but not wildly resinous or inviting, IMO.

Smoke effect - I think it hits pretty hard, not like Cali clone hard, but not a weak smoke. I have a med patient who has a gut issue & smokes an oz every 4-5days. He called me up 30 min after getting some of this & hinted he wanted a refund or a trade. Not a good look for what I thought was very well grown & processed pot. Guy loved LaNina #1. I think they even got some of the weak ass #3, too. Anyway, I think it's buzzy & strong upfront & as it fades, it clarifies. Smoking a lot will make me high as hell, but I come down kinda quick, 30-45 min & I'm looking to smoke again if I've been smoking all day. Little to no burn out, & my girl likes it so I take jars of this & the offsite LN on the road. 6/10 & I banged her down a peg because of the rejection I felt when guy wanted his donation back lol.

LaNina Wrapup.

LN #1 - Very good smoke, viney plant would do great in a vert bush setup. Most sativa LN & after full cure is probably the best tasting pot I have, IMO. Only scraps left & it's headsmoke. I didn;t keep a cut because I'm stupid & misjudged her to be a very long flower & low yielding plant. Starfishisses don't have brains.

LN #2 - Best bag appeal of the bunch and the only thing leaning towards the berry/coffee family of smells. Only scraps left & I cut it out because reports came back that patients built a tolerance to it quickly.

LN #3 - Big yielding, lemony dud of a smoke. None left & I killed the clone.

LN #4 - Head knocking smoke, hopefully the clone produces better structured buds than did the seedplant. Still have a clone.

LN #5 - Commercial type plant for sure. Great bag appeal, big nuggets & probably could have been taken a week earlier with no loss in bag appeal. Decently stinky & funky & citrussy. Not anything special in the high department. Killed it.

So for clones, I have the LN #4 from my run & 3 plants from offsite labled LaNina. It's possible one of them could be an MK/SK. I didn't even get to sample the 2 that I didn't take, but one of them was on that hawaiian punch jolly rancher tip, the one I took is very complex with garlic & pine coming thru on cure & I forget the 3rd one :p Gonna run them all from clone in a similar setup (1k parabolic scrog) very soon & choose a keeper maybe. the offsite plant tastes & smells great, it just is nothing special to smoke. I'm wondering if I can make it special :)

Up next...

MANGO!!! (sort of...)

MANGO!!! (sort of...)

Good stuff Patrick. I'm tryin to get up the nerve to do a thread on Angel's Breath. Your posts are the perfect template :D

Seems I've been making a lot of rookie moves lately... or maybe its that dang La Nina. LOL. Launched a bunch of Mango, Mango IBL, NHMango, Afghan Haze the other day; labeled and laid out nicely on a plate, I forgot to cover. Proceeded to water only to realize I forgot the top papertowel. Yep all seeds pooled in the middle of the plate. *&^$#@**! Life has certainly not been boring these past several weeks. Or maybe I just need to get shit done before spliffin. hahaha. Did get a new hood- Sunlight Supply Blockbuster. Wow! Much more light coverage with a 25x25 hood! Think I'll get another one as a backup wink wink.

Aloha nui braddahs
M

Damn, mu. Good luck with your hazey mixed grow! There are worse problems to have than giant hoods & aggressively stretching plants ;) I'm really feeling these parabolics with 4k halides. Spoiler alert, I did close to 920g from this run (no, I'm not counting the 7+oz from offsite, lol) & if I had double screened, I'm sure I would have gotten to a grammawatt. However, if I had held them upright, the hazes may have burst thru the roof of the 6'7" tent :p

Yo JACK :) I picked LaNina because it's easy to grow, the buds usually have decent market value & there are a decent % of killer plants in there. I was expecting a little more sativa from my plants, but in the end it worked out well doing them at 10-11 weeks & mangoes at 11-13 weeks. Also, I've yet to see a male flower on a female LaNina plant, & I'm deathly afraid of big herms. I picked the Mango because I thought it would be very close to SSH & have similar grow qualities as lanina (easy, buds with high bag appeal, chance to find a standout). Mango ran a lil bigger, longer & looser than I was expecting as a whole. I did get one fast Mango inbred plant that I like & kept a clone & will be doing a smoke report on soon. Got a couple clones of that Mango at 5 weeks and a few days now & they are shining!! :cool:

Mango Hz inbred #1 went 77 days & was possibly overripe. I cut a piece ~60 days & the terps were almost 100% uptown haze, which is my holy grail plant. If you know, than you know. Anyway, I cut her according to plumpness & this grow was sort of a sloppy mess so the tops were slow to ripen. Terps changed in the last 2 weeks & there is nowhere to go from 'uptown' but down(town). Starfish got jokes. Grown in position 2 of a 9 plant grid, gave me 94g in the jar & lots of early samples cause she was delicious. I didn't write down how much trim.

Nug smell - At 4 weeks cured, the buds are musky piney & possibly perfumey behind that. Not very loud. Mom said 'forest soil', & I'm right there with her. Subtle and delicious. 8/10 If only they smelled stronger...

Nug look - Long running colas filled out fat & weighty due to running them to overtime. I think I got fatter buds, but burned off some of the gentler terps (??). Anyway, primo looking 3" 2+ gram sativa hybrid buds. Medium green, CAKED in white/amber resin, fire orange hairs, & biiiig ass bracts. Bits of color here and there. 15g+ tops. She was considerably less aggressive on stretch, so the larf didn't fill out, but what got lit exploded into awesomeness. 9/10

Nug feel/burn - Perfection. Calyxes roll off the stems & don't require crushing or molesting to roll up. Crumblin herb. A small bud gets plopped in a bowl & the stem pulled out like shucking seeds & smokes perfectly. The smell in the air? PIF. Mom says... "Smells like church". 2 weeks later she asks again "Are you burning incense?" muh'afukkin TEN

Smoke taste - Leather and pineforest and finished compost on the dry pulls. Pif when lit. I'm sorry if I keep referring to pif/uptown, but it is the gold standard for sativa for me. Smooth, easy smoking, fresh clean aftertaste. 9/10. Not a ten because it could be MOAR of the same flavor. Again, I may have run her too long.

Smoke effect - :D Oh baby. Smoked fast it's racy. It has to be high THC, I can feel the effects wash over me and settle in the arches of my starfish feet. Puffed easy it's happy, enlightening, mood elevating hazy herb. I could see bong hits of this giving casual smokers the spins/pukes. Lasts 60-90min easy. Has a bit of a daily tolerance, but the days I have it out, I smoke A LOT cause it's so damn kind. Heightens the senses & makes music & sex & nature & basketball dribbling drills better. 3 big bowl rips fueled this whole smoke report & mission to get pics. The afterburn helps on my headache days .9/10 Ten for effect is going to take a reeeeeeally special plant for me at this point ;) While I have to smoke 1/2 as much of this to get lifted as any of my other plants (LN #1 is dank & I'm not really smoking on the LN #4 much yet), it's not 1 hitter strong. Maybe the clone will be stronger or maybe I'll grow her better :p

Pics aren't great but they are something! Never liked this cam for macros, but they will get better. The bud also picked up some detritus waiting to have her pic taken, possibly bowl/joint carbon, possibly bowl resin. I cleaned 2 pipes here yesterday & that shit is nasty & sticks around. This lil bud got peeled off a cola ~ midway up & on the outside.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll get pics of a flowering clone up tonight.

Fack!!
Nice job, Pat.
That bud looks fantastic. Sorry to hear you lost some terps, but, you definitely did that girl justice.

Screw dribbling drills. It's all about throwing down a monster jam over a boat car or something, man! :rolleyes:

Stay hazed star dude!

Jake

Last edited:
Never tried jumping over a car Jake :eek: Seen Flip do it, though ;) When I was a 20something & playing volleyball competitively I could jump out the building on a wood floor. Was sorta 'that white guy' at the Y for awhile, lol. Never developed a jumper or the stamina to go up and down, just big dunks & big blocks & the occasional and1 dribble haha. Was dunking outside thru my 35th birthday & did this ~2months into 35. A few years later & I hadn't walked on a court with tight laces & a ball till a few weeks ago. Loooong winter my game is in hibernation haha.

Pistol pete homework basketball
ball handling
passing
dribbling

The shooting vid is ok, but the other 3 are uh may zing. I do the drills with headphones on a court with kids 20 years younger than me lol. Also and1 videos anytime I feel like it hahaha.

Was dunking outside thru my 35th birthday & did this ~2months into 35.

Our knees aren't designed for what we do to them. Lol.
I popped mine in a power lifting competition at a young age! Be thankful your held out as long as they did, I guess...hehe. Was your injury really like that? Coming down on it?

But seriously, knee and back injuries seem to be inevitable if any kind of athletic activity is part of one's lifestyle. Pretty soon big medicine will have robotic joints and the world will be ours again!

You considering an adult league? Those drills aren't that fun without a purpose :D
I'm considering joining one since I've been hooping again.

I miss and one mixtapes, man. They were so fun in the beginning. I may fire up the YouTube tonight...

Yeah, it went just like the video. I was playing and dunking a bit that day for almost an hour & was tired & not as strong as I could have been. I started messing with the ball & an imaginary defender way up past the top of the key. By the time weaved & spun & jump stopped & launched I was TIRED & didn't get up high enough & put the ball on the front of the rim. I was reaching to get it over the rim & pushed myself backwards. Came down moving forward on a straight left leg (launch off 2 feet, but left leg dominant so left hip closer to rim than right) & it went CRAZY backwards (maybe went 7:30-8oclock on the dial & who knows how far past vertical. My buddy saw it & said it looked like a cartoon). I tried to walk it off & it went again. All I heard was white noise. Shit was slow motion & tunnel vision for like 45 seconds.

No insurance. Murrica, stand up. Was hoping I could get some obamacare for under a hundred a month & the website said I could get a cadillac plan for like 80/mo when I got an estimate just after the injury. When I went to sigh up for real 3mo later it was over 300 for a 65% coverage plan. Fukkem, walking and squat stretches & sexmoves. Seriously think of how much squatting & light knee stretching goes into the horizontal hokey pokey. Had to SPRINT after my dogs for ~70-80 yards one day ~2 years after the injury & knee felt fine. Playing the last month a bit & I gotta be careful. No competition, I'm too competitive, lol. I will hurt myself for sure. I didn;t play up and down with the kids before the ACL because I figgured I blow a knee or tear an achillies or a quad or something. Tore both quads at 26 to try to run down a fast break haha. Limped for like 4 months. The knee had me in crutches and a post op velcro splint for 2-3mo. Had to 'good-leg' hop down stairs for like 6mo.

Now I dribble low & slow to mostly jdilla, alchemist & 9th wonder beats haha. I got sweet post/lane moves & trick shot layups too, but fukk if I'm chasing down a long jumper off the back iron haha.

EDIT - Can't discount how much growing herb helped with my knee. 5 gallon buckets take a lil finesse to drag thru the house & not spill & 2 at a time is a bit of a thing. I grew like that for almost 3 years after the injury. Less than 1 year after I worked on a 1 acre fenced farm on a 20ac property that was on a mild slope. Up and down all damn day for a month really got my leg strong. I have consciously tried to not favor it under normal conditions since it;s been stable. It started to buckle once when I tried to get tricky with a big municipal trash can like I was santa claus ~6-8mo after the blowout. No pain & I just went with it to the ground. Scary but not re-injured. I'll drop a pic of the farm off in here in a bit ;)

Last edited:
Pstar

Pat's lying...hmmm maybe not...maybe he's standing up.!...lol.

Pstar I feel for you bro. You know my injuries. I had one not within the normal back spinal issues. One similar to yours, and I tell you. My knee...DAMN made me cry like a baby. Had fluid on the knee. It was surgery level pain without the drugs to cope. That was recently...The other side when I was younger split the kneecap in three. Healed up fine as I was young then, but still 30yrs later remember the pain.

Jake Pstar stay healthy, but torch the airways...great day...Ns

Damn Pat, that's gruesome. I can't imagine the mental stress of trying to get back to life and physical stresses on a naturally repaired knee tear.

Three cheers for medical marijuana! Your knee, my back and apparently it's the only thing keeping noshow out of the grave. Lol.

I'd like to see this farm! I grow a plant or two on my future in-laws property on the planes usually, not this year though because we have our wedding planned for out there... Nothing like that farm atmosphere but it is definitely no place for a bum knee. Kudos to you dude. Keep trucking through and get your AI dribble skillz on.

Noshow- that corney ass joke was my first laugh after my evening joint. Thanks for that!

My biggest fear when I was playing football was the fractured knee cap. Friends of mine say it's a really bad pain compared to ligiment/cartilage tear and dislocation... Hang in there! Lol.

Take care my friends, I'm rolling a fresh joint now for all of our health:D

Happily hazed,
Jake

Damn show, that was my fear running thru my head once I realized I hurt myself real badly. I was soooooo happy to be able to straighten my leg & feel my kneecap in the right place & in one piece. Rather do the Brandon Rush/Jamal Crawford thing than the Shawn Livingston thing (he blew his kneecap on television in shorts - gruesome & there is no real recovery without surgery) B.Rush started the other night, & J.Crawford is my GUY. He & Big Nate held down the Knicks for a few years. Became an even bigger Crawford fan when I learned he did an acl/mcl/lcl too :D

Farm hard. I was onsite less than a week when I took these. I was running a nursery & the investor at this spot had me deliver ~$1500 worth of plants (she bought up allll my remaining stock & my partner's stock late summer of 14 & paid for a $300 uhaul to get the plants up there). She told me when we did the delivery that her gardener was a fukkup & alcoholic & in way over his head & she had close to 60k into the show already. She asked me if I would come back up & walk him off the property & try to get things right before Sept. So I did :D I whipped that farm into shape!! They were trying to hand water with sump pumps & water wands. 100something 200 gallons & a bunch of 65's in the Siskyou sun, lol. When I got there I soaked every pot (they were drying & dying - leaves starting to shrivel & die & shit) & with ~4hrs total help from the investor, it took me 16 hours the first day & almost 8 hours into the second day to get 20-30 gal of water in every pot with a hose. Got the irrigation setup, got the bracing done right (look at those cages around the smarties, waaaaay too far from the plant to provide first line breakage protection. This farm had semi regular 40+mph wind storms. Gusts strong enough to shred leaves like an old flag), got the farm smelling like sweet sweet herb, took her dep to flush & went back to my suburban life of plants & bicycles & basketballs & girls :p She didn;t appreciate the level of mental ownership I took in the farm & wans't prepared to pay me what I thought I was worth to stay on the rest of the summer. $2k/week & no backend or profit sharing doesn;t cut it for a lead gardener. Water boy maybe, but a pro needs to get paid, IMO. I was CRUSHING it up there. :D

Water tanks before I did the irrigation. (2) 2k gallons & (2) 275 totes. Was just enough to soak the garden.
picture.php

On and off those tanks 20 times a day helped my knee, too. View from the top. First week of August. Was the investors second big garden & the year prior she had a bunch of hippie women from the hills who knew what they were doing, but she was pretty clueless herself. Sophomore slump & she thought she had the answers because her girls the summer before knew their shit.
picture.php

Last summer the same property was like 12-15 hoop houses to get around the 'plain-view' regulations for the county.

Good god Pat. That is a hell of a story.I can't imagine hand watering all of that... how the hell did she have 60k in there but no irrigation!? That's mind blowing dude. City girl starting a farm, huh? Looks like a nice plot to work through, aside from the off slop terrain.

I'm sure it was a bit of fun while it lasted and is definitely something to look back on with pride.

I just got back from the farm myself. We grow way, way, way more food than pot though. Lol!

Take care man,
Jake

She's got legs, she knows how to use them.
She never begs, she knows how to choose them.
She's holdin' leg wonderin' how to feel them.
Would you get behind them if you could only find them?
She's my baby, she's my baby,
yeah, it's alright. ~ZZTop

You be rockin' it braddah!

Cool runnin
M

Back