Mango Haze: Selection In Small Spaces

That Xmas tree shaped Mango Haze plant is a credit to you Cannatari. Superb , mate. Funny when you northern hemipshere blokes talk about learning to grow satties , us Aussies had the same experience learning to grow indicas lol Until I started growing my first indicas in the early 90s feeding was a bit of a foreign concept . I thought all growing consisted of simply finding spot , dig in some chook and cow poo and give it a few months to settle . Then transplant your 4 week old seedlings from pots and watch them grow. Buds like your leg without any extra ferts. Indicas with their propensity to bud here even in summer, mold problems , love of P-K when flowering , short stature and love of Calcium and Magnesium were an entirely different deal . Thanks fellas , hope you are both well.

hey cannatari ,
beautiful symmetry there on your mango haze ,
i imagine it will look spectacular when shes ready ,
ill be back , hehe ..

I grow almost all sat heavy hybrids and I use a ppm of 250 until the last few weeks of flower and then just plain water. I used to use 5 -10 times as much fertilizer but it never made my grows any better. A bottle of flora nova last me forever now, lol.

Hiya, Zigzag. Wow, man...250 ppm?!? I believe it. Fo sho a single bottle of nutes will last a long time with a regime like that. Thanks for dropping in and sharing your experience.

That Xmas tree shaped Mango Haze plant is a credit to you Cannatari. Superb , mate. Funny when you northern hemipshere blokes talk about learning to grow satties , us Aussies had the same experience learning to grow indicas lol Until I started growing my first indicas in the early 90s feeding was a bit of a foreign concept . I thought all growing consisted of simply finding spot , dig in some chook and cow poo and give it a few months to settle . Then transplant your 4 week old seedlings from pots and watch them grow. Buds like your leg without any extra ferts. Indicas with their propensity to bud here even in summer, mold problems , love of P-K when flowering , short stature and love of Calcium and Magnesium were an entirely different deal . Thanks fellas , hope you are both well.

Thanks for the nice compliment, BucketBong. I like how you point out the contrasting foreign concepts about feeding habits. No doubt that many modern varieties have evolved to withstand all the junk we impose on it and not that it needs all that shit.

hey cannatari ,
beautiful symmetry there on your mango haze ,
i imagine it will look spectacular when shes ready ,
ill be back , hehe ..

Hiya, Don.

Thanks for the kind compliment. The goal this round has been to produce an example of how she would grow with no competition for light from other plants. I had a pretty good idea that the dynamics of my grow cab would produce the symmetry that we're seeing. Here is a pic of my first single-plant grow in the cab. Strawberry Cough...not sure who's:

17069d1288488479-nirvanas-strawberry-cough-regular-pic_0112.jpg

IME, this type of single-plant grow produces the most/best yields...best looking plants too!

Thanks for dropping by and joining in everybody.

Peace.

Mango Haze Day 58

I hope this relieves any concerns about my absence.

attachment.php

attachment.php

She's 30 inches tall and smell fabulous.

Peace!

Attachments

• PIC_0525.JPG
    PIC_0525.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 685
  • PIC_0528.JPG
    PIC_0528.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 684
Sorry mate.

I had you in my mind, but never sent the pm... last couple of weeks have been interesting around here to say the least. I hope you are safe... happy and the garden is still looking lovely.

My bad man. Though I did notice your absence, and again, sorry to not just see how you were doing man.

What were you upto...

Thanks for the pics, again C.

CM

hi cannatari ,
good to see you ,
and your plant also , she looks lovely ,,
specially the closeup shot ,
how much longer do you have to wait ??

Day 77

I'm having to harvest a branch off of this plant every few days so I thought I better get some shots up before too long.

14 week pheno at 11 weeks:

PIC_0734.JPG

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have some bad news to report. Due to negligence, I lost a few of my mothers including Potzilla/MHz/14 week pheno. I decided that it's to much work to maintain so much vegetation when I'm only flowering a plant or 2 every few months. My solution is to start my rotations from seed for a while. No more clones, no more mothers. So I took the Mango Lights mother and the MH F2 and squeezed them into the bloom box.

PIC_0732.JPG

PIC_0783.JPG

Some good news is that I think there is a chance that Gravity will pull through.

Peace.

Attachments

• PIC_0711.JPG
    PIC_0711.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 543
  • PIC_0722.JPG
    PIC_0722.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 537
Here's some dry stuff:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Next to a similar sized bud:

attachment.php

Trippy how the color of the bud changes under different light:

attachment.php

It smokes like a dream after 3 days of drying. A good cure should be outstanding smoke. It came out much differently this time than in the past. It's much better this time.

Orange filter.

Peace.

Attachments

• PIC_0683.JPG
    PIC_0683.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 379
  • PIC_0674.JPG
    PIC_0674.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 382
  • PIC_0670.JPG
    PIC_0670.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 385
  • PIC_0740.JPG
    PIC_0740.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 373
  • PIC_0743.JPG
    PIC_0743.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 375
Canna, she is looking lovely. I have a lady I think will be done in 3-4 weeks too. Ill share some pics of her later. She may be just a bit ahead of yours at this time after seeing your latest pics. I can't wait to toke her. hehe.

I think you may regret not keeping any moms or clones. Revegging is your only option left to keep a nice lady, but this hasn't always worked for me. At least 3 plants Ive revegged have died suddenly. New foliage starts to grow, and then the plant will just die over the next few days. Im sticking with clones from now on.

Im in the same spot as you, with too many plants but not enough flower space. To help combat this, Im taking cuttings of most of my larger plants and getting rid of the larger one and starting over small. No point in keeping a large plant around if it can't be flowered for a couple of months like you said especially if it'll be too big for your veg space! :D

Im keeping the clones under 4 6500K T5 Bulbs, and 2 2700 K bulbs, and this is working well on keeping most of my plants short enough to allow me to create a mini garden of multiple varieties under a single t5. When they get too big, I start to cut alot of foliage back leaving a few growing points for the next clone.

Below is a clone of my Shit Mom that I have remaining from my original seeds. She shouldn't be too difficult to keep in check. Maybe you would like to miniaturize your garden before going a different path. It might be fun. :D

Attachments

• Shit B Clone.jpg
    Shit B Clone.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 13
Hiya, Jonny.

I've weighed the pros and cons of starting from seed and decided that bringing new genes to life is the way to go. I don't want to run the same 2 pheno's over and over. I did an open pollination on my first go with the MH and have plenty of beans. I'll find these girls again.

Peace.

Hiya, Jonny.

I've weighed the pros and cons of starting from seed and decided that bringing new genes to life is the way to go. I don't want to run the same 2 pheno's over and over. I did an open pollination on my first go with the MH and have plenty of beans. I'll find these girls again.

Peace.

You may even find something better, or at least I hope you do. I love popping seeds too. Ive got plenty to run as well. Enjoy those seeds.

Amazing thread! I was on the fence between SSH and MH ..I think you just made my mind up for me.

Back