Mango Haze - pictorial - review

After about 2 months I cloned all the plants. Even at this point I could easily pick at least 5 standouts based on stem rub alone. There were several resinous and stanky males. It seems I had a garden friend who picked Her own favorites.

Attachments

• 17C918E0-7D49-4B28-A06A-DD0B8D841536.jpeg
    17C918E0-7D49-4B28-A06A-DD0B8D841536.jpeg
    481.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 67696561-ED65-4C18-ADE9-C671D41C0AAA.jpeg
    67696561-ED65-4C18-ADE9-C671D41C0AAA.jpeg
    538.3 KB · Views: 39
I have a lot to say about this line. I think one could spend many years growing, learning about the plants in front of them. And We should spend more time growing because the plants speak better for themselves. Please take what I say as part of the learning process. I grew mango haze, I think like many looking for some zippy ”up” nld rocket fuel. I found 1 plant out of 19 that I would say was a bit like that. I mostly found tasty, powerful, middle road, hybrid plants. They are potent and can be psychedelic, not as sleepy as “indicas” but a calm relaxing thoughtful high that doesn’t tire you out. If you smoke enough of some expressions, you will be on the couch though. A bit like what I think of as indica power with a more complex high. I have grown some Vietnamese that that flowered 14 weeks and tasted like mango snapple, and had a powerful, calm warm sunny high. That also describes some plants in the mango haze line. I believe there are lots of different ”sativa” like plants, with lots of different qualities out there. There are fantastic plants in this line, not exactly what I was looking for but great keeper quality. My only complaint is… too many expressions. With the obvious quality of the genetics and ability at MNS I would like to see selections from the experts. or At least some explanation of what we’re looking at when we grow these lines.

I will start with an incredible plant that anyone would be grateful to have at hand. Flowers 11 weeks, creamy/lemon/incense flavors, citrus smell. My wife when having cramps thinks this is the best medicine in the world. It is great for after work when you want to be absolutely blasted but somewhat functional.

Attachments

• FF2A03CB-A450-4DD3-96B7-CB371ACF8DB1.jpeg
    FF2A03CB-A450-4DD3-96B7-CB371ACF8DB1.jpeg
    668.8 KB · Views: 116
Here is a plant that had my attention early on. The stem rub smelled of mycelium and its final taste was of fresh soil. It flowered 13+ weeks. This was a resinous plant with a thoughtful warm psychedelic high. Reminds me of Thai.
picture taken at 10 weeks.

Attachments

• 41DFD1E0-724D-4F03-9493-5AD9BDF40143.jpeg
    41DFD1E0-724D-4F03-9493-5AD9BDF40143.jpeg
    971.1 KB · Views: 102
  • D1A3F1E6-3B2F-4AFE-A94D-C77D5B53E9E7.jpeg
    D1A3F1E6-3B2F-4AFE-A94D-C77D5B53E9E7.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
This plant had a mango stem rub from 2 weeks of flower. It was the tallest and did not want to flower until I dropped the lights below 12 hours of light. She went 14 weeks. Tasted exactly of sweet ripe mango, maybe a little carrot or papaya. The high is happy, at peace, warm, even a sunny feeling. It just tastes so good you want to smoke it all day, it gets you high but not sleepy. A great antidepressant. Though a few plants had some spicy mango characteristics, this was the only plant that was dead ripe mango sweetness.

Attachments

• C9BB7373-C266-481D-877A-78CECE3DA656.jpeg
    C9BB7373-C266-481D-877A-78CECE3DA656.jpeg
    760.4 KB · Views: 77
This plant was the most unique from a flavor standpoint out of the bunch. She was the second fastest to finish from the keepers At 11+ weeks. But her smell and flavor was completely different than every other plant. She smells like a strawberry daiquiri or pina colada. Most plants were either spicy herbal or electric Lemon lime, But this one was so fruity and tropical. Nice hybrid effect. Maybe skunk dominance? You can see how my late nitrogen boost caused some shoot growth. You definitely have to figure out these plants feeding schedule.9712D6E7-B7F5-4426-B00E-37DC17A1158E.jpeg

Here is another one of my favorites. This plant was the most terpine rich of the plants. Pellegrino makes a grapefruit soda called, well… pompelmo, it’s sweet and lemony at first but then this bitter grapefruit pith flavor with so much sweetness to balance it. I can only describe this plant like that. The bitter is so pungent, too sweet to be acrid but it is. I just don’t know. Its flavor is so unique. It flowers 13 weeks has resin out onto the fan leaves. It might be the most resinous plant of the bunch. It hits instantly and the warmth washes over you. Its very similar to the mango plant but a little more resinous, not as tall unless you veg it well and with this incredible bitter pith that balances the sweet citrus.63DBE4DE-AD5C-4FB3-AB84-2CCB4A9A8A7A.jpeg

There are 3 other plants not shown in the previous posts, as I dont have great pictures. The one lime green, less dense , lemon lime and a bit “up“ pheno. Then the other tallest and longer flowering pheno that has a real eucalyptus flavor. And finally one that didn’t get flowered with the first bunch. That last plant is flowering now and has some of the fastest resin production and a very incense smell. Here is a picture of me flowering the keepers. I’ve pulled them down under a screen so hopefully I’ll get a good enough yield to smoke on them for a bit and refine my selection. I find the strain as a whole powerful and narcotic, not the clear headed clean the house herb I was looking for. Maybe I’ll pick them a bit earlier and see if that helps. It’s a great hybrid though. I found some of the mango pheno in a jar that has cured for about 5 months. Its buds have a very distinct flavor. like steamed carrots glazed with sugar and lemon squeezed over them. you can absolutely see the relation to ssh. 5 minutes in I felt a lift off, had To move around, at 10 minutes in I had to sit down, as the power took hold. At 30 minutes we had to leave the house. I told my wife “listen I’m really stoned and cannot make any decisions or be relied on for anything.” the mango pheno is bottom left corner. Its still stretching almost 4 weeks in. This line is really fun to grow and has really unique phenos. You can always Tell great genetics and breeding because you learn a lot just but growing them.03B18B6B-2C13-463F-9BFC-AA610818E150.jpeg

Back