Mango Haze, my journey...

babysdrippinbox

Hi all! I'd introduced myself a while ago and promised a Mango Haze journal. Here we go. I bought my first Mr. Nice gear through seedsman and chose MH. Since, I've purchased a few other packs via the auctions and am excited about contributing what I can to the community.
I'm on my 3rd small grow, I grow for myself and my wife, both with recommendations in California, both 50 years old. I grow in an enclosed 7x10x10 enclosed room in my garage. I live on the coast and temps are mild, rarely in excess of 90 degrees and rarely lower than 40 degrees fahrenheit. I passively vent the room and have an 8 inch inline fan pulling the stink through a 8x25 inch carbon filter. (Works beautifully) My humidity can be an issue sometimes as it can get upwards of 70% on a bad day. Most of the time it's between 50% and 62%, (I keep charts) I light the room with 2 1000w Hortilux eye HPS, sometimes throwing in MH for the last couple of weeks and I grow organically in soil using mostly composting teas to fertilize. At the present time I've got 6 THC bomb plants in day 60 of flower and another 6 blue widow at day 27. As I stated earlier, I'm new and being new, I've made some mistakes, but what led me here was when I wasn't making mistakes and just got bad genetics. That shit is a heartbreaker, to just have a plant that won't frost up, is punked out by the breeder, and ultimately just doesn't live up to expectations. If I've learned anything this last year is you just can't get around good genetics and good knowledgeable people that know the nuances of growing a particular strain. That's why I'm here. I've started at some of the other sites, seen alot of shit grows done by kids living with their parents under their iPad flashlight app. But that's not what I see here. I'm excited about bringing you along for these next few months as I get my first experience sexing these regular seeds, (has only been feminized seed or clone until now) and bringing this crop to harvest. I'm hoping to get alot of membership input and that this is my best grow to date.
Well here we go: I had a 14 out of 18 germination from my 18 pack of MH I received from seedsman. I put them in root riot plugs under a T5 and feed them water ph'd to 6.2 flavored with a couple drops of super thrive. They're gorgeous, more of a light colored, but really nice green and very vibrant. They were only put into dixie cups a week ago and are already taking off. A couple of runts and one that might not make it. I'm new enough that I really don't know the best way to go about sexing these plants. Should I put them in the flower room, let them reveal their sex and then go back to veg or take clones in a week or so, let the clones reveal sex and work from there? I'm not a breeder, nor do I have the room to really experiment with the process, just looking to grow the best medicine I can with what I have. Of course I'd love to find a gem, but I'll most likely need the memberships help to spot the better pheno's of the group. I'll take plenty of pictures and try to update at least once a week all the way through to smoke report. Let's have some fun...:)

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1534.jpg
    IMG_1534.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    641.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1539.jpg
    IMG_1539.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1542.jpg
    IMG_1542.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1543.jpg
    IMG_1543.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    686.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    699.2 KB · Views: 10
Great to see more grows being logged at MNS. I have 3 MH moms out of 5 seeds I planted. My recommendation is to keep them in vegetative state until you sex them. It took me around 35 days to sex them all 3. It seems sex is shown faster if you take good care of the plants. Then, as suggested by other members, I would take cuts and clone/label each and run each plant at least a couple of times before you make your selection. Selection is really important if you are looking for the holy grail. However, all my 3 plants show different phenos and they are all great. One thing to note that everybody mentions is to cure the product really well, it gets better and better with time, but it really starts to get special after a 1-2 month cure. Another thing to note is that if grown hydroponically, since it can't get root bound (depending on the system of course) they will get huge (6-10ft, I grow with a vertical setup also on a 1000W Hortilux Super HPS) and in my case it didn't matter if it was a clone taken straight to 12/12 or a month old clone, they all got to the same height in each run. Even more interesting, all my plants seem to start flowering when the plant reach certain height, so they always got huge before flowering. I got around 200g out of 1 plant @ 11 weeks, but the other 2 phenos yielded 40g and 60g. The smallest mom is the one that gave the clone that yielded 200g, I still can't figure out why such a difference, so don't discard any plants until you have run them at least twice. You have to have lots of patience, because it seems these plants take forever to finish, and some of them apparently never finish flowering. I would post more info if I remember anything else. At the moment I'm running them again in 1L pots in 100% coco to see if I can get them root bound, but I guess I'm kidding myself, these things never stop growing, they are huge. If I can pull it of, I might do a vertical "SCROG" but I know I'm kidding myself...

... I forgot, some of the guys say plants mature faster as the mom gets older. My moms are almost 7 months old, so I also want to see if they do mature faster than my first runs.

Really great smoke, all my close friends that tried MH say it is the best smoke...

nice little baby plants, i will read the text later but fellows please please :) dont kill us with long post like that, it hurts :eek: im too young to die so can i just sugest to space out your sentences a little ? :eek:

good luck with mango haze, watch for the streching phenos there are the best of the line.
sincerely

bat

Now that I'm reading it, you are right Batman. I just got too excited trying to provide info. It is the first time that I actually have something to say :)

Back