Mango Haze indoors (LED)

thanks CannaFish - one plant has that purple tinge to it, the other plant doesn't so assume it's just the genetics? the one that is purple tinged is the one that would be most ready for harvest

Drying both plants now

the purple tinged buds have a strange smell, faint hint of citrus but not really, compared to the other plant which is the typical citrus smell, maybe the terpenes got damaged on the purple one?

"n2ishun, Have a good PH meter ?

Hello n2ishun!

I don't have a good one. I would like an excellent soil PH tester and the same with a water PH tester. Both should be of high quality and high accuracy. Do you have any suggestions? What do you use?
Anyone?

Longball
I know not asking me but I’ll chime in anywayz.. Any soil probe will do, get them cheap at your garden center..Drops, by a country mile.. no calibration no drift, add two drops and read what you have.. con; forget about drops if colorblind and go for something requiring the calibration liquid..

looks like some nice nugs yosim

thanks

they are curing right now, plan to smoke a joint later so took one out of the jar, nice and sticky feel - a citrus type smell but totally different to SSH which was a lot "sweeter" - I actually never smelled a Mango or tasted one lol so i don't know if it's a Mango smell

unfortunately one little seed popped out of the bud when i was pulling some of it off :( - I did not notice any seeds during trimming but they probably stay towards the centre of the bud? I did a quick check on the other buds in the jar and couldn't see any more seeds that were obvious....none rolling around in the bottom of the jars either....so i don't know, I kinda expected these plants to hermy so can't be too surprised - maybe it was just one seed?

i will smoke later anyway and see what the hit is like, they have only been curing for 2 weeks but the cure seems to have done nicely so far, really praying the other buds aren't full of seeds :oops:

Good grow report man :)
Nice plant also... And the purpling... hmm, let us know how it smell and taste like ;)

Good grow report man :)
Nice plant also... And the purpling... hmm, let us know how it smell and taste like ;)
Well I sampled that one last night, the high was more couchy but strong, i will try the other plant tonight which was not as far along at harvest time
I found that high very similar to the SSH i grew, even the buds had the same kinda feel, although as I said above the smell is definitely different
There were some nice after tastes, be interesting to see if my vape brings out any more flavours

so I wouldn't Be expecting to see her getting to the final stage.

i know its a bit late but here my 2 cents
your water had to much Calcium in it to start with, i get the same thing, also, try coco,ive never seen that level of salt built up before in coco
robably magnesium as well, then adding more caused lockout, making you add more. may i ask, how much run off are you getting when you water? your growing in soil right? it seems like your soil mix was either way to hot or else you had way to much microbial activity. if your using a reservoir for water + nutes then i would say your not watering till you get enough run off. your run off stops the salt build-up, I sometimes get this when I have a pheno that flowers longer thasn expected. turned leaves would be because the extreme salt makes the plant stop taking in water aswell because she canthandle the salt.

my suggestion would be that you should not let them dry out so much between waterings in flower, in flower we push nute levels most of the time atleast, so you want to get 20% of the pot volume at least once a day (but every time you water, water till you get this amount) you won't have any overwatering symptoms either because this flushes the oxygen-less water out. (but i do run 70/30 perlite/coco - this is because the coco protects from the salt burn to the roots when using so much perlite with higher nute levels)

the bluelab truncheon is good. if you want a hand held manual EC/PPM meter look no further, if you wanted automated readings get a blue lab guardian butif you can afford it buy the blue labs PH Controller and youll never look back.

about harvesting listen to musashi, if its your first time and your going to grow thew strain again. otherwise just keep in mind, nbo plant in the world ripens completely evenly, this one isnt any different, take the top half and leave the bottoms for 5-10 days and youll be surpriased at the yield change

you say your growing in soil but then why give nutes? if you mean PEAT you should be cutting peat with up to 70% perlite. aim for 1500-1800 ppm in and 1300 out. the garden sage has a good youtube series. but yeah, 100% massive nutrient burn on those flowers, dont stress to much though, the plant sacrifices the leaves to save the flowers, i have yet to see a single flower ever show signs of nutrient burn, just the leaves. but the fact that burn it moving towards the stem its nute burn. you can also let coco dry out, is ok, it doesnt burn your plants and doesnt become hygrophobic like peat does when it dries out

**EDIT** people say to water once the soil has dried out, this is true, BUUUUUUUT, the purpose is to encourage root growth. but it means you need to saturate and get run off between waterings even more so. like, 15 galleon airpot I want just under a galleon coming out the bottom everytime, more if you want but more is just wasting nutrients

Last edited:
Flushed both plants today, I will feed much less Calcium from now on and hopefully can get them to the end, day 63 of 12/12. One of the plants buds smells really citrusy, the other smells like hay lol
if you're using tap water, DO NOT ADD CALCIUM calcium carbonate is added to municipal water as a PH buffer mainly to protect the plumbing lines. if you add calmag to tap water. you will get lockout every single time. (my water starts, after filtering, at 300-400ppm)

Hi everyone, getting close to the end now!
big positive is that I don’t see any nanners/seeds so am really happy with that and shows to me that MH is pretty strong and resilient to light issues etc

been checking the trichomes recently, 1 plant i am seeing translucent amber, is this a sign that she’s ready??
The other plant are getting cloudy but not seeing any translucent amber yet, maybe she is just different
Either way I will probably chop them within the next 7 days as seeing some brown trichs on 1 plant indicating that I’m well inside the window for harvest
Just to reply to above posts, I don’t water top down, i use autopots, also i am in soil not coco, thanks all!

p.s. so annoying that images keep rotating 90 degrees 😒
you need to hit edit, then crop, then youll get the rotate option. in windows its at the bottom under image viewer, on phones yeah, edit>crop>rotate

@elmopedia thanks so much for the feedback. I am growing with autopots (Canna soil and then mixed with perlite 70/30) not sure if you are familiar with them, they are described as a flood and drain system. I think you are right on the calcium, I get this same symptoms on all of my grows (mango was my 9th) and I use the same nutrients and water, definitely not overfeeding them, I try to stay on the low side of nutes added, but nevertheless I end up with problems

next grow I will try to feed hardly any calcium and monitor the results - I have also been thinking about trying out Coco

Also, I think I am harvesting too late. Last 2 strains were SSH and Mango, both from Mr. Nice here - each of them just seemed more "couchy" then I would have expected. Now maybe I just got unlucky and they were Indica leaning, however they both went fairly long time wise and also they grew tall and just seemed Sativa from my limited experience anyway

So plenty for me to work on, going to try some different strain next time, I may go back to Mango/SSH if I sort my issues out! thanks

Last edited:
you need to hit edit, then crop, then youll get the rotate option. in windows its at the bottom under image viewer, on phones yeah, edit>crop>rotate
if i rotate the image on my phone it's still wrong when it uploads to this site, weird

Yosim we have some similarities in our mango hazes. I grew one that got so big I had to move it to the side of the lights. Surprisingly that’s what made the buds take off. Peripheral lighting was the only thing that made the buds big and didnt burn the leafs off the plant for me. The plant loved it as soon as I took it out from under the lights. I still showered it with uvb rays and it didn’t mind that. Very potent emotional smoke. Whatever emotion it will amplify it. The buds smelled like a cement mixer type shot of subtle pineapple bread and (the stems) were pure eucalyptus. The leafs had buds on them which I liked. When cured, the smell is surprisingly total chocolate. WTF. F43F46B1-B4A5-4FE9-90EB-F8ACAB6FC1F4.jpg

@elmopedia thanks so much for the feedback. I am growing with autopots (Canna soil and then mixed with perlite 70/30) not sure if you are familiar with them, they are described as a flood and drain system. I think you are right on the calcium, I get this same symptoms on all of my grows (mango was my 9th) and I use the same nutrients and water, definitely not overfeeding them, I try to stay on the low side of nutes added, but nevertheless I end up with problems

next grow I will try to feed hardly any calcium and monitor the results - I have also been thinking about trying out Coco

Also, I think I am harvesting too late. Last 2 strains were SSH and Mango, both from Mr. Nice here - each of them just seemed more "couchy" then I would have expected. Now maybe I just got unlucky and they were Indica leaning, however they both went fairly long time wise and also they grew tall and just seemed Sativa from my limited experience anyway

So plenty for me to work on, going to try some different strain next time, I may go back to Mango/SSH if I sort my issues out! thanks
yeah they arent designed for soil use those, i just googled them and i basically just built the exact same system as that just myself with a hose and some t pieces but draining to waste with a bilge pump with a float switch... to ensure plants always get a full spectrum of nutrients with every feeding as its to complex to work out exactly what they ate. i just aim for a 300-500ppm reduction in my run off., but calcium used o get me, especially running 70 p[erlite 30 coco
Ph, your plant will learn to anticipate the same ph after a while, studys (check at the guys making par meters lumitek i wanna say? no umm they make par meters and shit, really good one.. api) have shown that a plant grows better under a constant ph that is out of its desired range than a varying ph level. this is because she can change h at the root level as she needs..if your gonna feed though, i wouldn't be using soil if adding nutes, i wouldn't be using soil at all at 30% as it dries out too fast otherwise. try doing exactly what your doing and start with a nutrientless buffered coco like cocostar or whatever, just make sure you use correctly ph'd water to soak it and i bet you'll see most of those problems disappear. with calcium look seriously, unlkess you filter dont add any of it to your tank, foliar a mix of calmag+ and a silica nutrient and that way you can discontinue use of the nitrogen and calcium should plant show signs of lockout, in the soil its alot harder to flush out. and you wont see symptoms untill much later. this is how i do it, i just use tap water and add straight canna nitrogen to it and when i flush stop filtering my water for the extra calcium in it hgelps harder your flowers. I had the same thing, But since I dont have any water access in my room or even the same floor a my room it makes it a bit hard. 225L flexitank is empty in 3 or so days.

I also have 14 individual light sources totalling 1823W 5 CMH 4 LED bars, 1 between each HID then 5 fluro LED tubes I stick through the arms of my.plants facing up, the footprint of each reflector is different mind you fuys so that "preripheral lighting" might have een the sweet spot for your light reflector combo.

is a really good video all about this from actual scientists doing the research properly and not for the sake of selling more product.

here a great video explaining how nutrient burn works.

and heres why lightinig intnsity is mainly bogus, long as you can handle the heat

Last edited:
@elmopedia you can 100% use autopots on soil grows, my mate has been using them for years with great results. I am considering growing with coco at some stage. Gonna go soil again for the next grow and try much less Calcium nutrients....will see what results I get, thanks

Hey all
Thanks for the report man
Are you planning on leaving any for the long cure?
You may be pleasently supprised
✌️

Are we talking about airpots or the aeropot cosntheyre different things :) the aeropot I'd a DWC setup and airpots are made for soil originally but can be used in really any setting

Are we talking about airpots or the aeropot cosntheyre different things :) the aeropot I'd a DWC setup and airpots are made for soil originally but can be used in really any setting

Elmopedia, we're talking Autopots. Yosim linked to their website a couple replies back. I use soil in mine all the time and the reservoir allows me to go away for a few days which is great.

Back