Mango Haze Inbred Generation

toolwrenchus

Like many of you i was excited to see a new version of the Mango Haze

soaked 11 seeds but only 6 sprouted :(

2 Males and 4 Females

the plants are very easy to grow and they are keeping pace but not getting ahead of other indica dominant hybrids next to them

They are growing at just the same rate as the G13skunk and Plushberry seedplants started at the same time

all the plants have a very nice smell when rubbed

the females are smelling sweet, fruity, and a hint of skunk

no grassy smells like my regular mango haze

cloning is a breeze and they all rooted within 6-10 days

MH inbred #2

the cutting responded well to training from the start

she has a deeper skunk smell than her sisters

original seedplant shown

hi r453 and thank you

to be clear, these are the mothers

the cutting started flowering at about 10 inches

they are about 1 week in 11/13 so far

looking forward to your grow TW :)
I am really curious if the MH and the inbred are identical in quality. But with just a shorter flowering time ?
will be watching with interest

thats what im hoping for and im sure thats what shanti was shooting for

thanks for stoppin by brother

looking forward to your grow TW :)
I am really curious if the MH and the inbred are identical in quality. But with just a shorter flowering time ?
will be watching with interest

Hi twu,
Your leaves are wider than mine were.
I'm interested.
First I heard about inbred MH.
Good luck,
Ch

thanks charmilles

they are indeed much wider than any mango haze leaves ive seen that is for sure

i also forgot to mention that these females showed sex faster than the g13 skunk!

it took them only 4 weeks from germination

thanks for the support :)

thanks charmilles

they are indeed much wider than any mango haze leaves ive seen that is for sure

i also forgot to mention that these females showed sex faster than the g13 skunk!

it took them only 4 weeks from germination

thanks for the support :)

I've been very surprised at how wide the leaves are on my Mango Haze inbred. It's nothing like I expected. I expected a tall hazey plant. Looks like Shanti picked a fast NL pheno to inbreed. Should be interesting. It's sort of a competition between MH and The Doors in my grow. So far they are very similar in appearance and structure.

Can't wait to see what happens with your MH toolwrenchus. See what sort of colas they develop.

scrubdog

hey scrubdog

its kind of hard to figure out which male was used...

this is the official description of the Inbred MH

"Mango Haze Inbred Generation

Inbred generation using female MH select to Male F1 selected seed made by Shantibaba personally.

Tall haze plant expected with good yields.

Unreleased prevoiusly in this version"

it says MH female but for the male it only says F1 selected seed

so i think it is possible that the male used was not a mango haze male?

Originally Posted by shantibaba
MH inbred is one part of a back cross i did some 16 months ago when i was playing around to find a 8-9 week cloner. Did not finish this work and there are some gems to find in this seed foresure....not much more info i can offer on this...as i did not test it in this batch, only germination was tested.

You do have permission to quote these two pieces of information if you feel they help clarify things on the respective areas of relevance. Sb

it is a bit cryptic isn't it?....

"Male F1 selected seed made by Shantibaba personally."

could be anything right? :confused:

guess we will just have to wait and see what comes out in flowering :D

Hi Guys

saw this thread and thought to dispel any doubts. The male S1 seed i used to go back with the MH mother select was broad leaf faster flowering similar structure to his mother...resin production was very quick on certain parts of the male...all positive traits. So he was kept as a inter generational breeding partner. The MH ibl is this beginning of the line i just described...you can go many places from here depends what your selecting preferences are for...

So hope that helps and always nice to see photos to see what is going on...well done all the best sb

so the " MH mother select" is mother of mango haze, hzC122, not actually a mango haze mother.

wouldn't that make this mango haze inbreed a backcross to the Hz122?

hi Shanti

thanks for stopping by and enlightening us

very helpful info indeed

will keep this thread rolling with pics and info

happy holidaze to you and your family :)

Hi Guys

saw this thread and thought to dispel any doubts. The male S1 seed i used to go back with the MH mother select was broad leaf faster flowering similar structure to his mother...resin production was very quick on certain parts of the male...all positive traits. So he was kept as a inter generational breeding partner. The MH ibl is this beginning of the line i just described...you can go many places from here depends what your selecting preferences are for...

So hope that helps and always nice to see photos to see what is going on...well done all the best sb

so the " MH mother select" is mother of mango haze, hzC122, not actually a mango haze mother.

wouldn't that make this mango haze inbreed a backcross to the Hz122?

hi hairy

yes its the first stage of the back cross. he said so a few times

Originally Posted by shantibaba
MH inbred is one part of a back cross i did some 16 months ago when i was playing around to find a 8-9 week cloner. Did not finish this work and there are some gems to find in this seed foresure....not much more info i can offer on this...as i did not test it in this batch, only germination was tested....

...The MH ibl is this beginning of the line i just described......

Last edited:
one part of a backcross is not the same as just saying its a backcross...could be interpreted differently.
first stage of the backcross, no. first stage of the ibl line, yes.
it IS the backcross, bx1.

Thanks for helping to clarify toolwrenchus.

But if this seed batch/cross was used in further work to make this 8-9 week ibl line, how is it that only germination was tested. plants would have to be grown and selected for further use. I see where shanti says he did not finish this work, to me it implies that he did do other work and this first step is not all that was done. "one part of a backcross I did" could mean that there are other parts.
well, hopefully we'll see more of the work done to this line in the future, and in the meantime we can all play around with the first step.

Back