Mango Haze IBL- The Eternal Flame

New guy here, long time lurker and enthusiast of MH and NH. I am currently running 6 Mr. Nice MH (not IBL though); 4 MH x Afghan Skunk; 4 MH x Aghan Haze, 4 Old School Genetics Super mango A5 Haze (aka Super Peach F1 x Mango A5 male (A5 Haze S1 x Mango Haze); 4 Mango A5, 2 Eskobar's Holy Princess (Cinderella 99 x Santa María Planck); 3 Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain; 2 Rhaspberry Truffle (Santa María Planck x Chocolate Rain); 3 Mr. Nice Master Kaze x SanFune (Holy Princess x Chocolate Cheese), 2 ACE's Panama x A5 Haze; 2 Super Panama Haze (Neville's Haze Yo Sammy cut x Panama Goddess F10), and PCG's Gush Mints S1 in an effort to reproduce a clone only strain (Mango Mintality) not available where I live.

The goal is to find the best MH male to release its pollen on all of the ladies. I love it when people share their ideas and I have to say I like yours. That Diesel x LaNiña must be a great plant.

Mango Haze is such a favorite that I like to cross it with everything else I´ve grown and loved. I could also say the same thing about Master Kaze. In fact, the Master Kaze, overall, is the most impresive plant I have grown. I am astounded right now by the vigour Mr. Nice genetics carry over to their offspring.
Hey @dbbrainer! Impressed with your line up. It would be nice to see many of these. Care to share?

mu

I just love Shanti’s Instagram post on this grow yesterday. I too am running this strain currently but since so many people are reporting on Mango Haze I figured I’d hang in the background. But Shanti‘s idea of staking and trellising is very intriguing to me as I used to be a ScrogMeister in my prior life… I know what I’m going to do with some of the clones from both MHI and NHM.
Fun project ahead, thanks Mu for inspiring Shanti‘s comment. 👍

Aloha fellow firewalkers!
Greetings @Swifty

Just completed 11 weeks and everything looks ripe enough to come in within a week as far as I am concerned. It is not my best grow as the plants did not respond in the healthiest ways IMO. They seemed stressed from the get go. In fact I lost one earlier bc she wouldn't come around after a pH flush. I have been struggling with the LED brightness and even turned off the one that was above the HG and MoX. But it may also be the soil as all of the Mangoes were planted in the same. All the other plants in the run were unaffected. I probably need to consider doing pH readings from run off to confirm some things just never had to do that in the past. I am considering something else besides FF but soils are getting expensive these days. So anyways, yield was compromised somewhat but there will be another bus to catch at another time.

MHI7.JPG

MHI4.JPG

MHI6.JPG

MHI2.JPG

MHI1.JPG

MHI5.JPG

#8 she was planted in new soil and responded differently. A beautiful specimen.
MHI8.JPG

mu

Greetings @Swifty

Just completed 11 weeks and everything looks ripe enough to come in within a week as far as I am concerned. It is not my best grow as the plants did not respond in the healthiest ways IMO. They seemed stressed from the get go. In fact I lost one earlier bc she wouldn't come around after a pH flush. I have been struggling with the LED brightness and even turned off the one that was above the HG and MoX. But it may also be the soil as all of the Mangoes were planted in the same. All the other plants in the run were unaffected. I probably need to consider doing pH readings from run off to confirm some things just never had to do that in the past. I am considering something else besides FF but soils are getting expensive these days. So anyways, yield was compromised somewhat but there will be another bus to catch at another time.

View attachment 73842

View attachment 73843

View attachment 73844

View attachment 73845

View attachment 73846

View attachment 73847

View attachment 73848

mu
It's hard to tell from the pics what the difference is between the "beautiful specimen" and others. What were/are the differences??? I've struggled with recycled and amended soil(didn't bake it) and tend to run the LED's blasting the top cola's with PAR xs 1000. I'm running NHM & MHI within 12" and high PAR with no problems so far, so trying to pick your brain...They look delicious to me, but I'm easy :)

Greetings @Swifty

View attachment 73842

View attachment 73843

View attachment 73844

View attachment 73845

View attachment 73846

View attachment 73847

View attachment 73848

mu
Stunning plants mu!
Can't wait to see for myself.

Number 8 does seem to like the new soil more. I would look into that direction.
In the period when I found my Super Silver Haze cut I was forced to buy the Allmix in stead of the Light mix (no stock available).
This was my second round from cuts and I could not keep her happy till the end of flowering.
For the third round I used the rest of the Allmix for some and the rest got new Light mix.
I saw the same thing with the allmix and the light mix did far better.
These sativa dom hybrids can be finickly, learnt this then.

PH reading seems like a good place to start, it could also be an inbalance of nutrients.

Hope that you find the problem.
Still looks like killer smoke.:)

Greetings.

I have been considering using some of last year's soil but opinion's seem to be all over the place.

"We have been using our own mix for our strains since inception...easy to make and scale up.....
50% sterilized potting mix
30% perlite
10% worm castings
5% coarse river sand
5% coco fiber
hope it helps those who like to keep it simple and using this with watering nutrients is fine....we also reuse 50% and mix in 50% new mix each subsequent crop. Then spread the 50% we discard onto the outdoor gardens! Waste not want not! all the best Shantibaba"

This makes it sound like it is ok to use a bit of it. I live in an area of a lot of farms and I don't see farmers bringing in dump trucks full Fox Farms soil or even bags of it each year. I would think they would amend it a bit, but...the 300 year old Great White Oak Tree near here is living in 300 year old soil? I'm sure Nature refreshes the soil the same as I would refresh mine?

I think @Swifty is on to something with "PH reading seems like a good place to start, it could also be an imbalance of nutrients." Over here, many towns and Universities have a "Agriculture and Food Systems Cooperative Extension" sometimes just called a 'local Cooperative Extension', or a 'Home Cooperative Extension' where you can send a soil sample to and for a nominal fee they will take you to Nirvana tonight tell you everything you ever wanted to know about your soil. What amendments may be needed to bring the soil "back to life".

I think I will give it a try. I separated the soil from the male plants as they were chopped 2 months early and I don't feel all the nutrients were used up. Famous last words?

Beautiful plants, musashi! :love:

Longball

Last edited:
Back