Mango Haze (and ssh) Grow

I know this is terribly late in coming.

My 4 Mango Haze's, grown in coco 3 gallon pots using Nectar For the Gods Nutrition, and 1000 watt light yielded

ounces each.

Everyone loves this herb! Only two people prefer Medicine Man and I am one of them (not that I dislike the Mango Haze!).

Weird, but I admit to not having a handle on the buzz (what exactly it is like) though admittedly, a lot of the time I have had a bowl after having already vaped some Medicine Man.

I'll try to get a better sense of the high. It definitely hits pretty fast and hard and feels nice.

After your 44g experience, you killed it this time. Great varieties that are almost on opposite ends of the pole from each other. What a nice contrast eh? Happy for you brah, nice work!

Cool runnin
M

Good job O2B, happy for you Bro!

Please do be so kind and share your smoke/effect experience in more detail. I am particularly interested in terpenes as well, i.e. smell/odor and flavor/aroma.

There is not enough information on these things, people seem to always leave that out of their grow logs.

I assume because it is hard to quantify and put into words but it helps a lot :)

Stay frosty

Broseidon out

Hi musashi and Broseidon,

musashi, that is really cool you recalled my "midget" experience (lockout?)!

Speaking of which, I reused the same coco. I filtered it all through chicken mesh that I had two pieces of wood attached to. The width of the wood lengths was such that it sat over a plastic rectangular container. I would just sift some coco through, allowing what would go through to drop into another container. And then turn the mesh unit around and slap it against the container for capturing the root matter. It all just nicely fell into it.

I figure I filtered out at least 95% of the root matter.

Additionally, I think using Nectar of the Gods helped as the recommended ph is 6.0-6.2 during vegetative and 6.0-6.5 during flowering. I guess the calcium on some of the feed is supposed to bond with some of the crap that causes lockout.

Broseidon, I'll try to later provide a sense of the mango high. The MM high is quite like injecting a highly pleasant sensation right in my brain. But, it is not like the Ortega which leaves me much harder to stay awake. For me, it is just a great strain for chilling as I relax to some TV and/or music.

Say, I have a couple questions I am going to provide in the indoor forum. Maybe you can have a read?

Thanks again...

Tony (o2)

No smoke report?

Bummer, no smoke report yet. I was really hoping to hear how these Mango Hazes came out, and the SSH. Both are at the top of my wish list for when I am able to grow my own medicine. Honestly every day I am not yet able to work with this miraculous plant, and Shantibabas Genetics, I die a little bit inside. I wish there were more smoke reports on the differemt strains. Honestly even if the phenos being found aren't what the grower are looking for I would still love to hear about them. Here is to hoping he is just going with a long cure before his smoke report!

~D840

Grow report.

I can only say that I love the mango haze buzz. It is immediate and it is heady and calm and no paranoia or anxiety for me. I have a hard time explaining it, but it is wonderful. Better for me than the ssh to the extent that I would henceforth not bother with ssh and grow more mango.

Now the bad news. While away for a few days, someone broke in my home and stole all my mango and ssh (and more). I know who did it (thought he was a friend), but nothing I can really do.

Nothing like this has ever happened to me. This was beginning of December. i am getting over it, but it really rocked me pretty hard.

That sucks mate.. sorry to hear this.. it's something that shouldn't happen but does... all friendships have a test that will fail that friendship. You just hope that the good ones don't come across the test.. you know the saying or window sticker or country song (whichever it is); 'my best friend ran off with my mrs, geez I miss him'.. don't tell nobody, especially an acquaintance, they will fail something so superficial every time... age helps with this type of thing from happening..

Long-flowering Sativas

There is a good book I will recommend, but it is not for sale. You are writing it yourself: The Book of Experience. Seriously though, I'm just finishing some Acapulco Gold that have been flowering for 17 weeks. They are ripe, I'm giving them one more week to mature their seeds. I started them at 12/12, kept them at 12/12 for 3 or 4 weeks and then incrementally brought them down to 10.5/13.5. That is one good technique to get bud formation on a tropical or semi-tropical strain, shorten the day-length. Good luck

I’ve heard it’s near impossible to find a good Acapulco Gold… do you still have any cuts? How did you like yours?? I think I’m too young to have tried any of this stuff but it sounds great from what I’ve researched!

Reactions: o2b
I’ve heard it’s near impossible to find a good Acapulco Gold… do you still have any cuts? How did you like yours?? I think I’m too young to have tried any of this stuff but it sounds great from what I’ve researched!
About as close as you'll get.

Back