Mango Haze 2017

terranova13

Hello all,

This is my first time growing out Mr. Nice gear from seed. Looking forward to the journey and it's challenges. Figured Mango Haze would be appropriate considering the warm temperatures coming our way.

Regards,
TN

Pictured are the Mango Haze seeds purchased from MN Auctions. Planted today in soil.
IMG_20170310_164226_849.jpg

Hell of a way to start man! I still haven't grown this line but it's of legendary status, the kings don't dissapoint!

Best of luck, I'm subbed for the ride... Moar pics please!

Hell of a way to start man! I still haven't grown this line but it's of legendary status, the kings don't dissapoint!

Best of luck, I'm subbed for the ride... Moar pics please!

Topheavy420,

Once they're up and out I'll begin documenting their progress..glad to have you along for their show.

I did upload some shots from the previous cycle. SSH and Nl5Hz hybrid by Dynasty Genetics called Super Silver Cough as well as shots of the Gorilla Glue 4 (clone only). They were cool plants but still not exactly anything I'd keep, had 5 seeds and got 3 females just barely a peek into the Dynasty cross. Everything ran 12 weeks.

Glue took up the footprint, and the seed plants were grown in the tent corners with the least light intensity.

Super Silver Cough 1
IMG_20170110_010912_704.jpg

IMG_20170201_201417_764.jpg

Super Silver Cough 3
IMG_20161227_155637_134.jpg

IMG_20170130_193504_249.jpg

IMG_20170130_230408_893.jpg

GG4
IMG_20170126_225811_045.jpg

IMG_20170131_053134_915.jpg

IMG_20161128_002427.jpg

Regards,
TN

Nice one! Looking forward to seeing your results! Great pictures b.t.w, your plants look awesome! Unfortunately we don't have access to the clone only here in Australia.. Would love to try them someday! S

Nice one! Looking forward to seeing your results! Great pictures b.t.w, your plants look awesome! Unfortunately we don't have access to the clone only here in Australia.. Would love to try them someday! S

Sensient,

Don't feel like you're missing out much with 99.9% of the clone only stuff you hear about floating around...the real gems are few out there.

How's the climate in your area down in Aus? With these Mango Haze I'll never see their full potential indoors, but this will be somewhat of a glimpse.

Regards,
TN

I've grown out Mango Haze twice and Neville's Haze a few more than that. Mango is a very nice strain to grow and smoke. I don't know but I may have a grow log of the MH here.

Best of luck with your grow.

Germination so far - they seem to be taking a few days to poke through the soil, but are breaking through. Should have some shots within the next few days of some babies..

I'm growing out 4 seeds in a NC-20 (15 gal) of 3rd year recycled soil. Inside a 5x5ft tent, 400w HPS soon to be MH for the fresh cycle. They will be in 12/12 from seed.

Regards,
TN

Err on the side of caution when it comes to size. Inside of a tent i would top them twice for four main colas and flip them before they are 12" tall. This will maximise your production per floor area whilst keeping them below 6 foot tall. The problem that many have with the haze crosses is they grow them too long as an untopped plant before putting into flower. IME they strech like hell and you end up with alot of stem in an overcrowded grow space. Good luck

Heck, professor, I am growing ssh and mango and I sure wish I saw your advice! I am still somewhat new and I have my oversights.

I did not prune.

I started with 6 of each and after removing males, have 3 ssh and 5 mango haze. Two ssh's are about 7 feet tall.

One other thing. The mango hazes are not nearly as flowered as the super silver hazes.

Tony

Hi o2b,
You are not alone there my friend, I think most of us learn the hard way with hazes. I recently had SSH that I flipped at 12 inches tall grow into a huge trees over 8ft tall and just as wide at last count. Google nugbuckets method for mainlining seedlings. I find it an excellent method to use on hazes, it just seems to really keep them under control and makes an excellent structure for them to yield well. I now use this method on all of my seedlings.

say professor,

What does it mean to flip at 12"? (Well, I get the 12" part!)

Do you have any comment on my observation about flowering. Wow, are the mangoes taking so much longer to flower!

Tony (o2b)

Hi o2b, by flip I meant change to flowering at 12 inches tall. I havent had much luck finding the mango phenos in the line. I have been getting the hz A leathery phenos. They have had excellent resin and good potency and take 9 to 10 weeks to ripen with good yields. I havent come across any longer flowering pheno's so i cant really help im sorry. I do however have a SSH that takes 12 to 13 weeks atm. So I think it can go either way. Just stick with it first time around until you get to see if the quality is worth the wait...

Ahhh, gotcha.

I flipped after 10 days.

Well, of course, I am just gonna keep 'em growing until the flowers are optimum to pick!

Hey I know what you mean about leathery. I have one like that. It was just weird from the start and so I just assumed if a female (and she is), she would give me a trippy buzz!

The other four are not leathery. They are flowering, but still like not even forming balls (any girth) yet.

Well, as always, thanks professor.

Tony (o2b)

Hey TN, nice to see someone else in Oregon cracking into some MH! I've got some MHI on the way, and I think I'm gonna pop 10 as soon as they get here. I'll be closely following your progress on these. Are you doing a re-amended super soil, or liquid ferts / teas?

o2b - Sounds like you got some SSH beasts! Did they outstretch the Mangos? JJ's right about the training approach for these hazy gals, I've got 3 SSH seed plants getting close to the finish line, they were topped and trained into 6+ branch bushes, flipped around 14-18" and they ended up about 42" give or take.

JJ - Your SSH sounds just as wild--is that the one in your gallery? Nice shots btw, that Mango looks tasty! How many MH beans have you gone thru? 9-10 weeks on all of them is pretty consistent, was that the time for clones? I think I recall reading here that the MHI has more long flowering phenos to be found, I'll be finding out for myself soon enough. :D

Hi hesh, I have only put down about 30 seeds of the MH. I for some reason have had an abundance of the leathery Haze A pheno's and a disproportionate amount of males. Many of the males have been very resinous but have also smelled heavily of old leather. They have however been very consistent at 9 to 10 weeks aeven as clones. I still have a couple of hundred to go through so im not too stressed
No mate I dont have any pics of the ssh atm. I do plan on taking a few when they are ripe and will do a small thread on it. I have a few Angel hearts in atm and to be quite honest they are out shinig the SSH, several have the same heavy resin production that you see in the MHz line. I'm really excited to see how they come out.

That's why I moved from the SSH to the AB precisely because of the reasons you state, plus great flavor and smell. Does take longer though but I'm convinced this will be solidly in the rotation once I can dial it in. A fantastic hybrid!

Aloha
M

Hey Hesh,

Yeah, two of the ssh's are quite a bit taller than the rest. They might be seven feet. Close to the ceiling. I actually tilted my light and they are not directly under it. Heck, sure wish I pruned. It is the other ssh that is most flowered. That one is pretty tall too.

And again...it is something to me how much less flowered all mangoes are compared to the ssh's. I'm a bit anxious on that count.

o2b

Back