Managing autism and adhd with cannabis

Mate, I've checked and I think your pharmacist is pulling your leg. TGA has previously approved people with ASD and ADHD. I can share if you wish. Those 2 conditions are listed on Honalee.... a website for medicinal Cannabis patients.
Early days for me Sundog. I'm slowly piecing together the information I'm getting and going forward with it. I was chatting to the pharmacist about thc levels to be specific, I'm assuming what's available is cbd dominant but you know what they say about assumption lol. This is the show stopper. If you are prescribed thc in NSW you the have to forfeit your licence. So most aren't using thc. You can drive around all day off your head on oxycontin though.
I'll just keep doing what we've all been doing and keep on growing 😁

It was never legal but it only stopped me twice not to grow. I learned the hard way and just started growing my own weed, which I don’t share with anyone to avoid any problems. I don’t even take it on me when I go outside. The stigma is still very alive. But it doesn’t stop me anymore.
In this world, persecution is a regular thing for thousands of years. By laws which were corrected over time, time and time again. If weed is a good medicine improving life quality traditional medicine can’t give, than weed is my prior #1 choice.
My body my choice. :)

My girl always said: at least you have something that expands the quality of life, use it!
I took from the apple and ate it.
I'm a lifetime gardener who loves to think and expand so I totally agree. Just so happens it's causing good health 😁

I was chatting to the pharmacist about thc levels to be specific, I'm assuming what's available is cbd dominant but you know what they say about assumption lol. This is the show stopper. If you are prescribed thc in NSW you the have to forfeit your licence.
It's not just CBD now but THC oil and THC flowers also. I've had about 7 diff strains prescribed now.
No, you don't have to forfeit you license at all,you just can't drive after using cannameds....which can stay in you system for days.

It's not just CBD now but THC oil and THC flowers also. I've had about 7 diff strains prescribed now.
No, you don't have to forfeit you license at all,you just can't drive after using cannameds....which can stay in you system for days.
Thanks Sundog, any information you have would be greatly appreciated. I've decided to press my doctor on the subject and try what's available. I'm a daily vaper so thc is permanently in my system anyway. I seem to be getting a lot of conflicting information from the people I've been chatting to who have been prescribed cannabis. You seem to be all over this so I'll keep you informed of my progress. It would indeed be nice to travel with a legal tub of buds. ☺

I'm fresh from a reset right now Aog365. My search now is for the best medicine. About to start a few Ortega to start from Mr Nice 😄
Just found enough scraps to reset myself a few minutes ago also 😅🤣

Funny I never thought about it as medicine before reading this thread, just really enjoy getting blazed. I have popped some Z7 x newberry so maybe I should be rethinking my selection criteria from a medical point of view.

What are some of the traits that might help with ADHD/autism best? I find myself looking for europhric, creative highs and never been interested in couchlock/knockout effect although creative couchlock can be fine too.

I have a lineup of killingfields, silverfields, critical hz, black widow, la nina, nl5xhz and pink floyd to hunt through, hopefully a few gems in there.

Now to get my chores out of the way on my day off.

Just found enough scraps to reset myself a few minutes ago also 😅🤣

Funny I never thought about it as medicine before reading this thread, just really enjoy getting blazed. I have popped some Z7 x newberry so maybe I should be rethinking my selection criteria from a medical point of view.

What are some of the traits that might help with ADHD/autism best? I find myself looking for europhric, creative highs and never been interested in couchlock/knockout effect although creative couchlock can be fine too.

I have a lineup of killingfields, silverfields, critical hz, black widow, la nina, nl5xhz and pink floyd to hunt through, hopefully a few gems in there.

Now to get my chores out of the way on my day off.
I was much the same, just love getting high or stoned. Now I have a formal diagnoses of ADHD/Autism I'm on the hunt for what works best for me. I find that varies depending on mood.
My wife of 40 years left me about 6 weeks ago and I'm finding heavy indica is soothing me nicely while haze tends to send me down a rabbit hole. When life is running well haze is fine.
Have a few strains in the medicine chest and a fare bit of bubble hash also. NL5 and Blueberry are my go 2s at the moment, very soothing.
Also have Jack Herer and super lemon haze on the sativa side of things but leaving alone for time being.
Have white Rhino and Sour D in the tent at the moment and will start the Ortega outdoors this week maybe.
Generally I find mid range strains the best overall. Mokums Tulip would be my current stand out strain but haven't grown any Mr Nice strains yet. Ortega will be for sleep.

coast.
Previously I was able to grow giants in organic soil under my bedroom window. Bad weather and new neighbors have changed my situation.
Haven't grown indoors for 20 years so have to learn again.

Wish you a great indoor journey.
A VPD chart (there are many on the www)
and a hygrometer/thermometer wouldbe something on the list.
Also a little read up on PPF and DLI could come in.handy especially when using LED.
Whats your setup like right now?

Wish you a great indoor journey.
A VPD chart (there are many on the www)
and a hygrometer/thermometer wouldbe something on the list.
Also a little read up on PPF and DLI could come in.handy especially when using LED.
Whats your setup like right now?
I'm still finishing up the current Ortega grow
Which has been pretty disappointing. I simply don't have enough distance from top of pot to bottom of light. 1.2 metres to be exact.
The elevation required for a flood drain system is robbing me of height.
My next grow is BW which is looking great under T7s. They will be going in soil and I will be using a 600w hps.
I handed out all my cuts to 3 mates. 2 grew under hps and had really nice plants. Myself and another mate used led and have crap.
He has plenty of distance from the lights so it's definitely an led problem.

I'm still finishing up the current Ortega grow
Which has been pretty disappointing. I simply don't have enough distance from top of pot to bottom of light. 1.2 metres to be exact.
The elevation required for a flood drain system is robbing me of height.
My next grow is BW which is looking great under T7s. They will be going in soil and I will be using a 600w hps.
I handed out all my cuts to 3 mates. 2 grew under hps and had really nice plants. Myself and another mate used led and have crap.
He has plenty of distance from the lights so it's definitely an led problem.

What LEDs are in use? Because i wouldve told you to think about getting some, you can have plants in 20cm distance if using LED so that would give some space. Also i would ditch flood and drain for regular pots or smartpots, giving you also more space vs a table.
When you use LED make sure to have a good brand and spectrum. I grow fire ubde LED but it does run things different than bulbs. Not trying to smart ass you but trying to help if possible.Also LED and soil from my experience give you great terps=great medicine...so success may only be a few tweaks away...

Maybe check out this LED manufacturers blog they explain in different scenarios pretty good how you can use LEDs efficiently

Last edited:
What LEDs are in use? Because i wouldve told you to think about getting some, you can have plants in 20cm distance if using LED so that would give some space. Also i would ditch flood and drain for regular pots or smartpots, giving you also more space vs a table.
When you use LED make sure to have a good brand and spectrum. I grow fire ubde LED but it does run things different than bulbs. Not trying to smart ass you but trying to help if possible.Also LED and soil from my experience give you great terps=great medicine...so success may only be a few tweaks away...

Maybe check out this LED manufacturers blog they explain in different scenarios pretty good how you can use LEDs efficiently
At the moment I have a combo of 600w hps on One side and a 300w prow grow dimmable led. Absolute overkill.
Did it this way due to my tent being outside in my workshop so used hps for warmth and kept it at roof height. I plan to run the Widow the same as I did the outdoor Ortega in grow bags. Use hps through our spring then next run through summer use led. Trying to work with my climate 🙃

At the moment I have a combo of 600w hps on One side and a 300w prow grow dimmable led. Absolute overkill.
Did it this way due to my tent being outside in my workshop so used hps for warmth and kept it at roof height. I plan to run the Widow the same as I did the outdoor Ortega in grow bags. Use hps through our spring then next run through summer use led. Trying to work with my climate 🙃

Maybe a 135w Romberg heating mat with thermostat would work better for you (of course it would not make sense with the flood and drain table tho youd need to do pots of some kind) -you could save some watts and have the heat warming your roots and going up traveling along the leaf surface, as heat naturally does, while also gaining some headpsace -so better in all aspects from my point of view. Selling the F&D table would probably give you enough money to get what you need to get the fix.

Hey bro one thing I learnt about led is that the plants prefer the Temps a little higher in the growroom .

Back