Male pollen

golden_eagle

Just curious how long the pollen from male cannabis plants can survive for? I have been told that all pollen can only survive for a few hours once airborne and it looks like a virus under a microscope. Is that true?
If you can store male cannabis pollen what is the best method?

Byorn

MNS Hall of Fame
It can survive for months. Make it wet and its over with. yeah it looks like sperm :ROFLMAO:

you have to dry it. And then it can be frozen in airtight packaging.

quinxstar

MNS Hall of Fame
I've always heard that people freeze it, I never manage to harvest it, it's too volatile
when I make seeds I take the female and rub it on the male or I sew the male on the female

i had try to put some pollen on a box but it's never a success

quinxstar

MNS Hall of Fame
The hardest part for me is isolating the males then collecting the pollen over a glass pane. Some pollen seems to be lighter and more airborne than others.
yes is this part is very difficult

to day i put 3 diesel males in foret for do some cross and few days ago i have put 2 g13skunk X tangie (home cross) on another spot i will come back later with a little clone for do the seeds
i will try to collect a bit of pollen in box i never try with a glass i will try to found something like that is a ggood idea

thanks for the tip

Hanzde

I have read that if you put the male to the females the females notice that and the seed has a better quality if they can do their thing :love: