Longball's 2022 Summer Outdoor Grow Pictorial and Other Nonsense

Lucky, they are not dead...

...the plants, not me! While I was in hospital I was unable to care for the plants. The next week was 95F(34.4C?). Plants needed to be watered 3 times a day and I ran out of water and I can't do any of that shit anyway as I will be out of action a bit longer. Very luckily, my first visitor was a woman I've known for many years. She does not smoke pot and has never grown it, but she is a gardener. After checking on me she asked if my plants needed to be watered. I gave her the key to my house and she watered the plants and came back to the hospital and said she saw different plant foods and asked how to mix them and feed the plants! WTF! Now today is the 26th straight day she has come to house. 3 times a day, a couple hours at a time. I am in a pretty bad way and can't cook, shower, dress, or do pretty much do anything for a while. Can't drive - basically I am pretty much fucked. Not sure what I would do without her! Is she an Angel? I'm not even sure if they are my my plants anymore as she has been doing all the work. Here's how she has the plants looking at this point. Certainly not dead!
opt_P1050764.jpeg

They seem to be doing alright.
opt_Leaf Crop G33.jpeg

This week's nonsense: Went to work the 'Rock The Dock Festival' in Lake George, NY on Friday. Took the woman with me. At the entrance to the festival, I was told that I would be given two free VIP Backstage Passes on the condition that I don't carry anything on stage. The woman was very happy with the Backstage Pass and free food and drink. Who cares? I do that shit every show anyway! But telling a roadie he can go on stage but he can't carry or lift any equipment, well, that's nonsense!
295613187_1098255544130372_3516162321872696829_n.jpg

Longball

I got a woman, she’s so mean
She sticks my boots in the washing machine
Sticks me with buckshot when I’m nude
Puts bubblegum in my food
She’s funny, wants my money, calls me “honey”

When one finds the woman with the golden heart, it’s time to pay attention. My 2 cents

mu

Stayin Alive...

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother
You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin'
And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive (oh)
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive (oh)

Tallest plant in the garden appears to be a G13 x Afghan Skunk F2 male! Both of these plants appear to be male.
GAS opt_P1050787.jpeg

Nice looking Early Queen that topped itself.Both Early Queen's appear to be males. The Medicine Man also appears to be male. Hedged my bets by planting a few fems!
EQ opt_P1050788.jpeg

Elbow coming along ok, in about 6 months I should be fine .
Arm 2.jpg

Longball

Still The Storms

One minute I am minding my business, watering my plants on a balmy, sunny 99F day and and all of a sudden I hear what sounds like a freight train coming by way.
In a New York minute the sky was black, the temperature dropped 30 degrees, the wind was a-howlin, and rain was sliding in sideways. Not much a 'one-armed' man
can do against Mother Nature. I ducked for cover and sat there and cried. They are pretty hardy plants so I reckon they will mostly be ok.
opt_Strm 1.jpeg

opt_Strm 2.jpeg

This week's nonsense: Yeah, that's me, back in my younger days.
alehouse_1-24-04.jpg

Longball

Last edited:
@longball, it’s a pleasure to join along for the season. Sorry to hear about the injury. Good help is hard to find, sure you know that, great news you found some.
Happy plants you growing this year. That G13/Af/Sk f2 male was looking primed up! I just culled my only plant this yr which turned out was a male. I should plant more seeds next time :)
Keep up the good fight, your friend, S&G

Pair of Queens Redux

The pair of Early Queens have grown a bit since post #45. The one on the left somehow went and topped itself. I also suspect it is a male, dagnabit! :mad: The Early Queen on the right is a female and the first one to flower in my garden this year.
opt_EQ Re.jpeg

This week's non-sense: Longball and the Fugly Beanstalk. Can't see the top unless I get on the roof. It's a male, so not long for this world!
opt_Ladder.jpeg

The rest of the garden is doing fine despite being run by two invalids. Neither of us can carry a container, singly or both of us. They sit on the deck and get maybe 3-4 hours of sun a day. Maybe.
opt_dECK aLL.jpeg

Longball

WTH?

It turns out that the big fugly male,in the middle, the one I can't wait to cut down due to it's fuggliness, and it's one thing less to move, fertilize, water, etc. It turns out to be one fugly female!
opt_Fugly Plant .jpeg

She's been fugly since she was born.
opt_Fugly LeavesP1050835.jpeg

Now she's got me wondering what in sweet corn bread hell is this shit? It kind of looks like rotting holes in the stalk. Anyone seen it before?
opt_Hole 1.jpeg

opt_Hole 2(1).jpeg

Pro Photo Tip: Please, please keep your plants out of the picture when taking photos of your feet. They look awful together!
SphagFeet.jpg

Longball

Last edited:
WTH?

It turns out that the big fugly male,in the middle, the one I can't wait to cut down due to it's fuggliness, and it's one thing less to move, fertilize, water, etc. It turns out to be one fugly female!
View attachment 63693

She's been fugly since she was born.
View attachment 63694

Now she's got me wondering what in sweet corn bread hell is this shit? It kind of looks like rotting holes in the stalk. Anyone seen it before?
View attachment 63695

View attachment 63696

Pro Photo Tip: Please, please keep your plants out of the picture when taking photos of your feet. They look awful together!
View attachment 63697
Longball you crack me up! Shame about ya plant though. Dig into it to make sure there’s no evil bastard eating it inside out.

Back