Longball's 2022 Summer Outdoor Grow Pictorial and Other Nonsense

Some more nonsense and this year's lineup. This is what happens when you start a thread 2 months before you have started a seed! ha ha

This first part will mostly be of interest to New York growers. I got a call from Rebekah Ward yesterday. She is a news reporter in the area and her beat is covering the New York State Cannabis Control Board and all things involving the legalization of marijuana in New York. She also has a weekly column in newspaper called 'Green State - NY' keeping people informed as to what is going on. She said that the CCB was having their last public open comment session yesterday and that some lawmakers were hoping that they could push through a law for Medical Marijuana Cardholders(me) to be able to grow 'medical marijuana' very soon, this summer in fact. Contrary to public belief, it is still illegal to grow pot in New York.

She wanted to know if I could give her a good reason why people in the Medical Marijuana Program should be able to grow. Medical benefits! I am allergic to opioids(painkillers) so there are no drugs in the painkiller class to help relieve my chronic pain. At least not here in America. But CBD does help with my pain. However, the cheapest CBD tincture at the dispensary is $70USD for 30mL bottle. Math says that is $2,208USD for a quart of CBD tincture. I explained to her that if could grow my own plant that I could make my own tincture for $50USD a quart. As an old man living on a retirement check, there is a big difference between $50 USD and $2,208USD a quart. She seemed to understand that quite well and thought it was a valid reason to grow medical marijuana for personal use.

We also went over the law proposed for growing - 3 mature plants and 3 immature plants. Not understanding this at all. Maybe y'all can help. If I harvest my 3 mature plants on October 1st, what do I do with my 3 immature plants? The season is over, they will die. You might as well say outdoor growers can only grow 3 plants. We don't have two growing seasons' here. What am I missing? Indoor growers can do this but you will need two of everything. 2 tents, one for 18/6, one for 12/12. And two of everything else needed. Big startup costs for a first-time grower and without knowledgeable help they will have lots of problems. Lawmakers should just settle on a certain number of plants. For example, 6 plants, don't matter mature or immature, 6 plants is your limit. Hell, I could work with 4 plants. Just not 2 mature and 2 immature.

We also went over the possession amount. Right now, it is 84 grams. 3 ounces. That is fine for recreational smokers but what about growers? I explained to Rebekah that the smallest plant I've grown yielded 164 grams. If I grow 3 small plants again, I will have about 500 grams. A felony crime in New York! WTF! So, it will be legal to grow plants but once I cut them and put them into jars it is now a felony crime? Something is wrong with this and she immediately understood it. But, will her or my voice mean anything to the lawmakers? At least I am trying to help get some sensible laws made, that's all I can do! Wish me luck! 😊

Rebekah called me after the Cannabis Control Board meeting/public open comment session and after much hemming and hawing they will hold another public open comment session in 45 days so growing in New York is delayed yet again. Drats!

---------------

This year's lineup. As it still illegal to grow in New York, I will just plant 2 of each and hope I get 3 females.
Medicine Man(MNS)
Gelato 33
Gorilla Glue 4 x Girl Scout Cookies
Early Queen
CBD Shark Shock

Seeds I made:

MALE FEMALE
(G13 x Afghan Skunk) x (G13 x Afghan Skunk)
(G13 x Afghan Skunk) x (Master Kush x Skunk#1)
(G13 x Afghan Skunk) x (Lemon Haze Auto)
(G13 x Afghan Skunk) x (Rosetta Stone)
(G13 x Afghan Skunk) x (Master Kush x Skunk#2)
(G13 x Afghan Skunk) x (Star Dawg)
(G13 x Afghan Skunk) x (Critical Skunk)

All plants were mated with the same selected G13 x Afghan Skunk male. Here is a pic of Mr. & Mrs. G13xAfghan Skunk 'getting it on' in happier times. Shortly after this happy picture was taken Mr. G13xAfghan Skunk was brutally murdered leaving Mrs. G13x Afghan Skunk pregnant with thousands of seeds and no one to help her raise them except........me! :)
Mr G13).jpg

Looks like a Lemon Haze Auto also snuck in there to get a little piece of the action!

Longball

In Mass it’s 12 plants. Although wealthy people and corporations ca grow as many as they want.

it was interesting in Mass when weed went legal. SWAT teams were out town police were on alert. Staties were planning arrrsting intoxicated drivers. Then…nothing happened.
At all. No fights. No crime… nothing happened at all. Even I thought increase in crashes, nope.

strange world

In Mass it’s 12 plants. Although wealthy people and corporations ca grow as many as they want.

it was interesting in Mass when weed went legal. SWAT teams were out town police were on alert. Staties were planning arrrsting intoxicated drivers. Then…nothing happened.
At all. No fights. No crime… nothing happened at all. Even I thought increase in crashes, nope.

strange world
It all because it’s difficult to brainwash stoners. That’s all it’s about.

Photoperiod Girls

Yeah, they are out there too. A Photoperiod Girl stopped by the house the other day and gave me a 'Jack Herer' plant! I thought that was very sweet of her. Now, I officially have something growing this year, YAY! 😘 A friend asked me what is the difference between a Photoperiod Girl and a Autoflower Girl? I explained that is it the same as the difference of the plants. The Photoperiods tend to hang around a bit longer and put out a little more! ;) They are always welcome at my house!

I also just started soaking some seeds - Early Queen, Medicine Man, CBD Shark Shock, Gelato 33, and some G13 x Afghan Skunk F2's that I made. 14 seeds in all. Not a lot, but as the legal limit here is 0(zero) plants, I am trying to stay somewhat within the law!

Jack Herer
Jack Herer CR1.jpg

Bonus nonsense:Coffee table with drink holders.
Guitar Table 9411-D06E8727AF86.jpeg

Longball

Last edited:
Medicine Man

Planted 2, one came up. Will have to hope for the best on this one.

MM Seedling.jpg

Bringing in a 'heavy hitter' to help ensure the seedling is a female. Picture taken at the Saint Kateri National Shrine and Historic Site in upstate New York. Kateri was a full blooded Mohawk American whereas I am only 1/16th. Kateri was the first Native American to be 'Sainted'. She was canonized by Pope Benedict XVI(the Panzer Pope) in 2012. While Kateri passed away in 1680, it is thought that she performed a 2nd miracle in 2006 which allowed her to be 'Sainted'. I will pray to her to make this plant a female.
Webp.net-compress-image(1).jpg

Longball

"Longball...he's a trouble maker!" - musashi

FAIL! :eek:

Was not expecting to go 0 for 12 germinating these plants. They all had little roots when I put them in but after 10 days I don't think I am going to get anything. WTF! :rolleyes:

AG 1A.jpg

Hopefully, smoking this will make me feel a little better.

AG 2A.jpg

Longball

With the October harvest being so far away, it's nice to have a few Autoflower's a couple weeks out. My Mom used to always say; "Son, there are 3 types of people in this world. Those who grow Autoflower's, those who don't, and.." After a nice hearty bowl of Cap'n Chronic in the morning, I could never remember the 3rd one!

Bruce Banner Auto's about 2 weeks out. Nice mid-June harvest. Guess about 3oz per plant.

Auto's.jpg

I gave these plants to a Autoflower Girl and been helping her along. She is SOOO happy with these plants! She is rather pleased with me too! ;) I'm sure I will get 'something' out of all this 'work'!

Longball

Somewhat disappointing...

Only 17 plants came up out of 40 seeds planted. Somewhat disappointing. I gave about half away so this is what I am growing.
Jack Herer
Gelato 33
G13 x Afghan Skunk F2
Early Queen
Medicine Man
CBD Shark Shock
Hopefully, I will get a couple females out of this!
Plants.jpg

More Nonsense: A while back, a friend was telling me that his GF 60th birthday is coming up. He wants to throw a party with ‘the works’. Band, booze, food, edibles, etc. Money is no problem. I tell him I will be more than happy to come eat his food, drink his booze, and party! And then the nonsense; “Of course you can come. I want to hold the party at your house!”. Whoa! Well…the party will be for a girl and she will invite all her friends, sooo…as a betting man, I see an opportunity for a score, so I tell him, my house, my rules! No cover bands or garage band shit. A professional band with original music(a few covers are ok), a professional sound system with soundman, a professional light man, and 1 roadie extraordinaire 😉 He says,”I was hoping you would say that.”

Setting the trap. A little shout out to ‘Hoon’, the soundman. Hoon is here 4 hours before the show setting up. The band is not in sight. Hoon will be here after most are gone too. The musicians get all the love but there is no show without dedicated folks like Hoon or that guy who calls himself Long something or other. Next time one of you girls see a soundman or roadie, give him a big hug 😊 Hoon is wiring up one of the ‘subs’(subwoofer) here. A subwoofer is a speaker that delivers the lower frequencies – specifically 20-200 Hz. The human ear can’t hear the sound between 20-100Hz but you can feel it. These subs can shake the driveway, the house, the garage, you! I call the area in the center of the speakers and wires, the trap. Bait is put in the center of the trap. The bait will be guys with musical instruments, often call a ‘band’. This should attract women who like to party and dance😊
Hoon.jpg

Sound check: The trap has been baited and the women are starting to show up. At this point the only one I know is the girl on the far right, Hula Hoop Jill. She brings a bunch of lighted hula hoops and she and her friends put on a show when it gets dark. They are invited to every party. The Hula Hoop Girls ha ha I am often asked if retirement is boring. The other girls are some of the birthday girl friends. Turns out they are heavy into making their own edibles. The girls bought their own table of edibles with beautiful hand-painted signs labeling them as such. There were brownies, cookies, gummies, and some magic mushrooms.
Snd Chk.jpg

As ‘luck’😉 would have it, this is one of birthday girls favorite bands. Almost looks like a real concert! The band got all the love but none of this happens without folks like Hoon, Eddie, or Longball.
Band.jpg

Party is starting to heat up. Lights are looking good. I had the light guy shine the other light, like on the house, onto the trees behind the band. He hadn’t thought of that and was amazed how awesome it looked. He works indoor shows, I work outdoor shows, together, we will get it right. Try as I might, I could not get a good picture of the trees behind the band.
Lights.jpg

I took this picture during one of the bands ‘cover’ songs; The Doors – Riders On The Storm. They absolutely nailed it. The show was recorded on 4 track by Jon The Taper and Hoon the sound engineer recorded it on 16 track. After they are ‘mixed down’ I will get a copy and see how good Riders On The Storm was 😊 The Birthday Girl had a GREAT time as did everyone else. I met around a dozen women 😊 Of course, everyone wants to know when the next show is. Luckily for me, I am booked for shows thru early September so hopefully no more shows at my house. Maybe a Harvest Fest show. I like to be in different towns each night. Much harder for husbands and boyfriends to track me down! 😉
Riders.jpg

On a more serious note, my good friend Maria, who I’ve known for 30+ years is battling breast cancer. We are putting together a benefit for her this weekend to raise some money to help with her medical expenses. Music from 1pm to 11pm. I was asked to get there at 10am. I have a show the night before in another town but it’s for such a great cause I’ll be there. I’ll be there long after 11pm also. I expect a 14+ hour day. We are all working/playing for free to help Maria as much as possible. I work with so many amazing people it is more like a 14 hour fun-filled adventure than it is like work.
Maria M.jpg

Longball

Sorry for such a quick update. In the hours since I posted, I have a new family member. A 40" Grand Daddy Purple plant. The Birthday Girl stopped by and thanked me for having her party at my house. She left me a plant and a nice bottle of Basil Hayden Small Batch Bourbon! Yummy! Maybe I was a little hasty in that no more parties at my house decision? :)
Webp.net-compress-image(1).jpg

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg

Sorry for of out focus pics, just remembered that camera is set for band pics at night. I will fix that and transplant that GDP which is root bound.

Longball

Dang, if that don’t burn my ass!

Or is it ‘frosts my ass’? My Mom used to use both them sayings. Not sure if they are interchangeable or if there are specific reasons to use one of the other? Anyway, I’m glad that I don’t swear like my Mom! As I posted earlier, I had a terrible germination rate this year – 35%. Been following the ‘Germination’ thread and ,yes, I do all that stuff and generally get a 90% rate, but, this year….

Mother Nature, on the other hand, does not seem to have a problem. I was unable to clean out the containers after last season as I had a broken wrist and did not want to get the cast wet so I left the containers out all winter. While it was a mild winter, we still had a week where the temperature never went above -5F. The January Thaw produced a couple of 50F and 60F days and then a month where it never got above 30F. Of course, these was snow, rain, sleet, freezes, thaws, and what happens? Germination! Went to clean a container for this year’s plants and lo and behold, there are two plants growing in the container! WTF! Not sure what they are but I pollinated all my plants with a male G13 x Afghan Skunk so I know who the father is. Not sure about the trollop. It does appear that seeds can take quite a bit of punishment and still germinate!
Mother Nature.jpg

Plants are doing well in their new home!
Germination.jpg

Update on last week’s Benefit For Maria, a good friend who is battling breast cancer. I got there before 10am and left at 3am. It sounds like a long day at work but it was the most fun-filled day I’ve had in quite a while! 😊
The Benefit was held at ‘Swifty’s’, a small bar/restaurant in the hamlet of Delmar, NY. A place where everyone is family. It was a great day as we were able to raise $10,000USD that day to help Maria with medical expenses!
An awesome job by everyone who made this happen!

Swifty's - a small place with a big heart! 😘

o.jpg

Longball

Lol, Longball. My mom was the opposite, my brother and I used to play the game," let's make mom say the F word." We had a very cold winter with a ton of snow. Im finally getting things in the ground here, night temps should stay above 40f. Nothing seems to go to schedule or as planned, but hey the sun is shining, I have a full belly, and I still can't afford gas, life is good

Female Growers vs Male MNS Award Winner Grower

The 2 plants on the left are from 2 female growers. Grand Daddy Purple on the left, the other is Jack Herer. The GDP was flowering when I got her but since I set her outdoors full time, flowering stopped. Vegging again? The Jack Herer takes as much water as the other 9 plants I have combined! The 2 small plants are the right are mine from Mr. MNS Award Winner who chooses to remain unknown. The plants are of unknown MNS variety as Mr. Award Winner does not have his shit wired tight!
F v M.jpg

Front Row - Early Queen, GAS, Early Queen
Top Row - GAS, Medicine Man, MNS Unknown
Forgot to set out CBD Shark Shock(Damn boy, get your shit wired tight!)
GAS = G13 x Afghan Skunk F2
06 15 MNS.jpg

Beck's Tavern built a new outdoor stage this summer. No more playing inside in Yurts! Everyone busy setting up for the show. Wait! Where the hell is the roadie? Ain't he supposed to be doing this stuff? The lead guitarist is taking the picture, what the hell is the roadie doing?
Beck's 1.jpg

Oh, there he is! Lollygagging! Not doing anything, not carrying anything, it does not look as if there is even a thought going through that pretty little head of his! It is the 1% of buttmunchers like this that give the 99% of good roadies a bad name!
Beck's 2.jpg

Jackson Browne - The Roadie Song

Longball

Back