Longball's 2022 Summer Outdoor Grow Pictorial and Other Nonsense

longball

'21, '23 COE Winner
For many people one of the beauties of living in upstate New York is the 4 distinct seasons. Often called Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. We growers call the 4 seasons:
1) planting season
2) growing season
3) harvest season
4) The Great White Wait. This is the season we are in right now. It is snowing today and we are expected to get 6 inches. ☹

New York has changed some of their Marijuana Laws. It is now legal to possess 84 grams. For growing your own plants, it is legal to grow exactly 0(zero) plants. If you decide to grow more than that legal amount then you will be tracked, hunted down, and arrested as the dirty law-breaking scoundrel that you are. You will get your picture in the newspaper with a story about how you have sinned. You will never get a decent job in this town again. Your only options are dishwasher, carny(carnival worker), band "roadie", or move away and start a new life. In applying for jobs as a dishwasher, carny, or roadie, I have never been asked for a resume or much of anything. At the interview for the job, I am usually asked just a single question; "Can you start work tonight?" That's how I became a 'roadie'.

It is rumored the law will pass late in 2023 to be legal to grow 3 mature plants(and 3 immature plants). So maybe the Winter of 2023/24 for indoor growers and 2024 for outdoor growers. All rumors at this point.

Not sure what I will grow this year. I have 15 strains of seeds and 13 are MNS, so….Shanti once said it is important to pick strains that will finish in your area. Makes sense to me. For this reason, I don't have any strains with Haze or much Sativa in them. For sure some Early Queen, Medicine Man, G13 x Afghan Skunk F2's I made, Gelato 33, CDB Shark Shark - I was reading the description of this the other day and indoor growing was mentioned, as was greenhouse growing, nothing about growing CBD Shark Shock outdoors? Wish me luck! Not sure what else I will grow but I am pretty sure I am getting close to the legal limit in New York(zero plants)!

March 9th, 2022. The Great White Wait!
March 9 22.jpg

Harvest Season - My favorite of the 4 seasons. Deck is now full of life. Critical Skunk, Master Kush x Skunk, G13 x Afghan Skunk.
Critical Skunk,, Master Kush x Skunk,G13 x Afghan Skunk .jpg

Good Luck to All this and every growing Season! 😊

Longball

For many people one of the beauties of living in upstate New York is the 4 distinct seasons. Often called Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. We growers call the 4 seasons:
1) planting season
2) growing season
3) harvest season
4) The Great White Wait. This is the season we are in right now. It is snowing today and we are expected to get 6 inches. ☹

New York has changed some of their Marijuana Laws. It is now legal to possess 84 grams. For growing your own plants, it is legal to grow exactly 0(zero) plants. If you decide to grow more than that legal amount then you will be tracked, hunted down, and arrested as the dirty law-breaking scoundrel that you are. You will get your picture in the newspaper with a story about how you have sinned. You will never get a decent job in this town again. Your only options are dishwasher, carny(carnival worker), band "roadie", or move away and start a new life. In applying for jobs as a dishwasher, carny, or roadie, I have never been asked for a resume or much of anything. At the interview for the job, I am usually asked just a single question; "Can you start work tonight?" That's how I became a 'roadie'.

It is rumored the law will pass late in 2023 to be legal to grow 3 mature plants(and 3 immature plants). So maybe the Winter of 2023/24 for indoor growers and 2024 for outdoor growers. All rumors at this point.

Not sure what I will grow this year. I have 15 strains of seeds and 13 are MNS, so….Shanti once said it is important to pick strains that will finish in your area. Makes sense to me. For this reason, I don't have any strains with Haze or much Sativa in them. For sure some Early Queen, Medicine Man, G13 x Afghan Skunk F2's I made, Gelato 33, CDB Shark Shark - I was reading the description of this the other day and indoor growing was mentioned, as was greenhouse growing, nothing about growing CBD Shark Shock outdoors? Wish me luck! Not sure what else I will grow but I am pretty sure I am getting close to the legal limit in New York(zero plants)!

March 9th, 2022. The Great White Wait!
View attachment 59011

Harvest Season - My favorite of the 4 seasons. Deck is now full of life. Critical Skunk, Master Kush x Skunk, G13 x Afghan Skunk.
View attachment 59012

Good Luck to All this and every growing Season! 😊

Longball
Much thanks and same to you bro. From seeds to the 🌙 🌚 higher heights

Thanks, @Islandgrower! :) I enjoy reading your threads and posts and have learned quite a bit from them, so thanks for posting up your grows and sharing your knowledge with us all!

As a betting man, I would bet that you don't have a 'Great White Wait' season where you live. Wanna bet? ;) Most of the snow from the other day has melted. Tonight we are getting 4-6 inches more. :( Planting season ain't far away! YAY!

Longball

Thanks, @Islandgrower! :) I enjoy reading your threads and posts and have learned quite a bit from them, so thanks for posting up your grows and sharing your knowledge with us all!

As a betting man, I would bet that you don't have a 'Great White Wait' season where you live. Wanna bet? ;) Most of the snow from the other day has melted. Tonight we are getting 4-6 inches more. :( Planting season ain't far away! YAY!

Longball
My winter consists of average day time temps usually 3 to 4 degrees C° cooler 😎 down from an average of 31C° the rest of the year so pretty much no seasons in the common sense of the word.
Downside though is June to November which most years goes ok . Then we have other years which it doesn't as much . But hey you can't have it all. Can't wait for the nhm to get a little bigger to start training.

Islandgrower said: "My winter consists of average day time temps usually 3 to 4 degrees C° cooler 😎 down from an average of 31C° the rest of the year..."

That sounds wonderful! I bet the women don't dress like this. I got to put up with this nonsense 4 months of the year:
Snow_bunny.jpg

I bet the women in your climate dress more like this:
3c59bf1900be1806457e9cf0b2b6c25b.jpg

Good Luck with your NHM grow! :)

Longball

Yup mostly without the snowboots and wearing flip-flops 😁 and walking on white sand beaches .
Islandgrower said: "My winter consists of average day time temps usually 3 to 4 degrees C° cooler 😎 down from an average of 31C° the rest of the year..."

That sounds wonderful! I bet the women don't dress like this. I got to put up with this nonsense 4 months of the year:
View attachment 59035

I bet the women in your climate dress more like this:
View attachment 59036

Good Luck with your NHM grow! :)

Longball

Update:

March 12, 2022

Same shit, different day! I need to move to where Islandgrower is! :love:
Webp.net-compress-image(38).jpg

Instead, I live in this place where the tourist are known to say it's a place "Where the men are men, the women are scarce, and the sheep are nervous!"

new-zealand-where-men-are-men-and-sheep-are-nervous.jpg

Longball

Update:

March 12, 2022

Same shit, different day! I need to move to where Islandgrower is! :love:
View attachment 59082

Instead, I live in this place where the tourist are known to say it's a place "Where the men are men, the women are scarce, and the sheep are nervous!"

View attachment 59083

Longball
In all fairness I would love a chance to veg outdoors for some monsters but hey we all have positives and negatives in our respective areas.

In the news today, more New York nonsense.....

"The state's first retail marijuana licenses will go to those convicted of marijuana-related crimes."

:... a plan announced last week by Gov. Kathy Hochul might be one of the worst. Under the plan, the state's first licenses for retail marijuana stores will go to applicants who have been convicted of marijuana-related possession and distribution, or have family members convicted of the same.

To put it another way: A person who has followed the law is ineligible for a license, at least initially, unless the person is fortunate enough to have a relative who broke the law. Those who followed the law, or at least weren't caught, will have to wait.

Gov. Hochul and the state's Office of Cannibis Management want the benefits of marijuana legalization to accrue to neighborhoods that suffered the most under its criminalization. But poor minority neighborhoods didn't suffer under criminalization only because police arrested so many residents for possession and for dealing. They suffered because drug dealers were often part of larger criminal enterprises that violently protected market share. They suffered because homes and entire blocks were turned over to the drug trade and the terrible things that came with it.

And now the state wants to reward some of the dealers?"

It appears to me that if you are a convicted marijuana felon, you may sell marijuana out of a store front. Have to figure they are pretty lucky people and the law is the law. For me, an old man, in chronic pain, and a part of the Medical Marijuana Program, if I grow some plants, which is still illegal, and I get caught, I get to go to prison! On the bright side, after I get out of prison, I will be able to sell marijuana in a store! :)

Did a bit of math the other day. The cheapest CBD tincture at the Medical Dispensary is 70USD for 30mL. That is 2,207USD for a quart(32oz). If I grow a plant, I can make my own CBD tincture for 50USD a quart! I guess they don't like guys like me, living on a retirement check, saving over 2,000USD a quart. Just more nonsense for you....

Longball

Back