Light for the summer Veg style for mommy´s, seedlings and clons

fumeke

Hi everybody!
I am just about to set up a vegging room with a REALLY small budget, it will have to be for mommas, clons and seedlings, where well I have like 0,75m2 surface, and a height of 60/70 cms aprox. I have done this before but kind a long ago when cfl didn´t even exist, so I used a combination of warm/cold neons...well I know if I go to a grow shop I will get anything but I will have to pay kinda a lot and since my budget is really low and the porpouse of the veg-grow room/box is just to pass the summer without losing genetics, to keep my mommas and also to develop some clons and seedling, that will throgh them outdoor, or for the indoor I am planning for september, due to heat for HPS.

I live in a really small town so I can only use what I can buy in an electric supplies shop and in a chinese store where you can buy almost anything. I have seen those 21w with 2700C and 6500C at the chinese store for a price of about 2 Euros a piece, although I don´t know if they are cfl, it says on the pack Cfp, anybody knows if they would work just as fine?
I am not really sure if this is the same or won´t really work for what I am trying to set up. I have also seen at the local electric supplies store general electrics 25w neon round 6500C and 2700C but cost way more, 15euros each, and at that point I would rather go to the grow shop and buy an agrolite Cfl for 30 euros or so...
At this point I have a neon cold light not really big I think it has to be like 18w, what should I get?? Another warm neon and some of the chinese lighs will work ? :) Feel free to add anything...

Thanks

Fumeke

Hi everybody!
I am just about to set up a vegging room with a REALLY small budget, it will have to be for mommas, clons and seedlings, where well I have like 0,75m2 surface, and a height of 60/70 cms aprox. I have done this before but kind a long ago when cfl didn´t even exist, so I used a combination of warm/cold neons...well I know if I go to a grow shop I will get anything but I will have to pay kinda a lot and since my budget is really low and the porpouse of the veg-grow room/box is just to pass the summer without losing genetics, to keep my mommas and also to develop some clons and seedling, that will throgh them outdoor, or for the indoor I am planning for september, due to heat for HPS.

I live in a really small town so I can only use what I can buy in an electric supplies shop and in a chinese store where you can buy almost anything. I have seen those 21w with 2700C and 6500C at the chinese store for a price of about 2 Euros a piece, although I don´t know if they are cfl, it says on the pack Cfp, anybody knows if they would work just as fine?
I am not really sure if this is the same or won´t really work for what I am trying to set up. I have also seen at the local electric supplies store general electrics 25w neon round 6500C and 2700C but cost way more, 15euros each, and at that point I would rather go to the grow shop and buy an agrolite Cfl for 30 euros or so...
At this point I have a neon cold light not really big I think it has to be like 18w, what should I get?? Another warm neon and some of the chinese lighs will work ? :) Feel free to add anything...

Thanks

Fumeke

high man, if you can afford about $100.00USD you could go with a 220watt PL-L setup which is a relatively new type of CFL where the ballast is remoted and the bulbs are u-shaped rather than spiraled.

in the pics below you will see a Fulham Workhorse 8 ballast which is rated at a max of 220 watts and 2x 55watt bulbs so that ballast can power 4 of them.

picture.php

picture.php

if you'd like to go that route and you need any information on wiring or sourcing the components online let me know and i'll post up some links.

...now if that is outside your budget then the cheapest way to go would be to just use common CFL's that can be found anywhere and are inexpensive to buy and if you go to a local builders supply house you can find an ordinary bathroom vanity fixture for small money that will allow you to hang multiple low-wattage bulbs (23's and 26's are the easiest to find here) of varying Kelvin color temps so you can truely tweak your spectrum.

...this fixture below i found at a local discount builders supply for $4.88USD back when i was first starting out and at that time i bought 4 of them, lol.

picture.php

...note the splitters that turn a 4 bulb fixture into an 8 bulb fuxture.

and here is a shot showing 3 of them in play.

picture.php

hope this helps.

peace, SOG

Thanks Mate!!

Thank you very much, for the input! I think I will go for the cheaper kind and I will eventually add some of those neon you mentioned first.
Thanks again for that priceless info. :)

Fumeke

Hey fumeke,

If you can get a T5. They are the best addition I have addEd and can be used for a mulitude of things. Maybe a bit too expensive and hard to find for ya but it would deff be worth the investment.

Best Regards

sXi

Back