Lets get taboo! The fem question.

Would you want MNS to produce feminized seeds?

• Total voters
the more I learn, the more I want regs because I feel it's important to save genetics, MNS strains in particular because they are the foundation of most of what is out there, and some landraces as well. It's becoming a personal mission, regs are required, essential. Trying many different strains at once because I want to try it all, now that I understand things generally, I feel the next step is to pheno hunt, use a whole pack of whatever I'm interested in .

Finally something making sense. Thanks, I was losing hope.

My opinion of course- but in a burger king world of constant over-gratification, Mr Nice maintains relevance. The dude abides.
Different strokes for different folks. There is definitely utility and convenience in fems and clones that speaks to practicality in certain situations but IMJ, it negates the ā€œspiritualā€ benefits that come from growing regular seed. There is something about the experience of planting regular seeds by the moon that embraces the yin/yang of it all. Discovery can be the most gratifying part of growing for many.
But @Deach69 has it: many begin with autos then move on once growing skills are accumulated and curiosity aroused. As the world continues to negate the male, the importance of males cannot be overstated. In essence, they are critical for the continuation of life and the sustaining of balance and diversity. /r
Seriously, when people suggest Shanti offer fems, clones etc.. have they considered the real-world business aspect and impact, the sheer scale of the request? Why change horses? In the meantime, I am glad that Mr Nice is not like burger king. Shanti continues to offer genuine value in a world of duplication. Why borg it all up? Besides you can still get many of his "fems" through other companies under their names. BTW, I thought that Mohan Ram was tasty ;) It's all good braddahs as everyone knows that homemade "borgers" are the best lol!

ā€œPractice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.ā€ Malcolm Gladwell

mu

I agree that MNS should not feminize THC seeds. The few feminized for the CBD line makes sense. As Mu mentioned, Iā€™m an example of that progression.
I started in hydroponic and autoflower, learned and grew into organic soil and feminized, then saw one of Scottā€™s Podcast/interview, with Seedsman I think, where he explained the reason for regular seeds for breeders. That interview got me to MNS and learning through regular seeds is a joy.
However, hold onto your jockstraps sport fans, šŸ˜² I do feminize the winner of each MNS strain that I grow. Iā€™m just an almost 60 yr old hobbyist, so this allows me to pick what I determined was the best or most desired traits, and replicate them for myself via feminized seeds to hasten the future grow projects.
IMHO
ā˜®ļø šŸ¤™

Sep 2020
Actually it is amazing how few seed companies produce their own seeds and how many do not even have mother and/or father plants in reality. I would say embarrassing it the truth be known. Even companies that I worked with directly like Resin Seeds, does not even have a mother room or produced 1 seed in all the years i have been working the CBD crew. Resin seed did not even know what was in their own make up of their plants until Canna did a free lab test one year back in 2007/2008 and identified a CBD dominant plant which was actually selected by a guy who worked for them, Freeman. All the claims of Cannatonic being the father of the CBD movement are just that since it was not even Cannatonic that was used to make Recovery CBD parent. Then you add the stories that certain seed companies make up to fit their current situations....it is purely for marketing!
The reality of seed production and seed breeding are really 2 separate jobs that need skills for different things.
Female seeds has reduced the skills of breeding seeds since you do not need to understand anything about the male plant if you do not want to...just spray a few of the chosen females and use their own reversed pollen to pollinate a crop to make female seed. It is a technique from the watermelon industry that has been adapted to the Cannabis Seed industry...most anyone who follows instructions can produce female seed...but not all will be equally good....they will just be female plants which reduces the work for specific flower growers.Not plants to breed with.
But it is not my intention to put any company down but since MNS crew have been making all their own seed since the beginning and seeing how many companies agreed to get CBD bred into their strains and seeds produced and purchased from us, well it allowed us to at least supply reliably bred seed for these companies to begin with....now most have the technical understanding some years later...they begin to make their own such as Dinafem etc...

This is just the side of the CBD business collaborations back in 2014.
Apr 2014
CBD crew official Seed Company collaborators.

Hi All

Sorry been full steam ahead the past 6 months with some great collaborations especially with CBD crew and other Seed companies.

So to dispel all future questions here is the list officially and strain names CBD crew is exclusively making for each major Seed company with their exclusive mother plants lines.
1. Dutch Passion buy CBD Skunk Haze and resell it under their label. CBD crew also make CBD Kush exclusively for DP ...look for the numbered hologram stickers for authenticity.
2. Paradise Seed Company have CBD Sensi Star and CBD Durga Mata exclusively made from our CBD crew production facility.
3. Barneys Farm have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list soon, plus they buy 2 CBD crew existing strains and relabel them under their label.
4. Positronics have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list soon, plus they buy 2 CBD crew existing strains and relabel them under their label.
5. Roor Seeds re-label CBD Mango Haze under their label.
6. Dinafem have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list soon, plus they buy 2 CBD crew existing strains and relabel them under their label.
7. Medical Seeds have 1 exclusive being lab tested and will have it on their list soon.
8. Eva Seeds have 1 exclusive being lab tested and will have it on their list soon.
9. Grassomatic and CBD crew collaborated and released jointly CBD Medigom 1.0 last September 2013, and continue to work on new CBD enriched autoflowering strains ...in collaboration.
10. Serious Seeds have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list before the end of 2014.
11. Cannabia Seed Company have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list before the end of 2014.
12. TH Seeds have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list before the end of 2014.
13. Bulk Seed sales of CBD crew products also began this last 6 months but we only guarantee CBD enriched seed sold if illustrating an official CBD crew hologram with numbers...or ask us directly to verify if it is official CBD crew authentic seed.

So hopefully this is a full updated list since after Spannabis 2014.

All the best shantibaba

mu

Iā€™m hurting for space and time, Iā€™d love to grow his whole catelog, I own most.. Iā€™d really love to be able to grow 2 fem seeds of each of his strains and have all star phenos but I donā€™t see how that would be economically rewarding for him with everyone stealing his genes so easily..

However, hold onto your jockstraps sport fans, šŸ˜² I do feminize the winner of each MNS strain that I grow. Iā€™m just an almost 60 yr old hobbyist, so this allows me to pick what I determined was the best or most desired traits, and replicate them for myself via feminized seeds to hasten the future grow projects.
IMHO
ā˜® šŸ¤™
:unsure:
I have to admit, I didn't realize Fems gave a better chance at keeping the mothers desired genes. I like your strategy. At the moment I am pollinating my plants for the future, but feminizing the winners (those plants who tick most of my boxes) isn't a bad idea IMO. Although in the end I'll likely keep going with the seeds I purchased from Shanti. I do think the shit could hit the fan in many different ways globally, making it difficult to get seeds, who knows. (that being said, sometimes you have to crack an egg in order to bake a cake)

Iā€™m hurting for space and time, Iā€™d love to grow his whole catelog, I own most.. Iā€™d really love to be able to grow 2 fem seeds of each of his strains and have all star phenos but I donā€™t see how that would be economically rewarding for him with everyone stealing his genes so easily..
I really like the way he has set things up, kind of a righteous way of doing things and I'm guessing from what I see, that it worked out beautifully for all. He pretty well gives it all away through his auctions, gains a strong following, community and business grows exponentially. I can't see how feminizing his strains could be a benefit to him, meanwhile folks like us are making sure his work goes on indefinitely. I would definitely try HIS femmed strains if ever available though :)

@sneakyfeck and @DannyTwoJoints , what is so special about CBD PH?

Ah, the bird in handā€¦

Get a pack of NL5xHz in the ground and find that Strawberry Cough!

ā€œThe proof is in the seedā€

mu

This goes more to the point of the fem seeds In my opinion.

NL5XHAZE in musashi's mind, a prized pheno is strawberry cough. While I personally am looking for more/better (Which we all know is subjective). Being as we'll find phenos all over the place in Shantibaba's crosses, people are almost guaranteed to find something they like. The question still remains though, as to what Scott sees as the pinnacle of each cross.

I get the whole instant gratification and easier to knock off his work arguments, but who's to say we'll share the same opinion with Scott/Shanti? And remember this is the marijuana biz. Everyone who makes something worthwhile gets knocked off. Companies made their name just by crossing widow to other strains for sometime back in the day. Nothing new.

What I find great in NL5XHAZE might be closer to what he intended for afghanxhaze. Or it could even be viewed as some midgrade off pheno by him, who knows?

I'm fairly certain we don't share the same opinions in the taste department. Last joint I read about Shanti burning, had 2 different types of weed 3 different types of hash and all dipped in oil. Why even bother with the weed at this point? I'm sure he couldn't taste it. I'd be surprised if he could even feel his face when he was done with that one.

I think you sativa lovers are afraid he'd release some fem seed of your prized 15 week haze. A plant that does all that and more in 8 weeks. Then to witness some noobie grower be on the forum like " first grow, winner winner chicken dinner!".šŸ˜†

To me, these crosses are more like art. With whatever sample size we're given, we walk away with our own impression. Unlike the most famous artists, the creator of the gallery we continue to tour is still alive. It'd be great to get his interpretation (even if just a write up on his harem).

Screenshot_20230221_093907_Samsung Internet.png

So this whole Strawberry Cough thing being a pheno of NL5 x Haze is some sort of well known fact I had never heard prior to these posts lol?? šŸ˜‚

I know Iā€™m a newb but I didnā€™t realize the two were connected. Other than hearing about the pheno in a Kushman YouTube video I know very little about it. Would love to try it some day tho!

So this whole Strawberry Cough thing being a pheno of NL5 x Haze is some sort of well known fact I had never heard prior to these posts lol?? šŸ˜‚
No, I think Mu was kidding around about that. If you look at the supposed lineage there are at least a few different strains involved in making the clone only Strawberry Cough

No, I think Mu was kidding around about that. If you look at the supposed lineage there are at least a few different strains involved in making the clone only Strawberry Cough
Ohh šŸ˜Æ oops šŸ™Š. Like I said I know little to nothing of the strain / lineage.

Ohh šŸ˜Æ oops šŸ™Š. Like I said I know little to nothing of the strain / lineage.
One good place to look up lineage is to google the strain then add seedfinder to it. It'll take you to the seedfinder site and show a variety of information on it. The information is usually good but keep in mind it's still the internet šŸ™‚

Back