LB's 2021 Summer Grow Pictorial

@Shrimp&Grits said: ". Thinking of taking either EQ or ES to F2 to make chasing the Early phenos easier."

Hey, that's a great idea, S&G! Why didn't I think of that? :unsure: I hope that you can convince your friend to let you borrow a small spot of earth for the cause! :) That would be awesome! Any plans what you are growing next?

Longball

MALES

The deck grow has 6 males and 6 females. I think I will try to make some seeds this year. Not quite breeding as my only tools are a deck, plants, Mother Nature, a broken wrist, and a lot of ignorance! Just let nature take it's course. However, with 6 males and 6 females I can't just have a free-form orgy on the deck, I won't know what the hell I have so I need to select a single male. Wait! Orgy on the deck? :) Ummm, nevermind! The selection of this male will be based on a lack of experience and a whole lot of ignorance! With a little bit of luck, that can be a winning combination!

The contestants, from left to right: 1 - Bananium, the fastest out of the gate but everyone has caught up, 2- Critical Skunk, tall and strong like that deck growing jamoak, 3 & 4 - both Early Queen(no female on deck) the one one the right looks as much female as my females, 5 - unknown in orange bucket, friend asked if he could leave it here as wife said "Get It Out Of Here', turned out to be a male with a umm, thick stalk, 6 - G13xAfSk, has some big ass fan leaves and fan leaves are good for energy and energy is good for banging broads on the deck!

The females are: Rosetta Stone(femmed), Star Dawg, Master Kush x Skunk(2), Critical Skunk, G13 x AfSk. The number one thing I would look for is potency and if Mother Nature has her way all will be seeded.

Which male would you choose?

View attachment 53011

Longball
I LOVE this picture!

@Shrimp&Grits said: ". Thinking of taking either EQ or ES to F2 to make chasing the Early phenos easier."

Hey, that's a great idea, S&G! Why didn't I think of that? :unsure: I hope that you can convince your friend to let you borrow a small spot of earth for the cause! :) That would be awesome! Any plans what you are growing next?

Longball
Great idea

Rounding the last turn at the top of the homestretch

In hindsight, so glad that I had decided to grow tiny plants this year. So much easier to move around to the sun in general, and much easier with this broken wrist! No topping, training, or anything done except to make sure they were tiny. First time growing MNS seeds and was curious what tiny MNS plants would look like in their 'natural' state. Next year's MNS plants will be tiny, topped, and made bushier.
View attachment 54313

Same plants. New Detergent. Ancient Chinese secret.
View attachment 54319

Longball
Every year I start them later and prune them harder. Those look perf size.

@Cannalicous said: "Now which one is the most sexy? Sexyness all over the place..."

The one to my left in the picture, Northern Lights. She was one hot tamale! Very easily multi-orgasmic! Have let people sample her and now everyone wants a piece of her! But, no, no, no, she's all mine! She's a keeper. :love: Wish I had taken some clones of her!
View attachment 54784

Longball
No cutting ! No reveg! longball No! Tell me it’s not true!

The unknown male in the orange bucket.
Why ?
Look at the branching structure, it will help improve yield on anything you hit it with.
Lots of pure sats (that is obviously a sat/indi hybrid) have that style of branching and it makes for a huge yield.
Potency doesn't matter, nor does taste/smell, you can easily breed those back in (trainwreck or g13 for potency and blueberry/sweet tooth for flavor/smell).
Interesting

Star Dawg

This is a clone I was gifted on June 4th. I certainly thanked the person for such a kind act and asked her if she knew the plant was badly root bound and that there was at least one million spider mites on the plant! WTF! This is only a 4-inch plant! After watching her face contort into expressions of first, puzzlement, then horror, then disgust, she blurts out, "Maybe that is why 70 of my 74 clones look like they are dying and have webbing on them!". Yeah, maybe. I was too busy to do anything with the plant as I had 2 bands in the yard and a 100 people running around my house that day, so I put the plant on the furthest part of my property and figured I'd burn all the damn mites in a camp fire some night and be done with those bastages. {Edit:} *A quick sidetrack guys, but growing related. Grocery stores and laundromats are certainly some of the best places to meet women(Source: me, and of course, n2ishun). However, having bands in your yard is also a great way to meet women! I like that the women are already at my house and my bed is much closer than it is when I am at the grocery store!

The best part of having a band in your yard? Women come to YOUR house and start drinking alcohol, smoking weed, getting ready to dance! And Party! They start Movin' & Groovin', a little Shake, Rattle, and Roll, yeah, that's the fine life, and it's all happening at YOUR house. You don't get that shit in the grocery store! 😊 I look for the women that are dancing in a manner that my grandmother would call "Lewd & Lascivious". How many times do you see that in a grocery store? At My/Your house, this is encouraged! Nowadays, some people may call it 'sexy' and some people may call it inappropriate, or politically incorrect. Whatever they call it, they will sue each other for some violation of rights. In the meantime, I will invite one of these 'Lewd & Lascivious' dancers to stay the night! {Edit}

What's all this got to do with growing? Talk to, or dance with, all the quieter grooving girls you are attracted to , who you will need more than one night to know, and see which one might like an autoflower. They smoke pot, that's why you invited them, they might like an autoflower(this is the growing part). At some point, that woman that you are attracted to will call you and invite you over! It's not too hard to get bands to play in your yard for free. Next free party is June 25th, love to see @Kryppler here as we have the edibles. They won't send him to the med tent in a coma as there is no med tent. But we would lay him out in the far meadow with a million fireflies! We will also check him frequently to make sure he is on his stomach!

After a couple days of recovery from the party, I go check on the Star Dawg. Damn thing is still living. Doesn't look good, but still fighting to survive! And loaded with spider mites! She didn't just curl up and die but fought the 'good fight' against insurmountable odds so I decided to help her. She is determined to survive, no matter the odds. A trait I admire! First, I set her in the shade, and being root bound, I put her in a bigger pot with much better soil, always a good thing. Next, I cut off all the horribly infected leaves, then I sprayed her with a 50% mix of rubbing alcohol and water. I sprayed near a quart of this on her and I thought she would die from bending over from being so wet. She was only 4 inches! I then rubbed every square inch of her between my fingers. Top and bottom of leaves, everything. Don't know if it helps scientifically but I had every square inch of this plant between my fingers hoping to rub off or squish every spider mite and egg cell! After 4 evenings of this and checking her with a 60x jeweler's loupe every morning I let her back in the sun. She grew for the next week so I transplanted her into her final pot. During the transplanting I noticed that the root ball on this little plant was a big as a softball or grapefruit! The root ball was near as big as the the plant! WTF! I will keep you updated on this Star Dawg plant for better or worse!

She is looking better now!
View attachment 51958

Longball
I like the way you roll

Thanks,@Dog! :) I wish I had a cool name like Dog! How did you end up with the name Dog? I got the name Longball from playing soccer baseball, though friends I grew up with in the 'hood still call me 'Nutsy Friggins'.
Forgot the story behind that one. ;)

Longball

2021 Redux

I had to go back and revisit this grow because when I moved 2022’s plants into the garage this year, I had the same problem that I had the year before, and I wondered if maybe I had mentioned it. Nope. I also noticed I that didn’t end the thread cleanly either. Always good to close a thread. On the car forums I am on, someone will start a thread about a problem they are having. 20 people will offer solutions and that is the end of thread. WTF? What was the solution? (Please)Thank the person for the solution and end the thread. Then I could copy and paste the question and answer and if I ever had that problem then I would know what to do. 😉 Growing is like that. Thanks to @Fish for showing us his problem. We can all learn something from this if that information is shared(Hi Fish 😊).

This was my first Mr. Nice Seeds grow so we will see how it finished. Here are the plants when I moved them into the garage to finish them. I figured 3-10 days for the different plants. Usually, I’d have to chop the plants pretty soon but when musashi got us a deal on grow lights I jumped at the chance to maybe have a chance to finsih my plants in the garage with all the PM and bud rot we get in our very short grow season. Immediately, I had a problem. And the problem was...
opt_TI GAR 2 P1040885.jpeg

…the problem was…these fargin icehole jerk-offs(@Mr. Brown, how do you say ‘fargin icehole jerk-offs’ in German?),…worms! I grew the plants all year, why was I seeing worms as soon as soon I set the plants indoors? That’s why I put them indoors! To save them from insects, worms, and weather! Are worms, insects? I dunno, I say kill them all, when it comes to my plants. This is where science meets philosophy and theology. Do I kill all these jerk-offs or do I pray to someone who is invisible, and that I will never see or hear, and ask ‘Him(?)’ to take care of the worms? Or? Do I ask my best friend, who is pretty good with words, and can pretty much sum up the meaning of life in a single sentence? My best friend says to me; “Shit in one hand, and pray into the other hand, see which one fills up first.” Well, I prayed, and I still had the worms! ☹When I looked at my other hand, like a miracle, it was full of worm castings! My friend was right! Sadly, this did not help with worms eating my plants.
WORM MK 2020 2 P1030701.JPG

This is right before I chopped them. We can see that the lights musashi suggested really helped fill out the buds. The goal for this season was to grow the smallest plants I’ve ever grown. They were all 5-6 feet which was what I wanted. The tallest plant, front right, was Star Dawg. Right behind it is Rosetta Stone. The smallest plant and not impressed with it at all. The 3rd plant on the right and the 2nd tallest is Mr. Nice Seeds Critical Skunk. On the left, the first two are Master Kush x Skunk, the last one is G13 x Afghan Skunk. I found these strains of Mr. Nice Seeds easy to grow. Put them in good soil and let them do their thing. Most of what you see is Mr. Nice. I thought they came out pretty nice. I remember taking this picture and being a little sad. Not because I was chopping them, but, because the plants were so small that this would be the smallest harvest I’d ever had and was not sure that it would be enough til next year. Luckily the buds were nice and chunky. At the time it was legal to possess 84 grams of pot. Can you believe the harvest weighed exactly 83.9 grams? ;)
opt_2021 Plants Y P1040987.jpeg

Sadly, all my Early Queens were males. I will try again in 2022. After a bit if a cure I did end up with these fine Mr. Nice products! 🤩

Critical Skunk
CRITICAL 3 P1050159.JPG

Master Kush x Skunk #2
opt_MKxS2 .jpeg

G13 x Afghan Skunk
opt_G13 x Af Sk #2  P1060847.jpeg

Master Kush x Skunk #1
opt_MK x SK1_P1050714 1.jpeg

Happy Growing! 🥰

Last edited:
2021 Redux

I had to go back and revisit this grow because when I moved 2022’s plants into the garage this year, I had the same problem that I had the year before, and I wondered if maybe I had mentioned it. Nope. I also noticed I that didn’t end the thread cleanly either. Always good to close a thread. On the car forums I am on, someone will start a thread about a problem they are having. 20 people will offer solutions and that is the end of thread. WTF? What was the solution? (Please)Thank the person for the solution and end the thread. Then I could copy and paste the question and answer and if I ever had that problem then I would know what to do. 😉 Growing is like that. Thanks to @Fish for showing us his problem. We can all learn something from this if that information is shared(Hi Fish 😊).

This was my first Mr. Nice Seeds grow so we will see how it finished. Here are the plants when I moved them into the garage to finish them. I figured 3-10 days for the different plants. Usually, I’d have to chop the plants pretty soon but when musashi got us a deal on grow lights I jumped at the chance to maybe have a chance to finsih my plants in the garage with all the PM and bud rot we get in our very short grow season. Immediately, I had a problem. And the problem was...
View attachment 69718

…the problem was…these fargin icehole jerk-offs(@Mr. Brown, how do you say ‘fargin icehole jerk-offs’ in German?),…worms! I grew the plants all year, why was I seeing worms as soon as soon I set the plants indoors? That’s why I put them indoors! To save them from insects, worms, and weather! Are worms, insects? I dunno, I say kill them all, when it comes to my plants. This is where science meets philosophy and theology. Do I kill all these jerk-offs or do I pray to someone who is invisible, and that I will never see or hear, and ask ‘Him(?)’ to take care of the worms? Or? Do I ask my best friend, who is pretty good with words, and can pretty much sum up the meaning of life in a single sentence? My best friend says to me; “Shit in one hand, and pray into the other hand, see which one fills up first.” Well, I prayed, and I still had the worms! ☹When I looked at my other hand, like a miracle, it was full of worm castings! My friend was right! Sadly, this did not help with worms eating my my plants.
View attachment 69719

This is right before I chopped them. We can see that the lights musashi suggested really helped fill out the buds. The goal for this season was to grow the smallest plants I’ve ever grown. They were all 5-6 feet which was what I wanted. The tallest plant, front right, was Star Dawg. Right behind it is Rosetta Stone. The smallest plant and not impressed with it at all. The 3rd plant on the right and the 2nd tallest is Mr. Nice Seeds Critical Skunk. On the left, the first two are Master Kush x Skunk, the last one is G13 x Afghan Skunk. I found these strains of Mr. Nice Seeds easy to grow. Put them in good soil and let them do their thing. Most of what you see is Mr. Nice. I thought they came out pretty nice. I remember taking this picture and being a little sad. Not because I was chopping them, but, because the plants were so small that this would be the smallest harvest I’d ever had and was not sure that it would be enough til next year. Luckily the buds were nice and chunky. At the time it was legal to possess 84 grams of pot. Can you believe the harvest weighed exactly 83.9 grams? ;)
View attachment 69720

Sadly, all my Early Queens were males. I will try again in 2022. After a bit if a cure I did end up with these fine Mr. Nice products! 🤩

Critical Skunk
View attachment 69721

Master Kush x Skunk #2
View attachment 69722

G13 x Afghan Skunk
View attachment 69723

Master Kush x Skunk #1
View attachment 69724

Happy Growing! 🥰
Awesome @longball (Longbud).

2021 Redux

View attachment 69718

…the problem was…these fargin icehole jerk-offs(@Mr. Brown, how do you say ‘fargin icehole jerk-offs’ in German?),…worms! I grew the plants all year, why was I seeing worms as soon as soon I set the plants indoors? That’s why I put them indoors! To save them from insects, worms, and weather! Are worms, insects? I dunno, I say kill them all, when it comes to my plants. This is where science meets philosophy and theology. Do I kill all these jerk-offs or do I pray to someone who is invisible, and that I will never see or hear, and ask ‘Him(?)’ to take care of the worms? Or? Do I ask my best friend, who is pretty good with words, and can pretty much sum up the meaning of life in a single sentence? My best friend says to me; “Shit in one hand, and pray into the other hand, see which one fills up first.” Well, I prayed, and I still had the worms! ☹When I looked at my other hand, like a miracle, it was full of worm castings! My friend was right! Sadly, this did not help with worms eating my plants.
View attachment 69719

View attachment 69720

Critical Skunk
View attachment 69721

Master Kush x Skunk #2
View attachment 69722

G13 x Afghan Skunk
View attachment 69723

Master Kush x Skunk #1
View attachment 69724

Happy Growing! 🥰

I tried my best to find a translation for 'fargin icehole jerk-offs' but we have nothing comparable in German :confused:
But a wise man once told me how to get rid of worms. Burn down the house, collect the money from the insurance and build a new worm free house ;)

Keep it green and worm free
MB

2021 Redux

View attachment 69718

View attachment 69719

View attachment 69720

Critical Skunk
View attachment 69721

Master Kush x Skunk #2
View attachment 69722

G13 x Afghan Skunk
View attachment 69723

Master Kush x Skunk #1
View attachment 69724

Happy Growing! 🥰
Beautiful plants LB… but I don’t see a single foot in those photos 😉 😆

2021 Redux

View attachment 69718

View attachment 69719

View attachment 69720

Critical Skunk
View attachment 69721

Master Kush x Skunk #2
View attachment 69722

G13 x Afghan Skunk
View attachment 69723

Master Kush x Skunk #1
View attachment 69724

Happy Growing! 🥰
Thanks @longball!
Nothing nastier than picking worm fesces out of buds.😤
You can only hope that they dont get the runners... 🏃‍♂️

Did you have a favorite girl to smoke from the '21 season?

Greetings!

@Swifty said: "Nothing nastier than picking worm fesces out of buds.😤 Did you have a favorite girl to smoke from the '21 season?

Hello Swifty! :)

Before I started growing in '19, I read an article that worms would set up house in your colas and basically fill them up with feces. When you went to break the cola open you would get a bunch of brown gooey shit in your buds. Not sure if it was true as I did not make it up myself. In that picture it sure looks like he drilled a hole into that cola. Nasty things!

My favorite from the '21 season was the Master Kush x Skunk #1. You can see from the picture that she was very different from the rest. The others, while somewhat different, were also quite similar in many ways. The MKS #1 looked like it came from another planet compared to the others.

Longball

Last edited:
Back