Landrace seeds

Hi,
Not sure if it's allowed to post a link to another seed Co here but here it is:
Hope I won't be caught by the patrol šŸ¤«

They claim 20 to 30 % THC that sounds suspicious to me.....

No landraces were that potent in the 1970s... read the book Marijuana Chemistry by Starks. He has a complete list of weed and THC % listed in there from around the world. Most are 5% or so, 10% is at the high end. South Indian Kerala ganja was THE most potent imported landrace strain that I smoked in 1975. The closest second was from Guerrero in the same year. I'd say the ganja was maybe upward of 15%? The Guerrero was seeded and about 12%. The only thing then that was over 20% were hash oils and hashish. We did not get above 20% in bud until we started growing sinsemilla from hybrids. And even now 20% is a good potent level. Afghan hash is listed at a max of 20% in Stark's book tested in the 1970s.

So as is typical, most of these modern so called "landrace" offerings are really hybrids.

Of all the places i personally have seen Afghan selection listed, that is the only description i have seen claiming high THC% There are some people on other places growing some of there stuff out, "looks" pretty legit so far, Afghan selection have a instagram page as well but i can never view more then the first couple of pics as i do not have a insta account.

after reading that last photo that says "seed field" makes me think they are harvesting straight sinsemilla in the row crop picture above it. I don't see any males in those rows. 1893 definitely pre-dates Rafael Caro-Quinteros claims.

From what I know those who have been farming and domesticating cannabis for generations have known about pulling males over there, and it sure looks like that in the pictures. I think the thais were doing the same as well but we dont know how far back this goes. Pretty interesting pictures

he had 300 slaves this famous george washington

he kill french with the white flag

he was prisonners of the french king this stupid 33 Ā° and liberated by lafayette same maconic sect

it's not because you smoke weed you are a good person and G W was a good son of B......H

he had 300 slaves this famous george washington

he kill french with the white flag

he was prisonners of the french king this stupid 33 Ā° and liberated by lafayette same maconic sect

it's not because you smoke weed you are a good person and G W was a good son of B......H
Stop your stupid far left bullshit please ...it's ridiculous and out of context... We are here to talk growing... Not to tear down statues...

Last edited:
Where has Landrace been? Have not heard from him in near a week. He didn't like being called out? ha ha

Longball

my understanding of definitions Land Race = a wild type of the local population.
An hierloom =a variety that has been worked for 50+ years and breeds true for traits that were found to be desireable by the breeder(Beefsteak tomato for example has the bigness, and shelf stability)

My question is, other than breeders, and people who love to grow indigenous plants ex situ; who would really want a land race over an heirloom derived from the land race when the heirloom is available. like with the Kandahar's, Mazar's and other afghan hashplants. they have been worked, sometimes for centuries for human desired traits.

most potatoes grown for market were hierlooms before they were cultivated outside of South America. The Wild type Hot Pepper plants are like 25 seeds in a small little thin walled ball that has no extra space in it, and only clocks in at 25k scoville on average.
before we argue with people about what they have is or isn't a landrace, before we call them scammers. lets agree to terms of what a landrace, an heirloom, and recent breeding work would be considered. lets talk about it and use translation software.

Maybe he just felt attacked as yall are even more verbally aggressive than I am.

Landrace and heirloom and wild are just labels that arenā€™t always correct or meaningful. Mostly used for marketing.
Landrace doesnā€™t mean wild. Land races are cultivated. And far as I know there is no indigenous wild cannabis. Only feral populations.
The ethnobotanical world is more intricate than I can ever imagine. Those ā€œwildā€ peppers are feral as well.
from angus...
ā€œ
Cannabis landraces. The essential characteristic of Cannabis landraces is that theyā€™re domesticates. As Dr. Ernest Small writes in Cannabis: A Complete Guide, ā€œThe term landrace (land race) refers to populations of domesticated plants that were selected over many generations by farmers in a region.ā€ Desired traits include high-quality fibre, large nutritious seeds, or inflorescences that are rich in THC.

The widespread claim on the Internet that landraces are wild plants created solely by nature is misleading. No doubt these traditional domesticates are typically region-specific and have innevitably adapted to their local environment through natural selection. But their defining qualities are the result of humans consciously and unconsciously selecting for desired products, in some regions over many millennia.

Traditional Asian ā€˜drug-typeā€™ strains can thus be grouped into two main types: domesticates for traditional resin (charas or hashish), which are found in the Himalaya, Hindu Kush, Central Asia, and Middle East; and domesticates for bud (ganja), which originate in subtropical and tropical India and Southeast Asia. Crucially, these ancient plants are an invaluable repository of biodiversity, the importance of which canā€™t be overstated. See the essential new study from McPartland & Small, ā€˜A classification of endangered high-THC cannabis (Cannabis sativasubsp. indica) domesticates and their wild relativesā€™.

For thoughts on the risks of popularizing the term landrace, which three years into the Cannabisā€˜landrace crazeā€™ continues to be widely misunderstood by aficionados, never mind consumers, please see the new piece Landrace: A Dirty Word.ā€

Landrace and heirloom and wild are just labels that arenā€™t always correct or meaningful. Mostly used for marketing.
Landrace doesnā€™t mean wild. Land races are cultivated. And far as I know there is no indigenous wild cannabis. Only feral populations.
The ethnobotanical world is more intricate than I can ever imagine. Those ā€œwildā€ peppers are feral as well.
from angus...
ā€œ
Cannabis landraces. The essential characteristic of Cannabis landraces is that theyā€™re domesticates. As Dr. Ernest Small writes in Cannabis: A Complete Guide, ā€œThe term landrace (land race) refers to populations of domesticated plants that were selected over many generations by farmers in a region.ā€ Desired traits include high-quality fibre, large nutritious seeds, or inflorescences that are rich in THC.

The widespread claim on the Internet that landraces are wild plants created solely by nature is misleading. No doubt these traditional domesticates are typically region-specific and have innevitably adapted to their local environment through natural selection. But their defining qualities are the result of humans consciously and unconsciously selecting for desired products, in some regions over many millennia.

Traditional Asian ā€˜drug-typeā€™ strains can thus be grouped into two main types: domesticates for traditional resin (charas or hashish), which are found in the Himalaya, Hindu Kush, Central Asia, and Middle East; and domesticates for bud (ganja), which originate in subtropical and tropical India and Southeast Asia. Crucially, these ancient plants are an invaluable repository of biodiversity, the importance of which canā€™t be overstated. See the essential new study from McPartland & Small, ā€˜A classification of endangered high-THC cannabis (Cannabis sativasubsp. indica) domesticates and their wild relativesā€™.

For thoughts on the risks of popularizing the term landrace, which three years into the Cannabisā€˜landrace crazeā€™ continues to be widely misunderstood by aficionados, never mind consumers, please see the new piece Landrace: A Dirty Word.ā€
from angus...
ā€œ

the guy who creat the tread was a trol look the start of the conversation

Yes heā€™s a long gone daddy.
I was talking to @mlmedpatient
I though they would appreciate the landrace info.
And I do! feral = wild to the uninformed so I often use them interchangeably as a semi informed person. think about w/ hogs. most people would say wild hogs and feral hogs in the USA as the wild/feral ones are all from cultivated lines originally. the term seems quite interchangeable.

like when Clackamas Coot said in interview " I grew so many afghani #1 seed bac in the day, and it all had that feral leafy morphology. most of them were not bud producing" most of us hear that and we would think that feral = wild/uncultivated plant traits. I figured in the g13hp dominant hybrids that explained the prevalence of lil single blade sugar leaves to permeate otherwise perfect bud. feral leafy bud trait + selected trichome coverage ratio of the sugar leaves and flowers.

That works. To some people truly wild means that it was never domesticated by humans. Feral is related to something that has escaped domestication. All the labels are fluid and really only matter to the person trying to convey an ideology. even the labels - sativa and indica aren't really meaningful either. I've thought about a lot of the domesticated plants and animals we use today and holy shit we have a long history. I've found out some of plants don't exist in wild forms anymore and many species have had multiple domestication points. And many plants I thought were native or wild are really feral populations. Including the chiltepin.

That works. To some people truly wild means that it was never domesticated by humans. Feral is related to something that has escaped domestication. All the labels are fluid and really only matter to the person trying to convey an ideology. even the labels - sativa and indica aren't really meaningful either. I've thought about a lot of the domesticated plants and animals we use today and holy shit we have a long history. I've found out some of plants don't exist in wild forms anymore and many species have had multiple domestication points. And many plants I thought were native or wild are really feral populations. Including the chiltepin.
an atheist and theist philosopher once spent 35 minutes in the 1940 or 50s, talking about how they couldn't agree on a definition; so the whole point of the discussion was pointless because they wouldn't be able to get anywhere with each other past the problem caused by the difference of the one word's meaning. literally 30 + minutes of expounding on what you just said. but in a different context.
definitions are weird and arbitrary, I agree.

I thought landraces did grow in the wild but locals preserved them?
Let's say Malawi, did grow in the wild but locals made a selection out of it over hundreds if not thousands of years?

I am asking this, not saying it.

Hi CannaFish,

Some excellent information in your posts worthy of the Reference section, especially the following mentioned in a previous message. It's a long read but I learned a lot from it.

"See the essential new study from McPartland & Small, ā€˜A classification of endangered high-THC cannabis (Cannabis sativa sub sp. indica) domesticates and their wild relativesā€™."

Peace be with you :)

Let love rule and get high :cool:

Back