la nina & mangowidow

Devindica

So I started 6 seeds in total 3 la Nina and 3 mangowidow's. I ended up with 5 females with the mangowidow being the only male, 5 out of 6 isn't to bad. The plants are about 26 days from first sign of sex after switching to flowering. The la Nina are the tall three at the back and the mangowidow's are the front two, one of the mangowidow's are much slower than the rest so I think its mango haze dominant.

So far everything has been easy breezy, I have been light on the nutrients only feeding once a week but the slow mangowidow doesn't seem to like it so I'm just going to give it water and a little calmg until it shows it wants something else.

Attachments

• IMG107.jpg
    IMG107.jpg
    928 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG109.jpg
    IMG109.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 49
Hello Devindica,

The odds have been nice to you, 5 females out of 6 seeds. :cool:

Just for curiosity sake, how did you germinate your beans? You've got the temperature readings?

You've been following some feeding chart or you just feed once a week? Since I'm running a good soil, I'm planing on feeding weekly with 0,7 EC nute solution. Yours seem to be quite healthy.

Good luck on your journey. I'm running 15 La Niñas myself. Let's see if we're lucky to get some cool phenos.

Kind regards,

TheZ

Hey zientist. For germination I just used a damp paper towel in a bag on my cable box then once they cracked I put them in soil. I am not following any real feeding schedule I just give the 15ml medione,20ml of massive then a tsp of Calmg. I did a mix of fish soil, perilite and worm castings then I added 3/4 cup of kelp meal to it. I just ordered some grokashi so hopefully that gets here soon so I can start top dressing with it, People were telling me its amazing.

Just a update. One mangowidow is taking forever and but everything else is moving along generally the same speed. If the slow one doesn't pick up.its getting the chop, its just not a practical plant for my current setup.

Attachments

• IMG112.jpg
    IMG112.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG117.jpg
    IMG117.jpg
    889.3 KB · Views: 26
All my la Nina seem different. 2 are similar in structure but one smells like a candied fruit and the other is this strange cheesy smell the last one I think might be the hazy pheno it has a spear like growth to it and it has a strange chemical smell to it similar to a strain I smoked called burmese and I have to s it's a special smell in cannabis, I would say it reminds me of some sort of industrial cleaner.

Hello Devindica,

My La Niñas are budding as we speak. They're at day 49 12/12 from seed. What I can say is that, during the "flowering" stretch, odd leaves with 3 thin leaflets appeared in every individual(this is from memory, it's on my notes but I think this is correct). Did that happened with yours? It also happened with my CBD Widow, so I'm assuming it's Widow-family related.
This plants are very different phenotypically from what I'm used too (mainly NL, Skunk, Afghan, Haze hybrids). I feel like a kid always checking the closet for goodies as it's all new to me.

From my 9 females I've found 2 main expression poles and maybe 3 phenotypes. One stretches like shit, maybe three to four times from the day I've spotted the first preflowers, but the internodes are not that big. They are just gigantic vigorous plants. I have 5 ladies that fit this description.
The other phenotype is shorter and appears to be budding faster, foxtailing like mermaids. They pretty much look-a-likes to the pics in the mrnice.nl La Niña page. I don't know how this will develop, but all the plants are getting coated with trichomes. I really meant that. Never seen in any of the other plants i grew. The stalks, the fan leaves, every single bit and they are still in their puberty. :p I've got 4 that exibit those traits. One of those individuals may be considered the climax regarding those traits. She's a true gem, I hope she smokes as she looks. :D

Every single plant exibits thin leaves, some long, others not that long.

In regards to smell, it's all sweet for now. Mint is also present and maybe orange candy.

Hope to see yours develop, they are looking pretty good.

Keep us updated my friend. ;)

TheZ

Attachments

• dev indica 2.jpg
    dev indica 2.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Forum devtopic.jpg
    Forum devtopic.jpg
    888.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Well I can't say if I remember about the 3 leafs but I got 2 general phenos. On was tall and stretch at least 4x its original size the other 2 plants were shorter with denser buds. One had kind of a cheesy smell early in flower and and ended in a more dank smell and was resinous than the fatter fruity candied smell. I cut them at 9 weeks and my mangowidow is still going at 10 weeks. I really like the la Nina and I think you will be happy with your plants and sorry for neglecting this thread, I'm really paranoid about keeping it going.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG165.jpg
    IMG165.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG159.jpg
    IMG159.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG141.jpg
    IMG141.jpg
    762.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG146.jpg
    IMG146.jpg
    887.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG147.jpg
    IMG147.jpg
    868.6 KB · Views: 60
Thanks Hhhg. The light is from Stealthy Samaritan and its his 200w unit, All the buds are nice and dense except for the really tall mangowidow but it still has some time to go. If you want to check out his lights beware there is a fake site using his name. "

Last edited:
Back