Jul-Aug-Sep 2023 Bud of the Month Contest <> Submit photos here

Thaifun Horizon - ApeOrigin

ThaifunHorizont.jpg

I like the typical sativa form of the bud and the purple colour tones. The plant was a good yielder and the plant has succesfully withstand the mold which three other plants of other strains had.

And the high is well balanced: mostly sativa. But if you need something to sleep you can just consume more of this strain. 🙃

Thaifun Horizon - ApeOrigin

View attachment 75714

I like the typical sativa form of the bud and the purple colour tones. The plant was a good yielder and the plant has succesfully withstand the mold which three other plants of other strains had.

And the high is well balanced: mostly sativa. But if you need something to sleep you can just consume more of this strain. 🙃

Lovely, also great to see that one...ive been looking at it before but thats the first tasty pic i see of it...did you gow anythinge else from Ape Origin?

Lovely, also great to see that one...ive been looking at it before but thats the first tasty pic i see of it...did you gow anythinge else from Ape Origin?
I have also grown the bushmans of ApeOrigin. An exceptional sativa: very short appearance, short flowering time. I had two plants and both were mainly one big fat cola. Looks and behaves really like indica. Unfortunately I had mold on both plants. So I had to get rid of a big part of the mainbud. Anway that is very nice sativa for the daytime. Strawberryish flavour and smooth happiness.

Besides from that I have some copy cat seeds from Ape in the stash but haven't yet grown them: Bruce Banner, Alpha Bud, Romulan Sativa, Sour Diesel.
Recently there where some reports about hermies appearing with the ApeOrigin seeds. But haven't experencied that myself.

I have also grown the bushmans of ApeOrigin. An exceptional sativa: very short appearance, short flowering time. I had two plants and both were mainly one big fat cola. Looks and behaves really like indica. Unfortunately I had mold on both plants. So I had to get rid of a big part of the mainbud. Anway that is very nice sativa for the daytime. Strawberryish flavour and smooth happiness.

Besides from that I have some copy cat seeds from Ape in the stash but haven't yet grown them: Bruce Banner, Alpha Bud, Romulan Sativa, Sour Diesel.
Recently there where some reports about hermies appearing with the ApeOrigin seeds. But haven't experencied that myself.

Yeah, the good ol' hermies...its a topic on its own. I like the fact that they reproduce some of the discontinued lines or hard to get ones, saw some goodstuff on the menu. In another circle Ciskei was big a few yrs ago and Bushmans is also from that region originally if i remember correctly. The Alpha Bud has also caught my eye before...thanks for the info. Have fun!

Can I resubmit new photo, so that it is not photo merged one please ?
It is still the same G13 AS plant..
Thank you

I picked the photo from 10, the medium one, so that whole plant is visible at all...
and dont think about it that much please, macro lenses are not universals, they need you to work a bit on photos, so that is it...

☮️
non.jpg

Last edited:
I post this here as a continuation of the Artificial intelligence thread-

Aloha nui to all the haka warriors out there! You know who you are. Impressive display and thanks for honoring us with your authenticity. What I appreciate most about our family is our mature ability to resolve without the excessive belittling and name calling. Pushing and shoving is fine to make room for new ideas as long as we settle down without hard feelings. Voices are heard when we handle the talking stick in a good way. Thank you.

BOTM contest should be fun and low entry imo...
Rules are very simple but leaves room for interpretation I guess.
I look at the buds more than the quality of the photo, always assumed that this is the purpose of the contest.

It is a question of interpretation which can be subjective without context.
"Only submit one photo from a plant you personally grew."
My question is which would you rather wake up too? Same person, different attitude.
tp-before-and-after-makeup-new-style.jpg
It would be a shame to stifle member creativity. I always admire fine photos of cannabis. I have no problem with making your photo entries look as presentable as possible as long as it is your photo of your plant that you personally grew, and the editing (lighting, etc) does not change the structure of the bud in any meaningful way. As a courtesy going forward, it would be nice to be informative in your description to provide context. As a plus, I think that this will help us all to take better photos.

What won't be tolerated is a photo that is completely made up-
"...tools where you can create images by writing a description of what you want, and the software makes the image for you." While this may be an inevitability in the future, we prefer to keep it old school as long as we can.

This is not a professional contest winning huge prize money and trips around the world. Let's keep it a fun, simple and a friendly competition. Give some info on your photo when you submit it to give context. I think that would be a fair thing to do. To the voter, if you like the photo vote for it, simple as that. That is my thought anyway. Good luck!

mu

I post this here as a continuation of the Artificial intelligence thread-

Aloha nui to all the haka warriors out there! You know who you are. Impressive display and thanks for honoring us with your authenticity. What I appreciate most about our family is our mature ability to resolve without the excessive belittling and name calling. Pushing and shoving is fine to make room for new ideas as long as we settle down without hard feelings. Voices are heard when we handle the talking stick in a good way. Thank you.

It is a question of interpretation which can be subjective without context.
"Only submit one photo from a plant you personally grew."
My question is which would you rather wake up too? Same person, different attitude.
View attachment 75945
It would be a shame to stifle member creativity. I always admire fine photos of cannabis. I have no problem with making your photo entries look as presentable as possible as long as it is your photo of your plant that you personally grew, and the editing (lighting, etc) does not change the structure of the bud in any meaningful way. As a courtesy going forward, it would be nice to be informative in your description to provide context. As a plus, I think that this will help us all to take better photos.

What won't be tolerated is a photo that is completely made up-
"...tools where you can create images by writing a description of what you want, and the software makes the image for you." While this may be an inevitability in the future, we prefer to keep it old school as long as we can.

This is not a professional contest winning huge prize money and trips around the world. Let's keep it a fun, simple and a friendly competition. Give some info on your photo when you submit it to give context. I think that would be a fair thing to do. To the voter, if you like the photo vote for it, simple as that. That is my thought anyway. Good luck!

mu
Totally agree Mu!! It should be kept as a fun comp, as it always has been! We are lucky to always see some absolutely stunning entries 😃

To me looking at this is seeing what are different inividuals proud of, what have they found phenotypical and what do they think is beautiful? It is also about authentic display of what is bred and grown with love, too much editing waters down the experience. And when i say editing i mean stuff that alters the expression given beyond what a real impression of the plant would give personally. Nothing against fine tuning to give it that glow, to make that aura only experienced by the live plant and bud really shine trough the screen. AI is and can not be part of that process imo. The fine photographic tuning is also a kind of handycraft like growing and gives a personal note. For me it is not the best picture from quality that imoresses the most (although it does impress from time to time) it is the pure essence of visual terroir in lack of better words. Like a signature of the grower.

I would probably like a polaroid of some Haze in the Autralian bushes more than a well done 4k photoshop model...

Last edited:
Mmmhhh...purpleplantpussypistills...

9bfd6c1632797260271b5ec9b73571f2.gif

Here’s a flower from Brothers Grimm.
It‘s Princess Haze.
I’m a bit confused about the 10 maximum entries rule.
Does that mean only 10 people can enter or can each person enter 10 different pictures from 10 different females?

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpeg
    IMG_0186.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back