Jakes Critical Haze Mother Hunt

CH 3

Sorry, no whole plant pics for now. Number 3 is not showing nearly as much yellowing as the number 1 girl and is nowhere near ripe.

CH1 is starting to wind things down. She has been super thirsty the last few weeks and now calyxs are starting to swell and pistils are receding. I don't plan to feed #1 anymore and will start looking at trichs next week.

CH3 looks to be a yielder! I look forward to seeing her finish and am already stacking up the bamboo for when she gets heavy.

I still can't say I like one more than the other....

Jake

Nice stuff Jake. I have no experience with this variety. Yet.
It's great to get your perspective. :)

Aloha brah,
M

Last edited:
Nice stuff Jake. I have no experience with this variety. Yet.
It's great to get your perspective. :)

Aloha brah,
M

Thank you, Musashi.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking into the more commercial haze scene.
I imagine this line would be fantastic out in the middle of the ocean where you're at. :)

Ask not for whom the bell tolls....

Well, friends, this morning I found a few nanners on CH1. I let her get a little too hungry at the end here, as the picture shows. I'm sure that's what caused the stress as no one else is showing inter-sex traits.

She probably needed another week but I have a few plants in early flower and am not going to risk losing the sensi... Been there, done that.

Definitely a beautiful plant! She is a hungry pheno and I will feed heavier next round to see if she still hermis.

Be back later with an update on ch3.

Happily hazed,
Jake

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Jake. Sounds like you caught in time. I'll be interested in you smoke test.

Aloha braddahs
M

Smoke report is in on the first CH...
Super energetic buzz, almost no indication of cannabis consumption until the heart beat starts to elevate. Then, after 10 minutes I feel totally recharged. It's odd.... More like strong coffee than anything else. Lol.

Is it a keeper? I dunno.....

Typical Haze taste on inhale, exhale is a bit green, however, the cure is really just starting on these nugs so I will wait and see.

Will post a bud shot later on.

The second CH female I've got is a big yielder. She stacks like a big skunk, but smells like straight piff.

Excited over here :D. I'm thinking I will chop her down on Sunday, but need to see how the trichs are looking... Gonna shoot for as little amber as possible, as usual... may go another week... Today is 11 weeks.

Happily hazed
Jake

Update on CH3

Critical Haze #3 is a fat girl. I LOVE big buds, and I can not lie!

If she produces a nice sativa buzz i will be keeping this pheno and shutting down the hunt for a while.

Some cola pics:

4 weeks in-

11 weeks in-

The 11week photo is of the seed plant, which I topped once and let go. This is the way to grow this pheno! The 4week is a clone that I let go as a single cola plant and the differnece in yield appeard to be dramatic even though the clone is much happier than the seed plant was. This pheno is a tricky feeder and I have a hard time keeping her in the sweet spot. However, she has endured some stress and has showed no interssex traits so I am impressed. I'm sure with time I will figure out how she likes it ;)

Happily hashed,
Jake

Last edited:
CH3 update

Hi folks,

CH3 seed plant came down at around 12 weeks, i think a couple of days early.
I did not feed her enough nitrogen mid flower so the finish was not what it could have been. I did learn a lot for the clone run though :)

CH3 clone, day 55 of flower:

CH1 update

This cut is nice to grow, and is absolutely beautiful. I don't think its the pheno for me though.

I have the one pictured here at 35 days and another at a week or so. These two will be the last of this cut.

I cant say there is anything to complain about: The plant produces nice dense buds that have a great sweet-fruit smell. They also definitely effect you when smoked, but it is not a high I'm fond of. It brings down my mood and makes me very pessimistic. I have gifted it to several people and have heard nothing but great things, so, to each their own. If this pheno pops up next time I run seeds from this line I will flower it out, for sure.

As you can see from the last picture, this pheno responds very well to topping and a little guidance. I topped three times, and ended up with a nice wide bush.

Critical Haze Finished Bud Shot

Well, folks, this pheno is a big yielder. The seed plant yielded over 4 oz's even after enduring the torture I subjected it to.

The Critical Haze line definitely qualifies as a commercial production strain!

Overall the smoke has been pretty good so far, nothing out of this world though. I look forward to running the remaining clones I have of this phenotype and seeing if I can coax a little more punch out of her. I claim grower error, 100%.

As you can see, the trim is not perfect, that is due to one pair of trimming hands and a HUGE pile of nugs!;)

Ultimately I will not be keeping this phenotype after all, and once again it's not really a knock on the plant. At this time a GIGANTIC yield potential is not what I am after and as my seed collection grows I need the valuable garden real estate for exploring through other lines.

I do plan to return to the CH line eventually, probably once I have obtained a Cannabis sales license LOL

Thanks for tuning in everyone!
Jake

Critical Haze... man oh man...

Hello all my fine people,

It is a beautiful afternoon after a rough day at work.

I decided to change up my after work smoke and hit the Critical Haze(CM Pheno) jar...

Holy goodness.... Immediate mood elevation and a little grin is glued to my face. I feel so much better about things in my world. I feel hyper, but not jittery. Its the kind of hyper where its great to let the mind race because productive thoughts emerge from the chaos. I haven't started on my chores, and am definitely "high" not clear headed or amped up... So...kind of an unproductive effect going on over here.

I am reclassifying this smoke as "very good":D

A good cure goes a long way. LOL

Happily hazed,
Jake

Well done Jake sounds like she did the job nicely. :cool:

Weed is like cheese and needs a good cure to ripen fully with flavour/smell and strength defo. :)

Nothing worse than smoking just cut weed it's like toking clippings out your mower. Lol

Another CH bud shot

Here's a CH cola at about 5weeks 10/14:

This girl has 5 cola's... I'm already worried about trim time lol

Stay hazed,
Jake

Well done Jake sounds like she did the job nicely. :cool:

Weed is like cheese and needs a good cure to ripen fully with flavour/smell and strength defo. :)

Nothing worse than smoking just cut weed it's like toking clippings out your mower. Lol

You're so right OG. I'm the impatient type though. I sample everything as soon as it will burn:eek:

I've got a jar stashed for the long cure though!

Thanks for popping in!
Jake

Critical Haze mid flower:

Critical Haze early flower:

I think the Critical Haze is a beautiful variety. The fruity/spicy smell is awesome too. This line is definitely above average on all fronts.

Thanks for looking!
Jake

Back