Is this the real NL5 clone?

What you're asking is a trick question - I wouldn't pay much attention to the how things are labelled, For the most part it's a useless endeavor

Do you mean the NL clone that was reversed in a unstable room with og kush clones?
https://phylos.bio/sims/sample/genotype/7o9jxzg3

Or do you mean nl5 x skunk Labelled as NL
https://phylos.bio/sims/sample/genotype/eg5d275o

Or do you mean the NL not related to the two above?
https://phylos.bio/sims/sample/genotype/58mw6k6o

Without taking a fatalistic attitude, I would say start again from the appellation NL was obtained originally from. Your chances of success would increase exponentially if you really want whatever "NL" is.............

Last edited:
The Original is still all around the Pacific North West. I believe its from 1984.

Swami Organic Seeds still has the cut, and will have seeds from the original 84 cut NL5 x 88 NL5/Hz very soon.

Hey all, don't forget there are 2 original NL#5 cuts. The USA cut, (Hawaiian x afghan) and Nevs select cut from the NL#1 Seed batch. Safe to say the us cut is still around. Nevs cut, probly, but who knows if its still around..S

Nevil got the original in 1980s from Pacific NW USA, and hybridized it.

Its well accepted The Indian was the originator of NL5 in the 70s, though some say it started before him, with no evidence.
The Indian also says the NL5 is mainly Sativa Indonesian, and not Thai, or others strains commonly mentioned.
2 other reputable sources who STILL have the cut since 1984 also say its Indonesian.

Nevil also got the original PNW Hashplant, which is still alive.
Also the NL1, which he bred to the PNW Hashplant clone, got the F2 Male, bred it back to the PNW HP and called this cross Hashplant, and is what the genes of.. SKELLY HP come from. Skelly, AKA PUCK cut was found in 1989, and is still alive, and many say its the most sought after of all HP cuts.

Lol.

And yet the NL I ran back in 88-89 was a skull crunching Indica. Still some of the strongest weed I ever smoked. But it was a one dimensional high.

Lol.

And yet the NL I ran back in 88-89 was a skull crunching Indica. Still some of the strongest weed I ever smoked. But it was a one dimensional high.

Couldn't agree more.

IMO Early Queen has a better high than any NL I have ever smoked.

I would rather enjoy what i have now, than chase after the past. You will usually end up disappointed when you do that. IME

I imagine pretty soon genuine breeding work will need either gtin's or genotype ID codes on seed packets due to this naming issue and simultaneously stamped on phylos at time of creation to verify genotype, ancestry & double ancestor etc.

Proper record keeping is needed to make this market evolve

@sensient Yes that's true (Nev did mention the yanks preferred his version and purchased his seed once he made his selections) Sample 2 is clearly the Dutch NL5xSkunk cut by looking at offspring and the breeders who have the genetics in their lines, pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together there

If sample 3 was the Hawaiian x Afghan it should still show as ancestor outer ring however all 3 samples are unrelated

Last edited:
Nevil got the original in 1980s from Pacific NW USA, and hybridized it.

Its well accepted The Indian was the originator of NL5 in the 70s, though some say it started before him, with no evidence.
The Indian also says the NL5 is mainly Sativa Indonesian, and not Thai, or others strains commonly mentioned.
2 other reputable sources who STILL have the cut since 1984 also say its Indonesian.

Nevil also got the original PNW Hashplant, which is still alive.
Also the NL1, which he bred to the PNW Hashplant clone, got the F2 Male, bred it back to the PNW HP and called this cross Hashplant, and is what the genes of.. SKELLY HP come from. Skelly, AKA PUCK cut was found in 1989, and is still alive, and many say its the most sought after of all HP cuts.

If your reputable sources have the actual cut, they should submit it to phylos with notes/documentation.

This is absolutely necessary as "NL" was a key building block for decades

Last edited:
Several people have it in PNW.

Heres the 86 NL5 cut x Nevils 88 LTD Release

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnXjPUrlsMH/?tagged=bringdemfya

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnc2PqnFQIE/?tagged=bringdemfya

Many also have the 89 NOOF cut, which is from the hybrid genes Nevil created from the original NL5, and whatever. I don't know. Some kind of broad leaf. But is not the same as the earlier original cut. Also not saying the hybrid broad leaf aint any good, because its pure fire. I wish Sensi still sold that old NL5.

The Nature Farm Genetics did have the sk18 phylos tested, and other stuff, and the Terpene Profile is listed on Instagram.

The Sk18 has the most unique Terpene profile Ive seen for any strain.

99% of all strains I saw out of close to a 1000 Ive looked at, maybe more, have
Limonene
Myrcene in them.

Sk18 has 0000 of either.

Isopulegol is a Very Rare Terpene, and is reputed to be effective for Epilepsy, and stomach disorders. It is found in VERY FEW strains. Less than .01% even have traces of it.
It is a Precursor of Menthol.

Isopulegol is THE #1 TERPENE IN SK18

92.7% of the Terpenes are Isopulegol.

Verified Terpene Profile.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bli4ov8gq4i7ogoKjen1AUH4IBMEzgR1E_F8io0/?taken-by=thenaturefarm

The Sk18 has a very high terpene profile. Way more vs average. Or even above average. Off the Charts.

They had to test the Sk18 2x to verify this, because it was so rare.

The next most abundant terpenes were Linalool, and Bisabolol a Terpinene.

Heres what the guy that knos says about NL5.

Arturo Mazerrero:::: Nl5 clone only.. Some have made s1's and hybrids.
NL5 has no relation to the other NL#'s. Nl5 used an Indonesian Lime sativa that was described as green clay on sticks. From someone who was there when this was put together. The cut we got is from old heads in Eugene.. 86 I believe

NL5/NL5/Hz

Attachments

• 41778272_475729416279537_1492119871113134080_n.jpg
    41778272_475729416279537_1492119871113134080_n.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Shame swami wont send to the uk.:confused:
Anyone know of any re sellers of his gear.
Hi mr English. Do you know anyone in the states who could buy them and send them to you?
Seems to be suggesting that only folks in the US can be trusted. His reseller already said no guarantee on international orders, you'd think that would be enough.
Personally I think it's a combination of their sales exploding, partially due to 59lp's proselytizing, mainly due to their lines' quality,so they can't keep up with orders, and their "America first" attitude.
They seem like down home, god fearin' country boys at heart.
Out of interest, was it a particular type you were after?

Those pics of NL5Haze are much more indica looking than the OSH clones of NL5Haze that Neville left in Holland and Belgium
They look alot more nl dom than the famous A5 and C5 clones

Many also have the 89 NOOF cut, which is from the hybrid genes Nevil created from the original NL5, and whatever. I don't know. Some kind of broad leaf. But is not the same as the earlier original cut. Also not saying the hybrid broad leaf aint any good, because its pure fire. I wish Sensi still sold that old NL5.

The Nature Farm Genetics did have the sk18 phylos tested, and other stuff, and the Terpene Profile is listed on Instagram.

Limonene
Myrcene in them.

Sk18 has 0000 of either.

Isopulegol is a Very Rare Terpene, and is reputed to be effective for Epilepsy, and stomach disorders. It is found in VERY FEW strains. Less than .01% even have traces of it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bli4ov8gq4i7ogoKjen1AUH4IBMEzgR1E_F8io0/?taken-by=thenaturefarm

The Sk18 has a very high terpene profile. Way more vs average. Or even above average. Off the Charts.

NL5 has no relation to the other NL#'s. Nl5 used an Indonesian Lime sativa that was described as green clay on sticks. From someone who was there when this was put together. The cut we got is from old heads in Eugene.. 86 I believe

NL5/NL5/Hz

Limonene
Myrcene in them.

Sk18 has 0000 of either.

NL5/NL5/Hz

Can you upload the analysis picture as the profile/account is private

cheers

Can you upload the analysis picture as the profile/account is private

cheers

Swami stopped doing International because the SEEDS kept getting seized, and the people they were dealing with in Europe had problems, and being technically illegal ( FEDERAL OFFENSE ) to use the mail. They stopped doing International.

Im sure they would love to expand their horizons.

I also don't like pitting 1 company vs the other, and is not why I gave the heads up on some of these genes. Everyone can have good stuff, and is not limited to only a few.
I just want people to know many, many many of these old genetics are still alive, though many clone only, and have to be hybridized.

The Nature Farm Organic Seed
Est. 2016
HomeGrown since 2008
Here at Nature Farms we not only cultivate a Higher Standard but we also stand behind what we cultivate, day in and day out.
What we offer is genetic paired from stock hunted, collected, and gifted over the past 10 years. Some from my father and associates in Shasta county, some I’ve hunted myself, and some I’ve simply been gifted along the journey from those I consider close friends, even family. Some Old and some new, but all Medicine.

All of his stuff is Genome Tested, but I don't know where all of it is.

All genetic listings from here on out will include: Full genetic descriptions as well as Source if and when possible, almost always the case very few we cannot trace, but a few we still must rely on Word of Mouth.
We Have and will continue to have all genetic Mothers and Seedstock used in our breeding program tested for Genome, to ensure the Highest Standard and Quality in our work. Thanks to you all, this is entirely possible and has always been the plan from day one.

https://phylos.bio/sims/variety/PGT-147534/nature-farm-genetics/uncle-fester-skunk18

We pride ourselves on bringing select genetic back to its most peak form before breeding to ensure no loss of genetic potential. Sometimes this is from old known and degraded Clone Only, of high-caliber genetic potential. Regenerated and Rejuvenated with time and love, Generational cloning, Korean Nature Farming fermentation techniques, and Living Organic Soil practices. Without these techniques we do not believe any of this possible past in a lab grade setting and even then.
My father has lived in Shasta, Northern California the past 23 years of his life almost 65, he is well-known and respected there. Myself and family, the past 10 years. During this time, we have acquired many connections to genetic in the area, most all an older generation of growers.
I am a third generation farmer, 32 years of age, so my access at times exceeds some of my hands on knowledge, Especially with a few of the oldest cultivars about. I feel we make up for it in many hours of research and time dedicated to not just our plant but our craft. If this offends, we apologize.
We are here for our customers 100%, but most of all we are here for our Plant which we feel has the right to be shared with everyone. Stand Up.
*Free Shipping on all orders, and (1) free 12 seed pack with every order based off availability, always included.
-The Nature Farmer-

Hi mr English. Do you know anyone in the states who could buy them and send them to you?
Seems to be suggesting that only folks in the US can be trusted. His reseller already said no guarantee on international orders, you'd think that would be enough.
Personally I think it's a combination of their sales exploding, partially due to 59lp's proselytizing, mainly due to their lines' quality,so they can't keep up with orders, and their "America first" attitude.
They seem like down home, god fearin' country boys at heart.
Out of interest, was it a particular type you were after?

Hi, I was looking at there nl x nl haze.
Cant blame them for not sending to europe if its too much hassle, I will persevere though, :)

Hell Id almost send them to someone, except I wouldn't want to be in the middle if they didn't make it, and be deemed a ripoff, and I wouldn't pay for them upfront myself ect. And while I know how others send stuff to USA, theres no way I would go to the post office desk, fill out declaration papers and say ect is in the package. It would have to be in a small letter, and some kind of whatever that's crush proof.
But if they didn't make it, Id be deemed a ripoff.

Canada is also intercepting a lot more stuff, both going out to USA, and coming in Ive been reading the last 8 months or so.

A friend of mine at another now defunct forum used to use this stuff to send me seeds from America . He had the same concerns as you re the post office. He would cut out a piece like 1 inch x 3inch and block up one end with cotton wool, fill up a tube with seeds and write on the board the strain and send it in just an ordinary envelope, regular post. If they were breeder seeds he'd throw in the packet too.

Back