Is this the real NL5 clone?

Hey Cptn,

Good point man. As long as it is still around? I wonder what else he may have had offered to him, something maybe we all though was dead burried years ago only for him to find out it's been preserved. Kind of like the G13, what if it is still good and healthy?

Best Regards

sXi

Yeah :)
Actually Nevil has told us himself the pure G that passed through his hands is dead, and all he ever shared was hybrids. The original G used in the Airborne and Pacific G cuts are both hybrids if they are based on genetics from Nev.
Presumably, the best available specimen of these original G hybrids from Nevil is Dogless's cut, validated by Nev (through Kanga.) And we all nkow where that can be purchased.
Please don't say the vendor's name in the thread though, it will attract trolls almost as bad as saying "Nevil."

:)

Did he say that?
if that were true then the g available would have to have been one of the hybrids.
but nev told me himself that they have the genetics.
what exactly that could mean isnt as clear,
and if/when they feel like commenting futher ill be listening, but im not going to critique every little flaw between the stories.
i just care whether it is a plant that is good enough to have earned a reputation that its name carries.

its pretty common knowledge, or at least i thought, that g13 pure was a sport. a scraggly low yielding, and pretty disgusting tasing afghanica selected for one single reason. the infamous resin production. the dogless or dd cut is heavy heavy yielder... its safe to say the s1s out right now by you know who are one of nevs early g hybrids.... logical right?

Last edited:
I read so many threads that I sometimes forget exactly what Nevil and others say. But I do remember that Nevil said, " if dogless speaks, listen". So that would make me believe that he got it, at least something significant.

Best Regards

sXi

Hey All, Nl-5 pheno
rhinoman-albums-new-pics-picture8192-nl5-pheno.jpg

I read so many threads that I sometimes forget exactly what Nevil and others say. But I do remember that Nevil said, " if dogless speaks, listen". So that would make me believe that he got it, at least something significant.

Best Regards

sXi

that was about indicas in general

no one has pure g13 and its time people stop claiming (lieing) that they do

Yeah :)
Actually Nevil has told us himself the pure G that passed through his hands is dead, and all he ever shared was hybrids. The original G used in the Airborne and Pacific G cuts are both hybrids if they are based on genetics from Nev.
Presumably, the best available specimen of these original G hybrids from Nevil is Dogless's cut, validated by Nev (through Kanga.) And we all nkow where that can be purchased.
Please don't say the vendor's name in the thread though, it will attract trolls almost as bad as saying "Nevil."

:)

ugh, THIS is exactly why Master Nevil doe's NOT post anymore, people SLANDERING his good name and reputation!

Get your facts STRAIGHT, Master Nevil DID share the original g13 cut with DOGLESS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Kangativa

Look Drum you can take it from me that Nevil said he gave the cut
to
Jim back in the 80's and Jim said he went to a lot of expense and time to eradicate the viriuses that caused it to loose vigour.
Maybe one day when Nevil gets his computer back online he might tell the whole story. Until then you will have to wait until the parties involved fill in the gaps.
As so many people have told you and even Nevil has said, when Jim says something ..take notice.

If you are so concerned about this affecting the medical community then why didnt you PM the people involved as i believe this is showing proper respect. Not this throw it out in the public forum demanding answers.

====================================================

its pretty common knowledge, or at least i thought, that g13 pure was a sport. a scraggly low yielding, and pretty disgusting tasing afghanica selected for one single reason. the infamous resin production. the dogless or dd cut is heavy heavy yielder... its safe to say the s1s out right now by you know who are one of nevs early g hybrids.... logical right?

The picture of the original g13 on this site and from the old seed catalogue does not look to be a scraggly low yielder, not saying g13 was phenomenal smoke but how would g13 hybrids produce such large yields if g13 was a scraggly parent? just sayin.
I would think greenthumbs would have his hands on the original nl5 if it existed, you would think somebody out there has it.

hey Blabla and you NL cats....man I been tryin to work out the NL lines ofr to long now..the stories work but only to a degree and then ya just gata start growing and comparing..but theres a few htings mentioned that I would like to add a bit on..

first Cptn I recall grilling Sam over that Hindu thread..and he didnt have much to say on it really...I thought others like Mriko had better views on the topic myself..I hope my posts weren;t part of the hard reading even tho I know its a thick subject..

I do believe that the orig old Miss G13 was a very nasty almost unsmokable Afghan...noted as Fake plastic tree-BurningRubber but the onset and power of its effect were Top shelf...The Pg13 I agree might be a outcross and I feel it was a HawInd outcross at that as the other phenom Pacific rel'd along with Pg13 was PurpleIndica..also a relation IMO....
Im not sure on the Airborne ver... G13 can yield tho...It doesn;t shoot allot so if you flip a short small plant you get a Low yield..Larger plants do well either way..Its like a perfect Afghan-Kush type form really but its a unique Afghan in the bud...other Afghans can be very bitter earthy-acrid-sulfur tones...some can be quite sweet with mild-mint-floral-Fig tones..
One main diff would be that Kushes are more mountain type Afghans..and lowland or midland Afghans can run up to 12-16wks....Base Afghan-Kushes(regionally speaking) or Paki Kushes would be much faster in Budset and flowering compared to Valley grown Afghans or Paki type HashPlants...Which HashPlants are similar but were more Spicy compared to the nice Chalky acrid of Afghan...but to consider those you would get more into Hash Plant types like Lebs, Afghan and Paki's...Which to me are only migrated variation of the origianl Afghans from that region anyway...With HinduKush being the higher Mountain type AfghanKush...I just feel in my heart that Afghan works more to the Acrid Skunk tones as does Paki-Leb work to HPlant spiced tones....but thats all in the view...

I just posted similar info in the Ortega thread in the Strain base and hope it was easy enough to follow...
On the NL#5 posted that might be the clone?....It does look like a NL#1(afghan) dom plant....noted originally as a Single cola compact Indica...Single cola dom types are a key trait to certain Afghans indeed so its very possible in my book...
Also in the Seedbank`87 cat NL#2 was noted as (HinduKush - image 1 shown below)...
and from the work Ive done trying to connect all of this..What comes to light is the time line and the following work..
Nev had the NL lines by 85 or 86 and had them listed in the 87 cat as Cannabis Indica NorthernLights(image 2)...also listed at the time were NL#1..and various hybs of NL#1, #2 and #5,,...butthe only males noted at that time were NL#2...and why the image of the NL#5 clone says under neath it was being used to produce hybrid seed....
Now if the NL#1 was the orig Afghan...and NL#2 was noted as a NL! x HKush...
my impression is
NL#1 - the IBL of the Afghan phenom..
NL#2 - was the outcross for Male selection and was HinduKush dom..
NL#5 - was a mix of both and isolated as its own cultivar at that point..

NL#1 will express a Afghan dom single cola form...NL#2 expresses the PineTree shape and size of a HinduKush with slight additional Afghan traits..
The NL#5 can express both parent phenoms and other variations within...Sorry for the long post and intrusion fellas...
Hope that makes sense and is logical enough for the topic...
FOE20

Attachments

• SB87-NL2-copy.jpg
    SB87-NL2-copy.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,168
  • SB87-p3-copy.jpg
    SB87-p3-copy.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,674
Last edited:
ugh, THIS is exactly why Master Nevil doe's NOT post anymore, people SLANDERING his good name and reputation!

Get your facts STRAIGHT, Master Nevil DID share the original g13 cut with DOGLESS!

What I said is nothing to do with why Nev left, jackass.
And, it is neither slander nor has any impact on his reputation whatsoever.

Although I believe Kanga when he says "Nev said . . ."
here is another quote actually from Nevil talking about how he preserved the G by crossing it with his HPxNL1 to create hybrids.

I think that I have mentioned this before, G13 and Hash Plant were cuttings. I crossed HP to NL1, which was the strongest indica I've ener smoked and I put males from this to G13.
It was labeled HP1.G13. People have assumed that this was a straight HPxG13 cross, but this was not the case. Their was NO sativa in this hybrid which was sent far and wide.
If you were looking for pure indica, this was the one. If a good breeder kept this pure he should have been able to pull most indica types out of this. That was my intention.
N.

Now this is direct from Nev, talking about how he distributed hybrids. Nothing about cuts, but that doesn't mean it ddn't happen.
Then, later in the same thread, Chana asks Nev is he knows of anyone working with HP1.G13.
His response:

You can be sure of it. Usually the name has been changed to protect the insecure, but not always. There is one guy I know who has reputedly taken it to a new level. I'm waiting for the seeds. This one should be really interesting. I'll keep you informed.
N.

Gee, who could that be?
Smart money says he was referring to Jim Ortega.
You hear that? One guy that took HP1.G13 to new heights and he is waiting for seeds.

Ashling, your attack on me in defense of Nev is absurd. I am as big a supporter of Nev as anyone on this board and your accusing me of "slandering" him is the height of stupidity. Its clear you don't even know what slander is.

Next time, before you get all spun up and attack people about what you think is "the truth" on the canna-web, consider that the truth for most of the big questions of the history of our last 30 years of genetics is known to a handful of people who either choose not to share what they know or have a long track record of spreading lies and re-writing history.

Oh, and for the people posting about how G13 was a sport:
(never heard that before. Nobody knows if it was a sport or not as there is no verified true story of the plants origins.)
and G13 tasted horrible: (who smoked it to know?)
please point to references where YOU actually grew or smoked original pure G13 before Nevil's mother plant died.
Otherwise, you are merely parroting others who weren't there or were (mis)interpreting? Nevil's original strain description.

I am just pointing out that what we exchange as "facts" here are often nothing more that assumptions and theories.

Last edited:
Hi ALL

I know I called the G13 hybrids....G-whizz some years back as the stories just got out of proportion in my opinion. Do not get me wrong I am not putting myself down for making the hybrids, I am proud of them but for me I really prefer flavor and this was always the hardest issue with the selection of the G13sk and G13 widow lines. I have G13 Haze and G13 Hashplant still to get back to work on and pretty well down the road with them too...

I expect if you are looking to knock your socks off and get horizontal it has great potential but it lacks a little in certain areas...as do a lot of plants that are extreme for certain traits.I expect it is due to the fact that it is an over riding sort of trait, the level of stoness, but it really comes down to the sample size you work with and the selection you are looking for in the plant.

There are no best plants.It is like asking what you want to drink today. Everyday SSH...it would loose its specialness and some resistance would be built up reducing certain things that are only felt when you do not over endulge...but everyone has different metabolisms and it is a very personal thing in the end.

My breeds have been selected because I really felt something special with the plants I worked with. In the end , if it is not too pretentious to state, most of the seeds strains sold are there because either Nev or I decided they were worthy.We killed a lot of plants that most of you would feel are up to scratch, and settled for those that moved us for one reason or other. So a lot of growers who bought our things over the years are actually buying into our preferences and then going on with the job to further select for subtle difference within the genetic variance. It is actually a bit like playing god sometimes...breeding...you have to determine which plants live and which die. As a breeder it is easy now to feel cool about this sort of feeling but at the beginning some decades ago...it was alot more confusing to be sure if one's decision was the right one or not.

Anyway to get back to the G13 hybrids...one thing is clear, you will find something worthwhile in every sample of 15 seeds to quench the required desires.All the best Sb

I gave Ortega HPxNL1 and HP.1xG13.
Legend has it that he's done wonders with it for 20+ years.
Seeds from these lines are being planted as we speak (thanks Jim). I'll give you a report in due course.
N.

:):):):):)

Cptn-I should apologize to you, it is so confusing.

When reading kangativas post it looked like he meant the real g clone with the virus being a known issue with the original

Last edited:
it is my understanding that someone on this forum has the real deal NL5 tho i can't mention their name as we only speak via pm...hopefully he'll chime in

first Cptn I recall grilling Sam over that Hindu thread..and he didnt have much to say on it really...I thought others like Mriko had better views on the topic myself..I hope my posts weren;t part of the hard reading even tho I know its a thick subject..

FOE20

Yes FOE,
you were a key player in dragging that thread down into pointlessness.

Cptn

Being the Hindu is a quite large part of the
history of it all IMO I thought my questions on the subject were reasonable...And when a breeder talks more on his own work the way Sam does its no surprise all it leads to is contradiction....If you read that thread its mainly him saying...."His wasn't maintained well"," there were no clones in the later 70s early 80s" bla bla...
Let me just say compact Flos have been around for ever in car shops and closets everywhere in the world...First small lil home kept grow I saw was in the early 80s in a small town in the midwest by a school teacher...
I just wanted a few real answers from him...which he didn't have much of as usual...
Least Shanti was strait about sayin he worked the Hindu for MasterKush and Ive always got very good and solid info on these topics from him...

.....but thnx for letting me know how ya feel....I see discussing any further points with you will also be pointless...
maybe BritHempire is more inline for ya talkin PurpAfghan in that HinduKush topic....Maybe you have nothing better to do than belittle people without any direct helpful input...
well you def will keep me from comming back and thinking its nice and casual here...thnx again for that Cptn....be well
FOE20

Last edited:
The bottom line is that sure there were Indica seeds around before me, but mine were dependable year after year, the others were not. I know because I got every Dutch Indica seed varieties sold I could find in the early 80's and grew them all, and most were a waste of my time, to be honest. I am not saying there were no good plants, but the seed lines were not consistent at all, and most plants were crap.
early 80s?...so there was a thriving Seed scene but no underground work being done late 70s but then by early 80s he collected every Dutch Type Indica seed?...?...wow.....if you wana buy that....
Heres the best one tho outa most of his words....Dutch Indica....heh....yea where did that originate from?....sounds like the MexicanAfghan from the seed bank..Phenom expression and quality goes way beyond each persons feel or view..but good luck getting more knowledgeable about it from pasting quotes or lookin at pics...
If you understand the Afghans vs the Kush/Pakis vs the Lebs vs the whole Asian over view sure I feel my view was very valid...
so Sorry Im only wasting both your and my own time then....
FOE20

NL5

to this day...the original NL5 seeds that were grown out and moved around KY in the late 80's and early 90's are THE STANDARD for INDICA bud.

probably one of it not THE most potent strains i've encountered. smelled like dead skunks all day.

i have Literally seen a person take One Hit and fall out.

the old school columbian gold was the next best (seems most like the AK strains)

I wish i could still get some to compare to the good stuff I have run across in the decades since.

:eek:

Back