Is it possible to cull based on leaf morphology after 2 weeks?

@Uncle Jack Do the axils frequently show resin that early? Honestly I never thought to look. Thanks for sharing these tips. I've been doing stem rubs, but didn't know about the other techniques.
To answer your question, we have very restrictive plant limits -- there's no difference between clones/immature/flowering/etc -- hence my interest in early selections. Seems like a pipe dream now, but I had to try!
That said, I just did a stem rub and ate a leaf (will smoke some shortly) and the offensiveness is a little less pronounced today. Still kind of gross, but at least now it I can taste a hint of haze.

So I think today or tomorrow will be it for our stinky lady. She's not finished, but the weather is calling for a week of hard freeze lows, rain, and general yucky weather.
(apologies once again for the sideways images)

20221112_104641.jpg

20221112_104824.jpg

On a positive note, she's one funky rotten mango pheno. Very well suited to the outdoors. I think she would finish if we didn't have an issue with our security lights (which are a necessity)...I kind of wish I'd hit her with "Fast Ed's" pollen just in case
Not 100% sure I'll keep this one, but I'd like to see what she can do outside in something larger than a 3 gallon pot. I do have her cloned, so I can run her again in the Spring if all goes well.
Maybe I will find a male in this straw someday, so far only high-quality ladies

Aloha sister! Did you ever finish this grow? How did it turn out?

mu
I did actually take #1 down just before going to the hospital. My memory of that timeframe is a bit hazy, but I recall she wasn't really what I was looking for. Taste and smell were nice, but her effects were Euphoric, hungry, very stoned per my notes. Originally planned to give her another go this season due to how well she handled the rain and cold, but circumstances intervened.

The #2 plant was perfect in my book. A clearish energetic high with solid pain relief, anti-inflammatory action and that amazing happy haze feeling. I was going downhill around this time and didn't write down tastes and smell (lemon forward mango?). The bad news is I threw out all my plants and clones in December/January. Good news is I crossed her with a frosty Strawnana Shortcake. I believe it's basically SSH x (Strawnana x (GSC x GDP)), I'll be happy if the effect is anything close to either parent line. SSH #2 seems to have cleaned up Strawnana's messy structure and smell so far is a sweet lemon/pine.

It's not perfect, but hoping she makes a solid base for personal medicine. If not, I'll hunt through the rest of the SSH straw for another #2.

Attachments

• 20230808_082028.jpg
    20230808_082028.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 8
I dragged #1's flower out today. Mostly curiosity since I've lost a most of my memory of that time period. Pretty sure it was overdried, then tossed in a storage bin the basement. The flower looks like crap of course. It has the barest hint of citrus and something I won't describe in polite company. Consistent with my November posts.

Despite lack of smell/taste aside it was/is a nice vape -- the effect was focused enough to do some semi-serious gaming, but relaxed enough to wear a shit-eating grin. No munches and no sleepiness thankfully. Definitely high. 90% pain free, so that's a win in my book.

Not what I expected from something that looks the way it does. I look forward to revisiting this straw.

Back