Interested in Learning

A F1 hybrid will have different phenotypes which will make plants differ in flowering time for instance. Say you have a 100% sativa x a 100% indica; those seeds will be never uniform. One will be more indica, the other more sativa.

I ASSUME that you must bottleneck the genetic variety in the mother and father first to get a more uniform F1 hybrid. Though I have never done this or read anything about it. <- this may be incorrect information
Just like with humans you will never get 2 alike. Thanks for breaking it down for me.

Wow ok. So they threw some stuff together, said good enough and sold it lol. Instead of stabilizing it into a F1 Hybrid. It's second hand doo doo water. Or did I look that up wrong.

Basically yeah.

Instead of having 2 dominant parents from selective breeding you have 3/4+ parents

Don't get me wrong some polys produce fire stuff but for breeding they might need a bit of stability. Something no-one wants to put time into when spraying is cheap.

Also, landraces haven open pollination. Meaning one female plant will collect pollem from different males. Once making your own strain with one male, the variety shrinks down automaticly.

I wonder if you can inbreed the offspring to get more uniformity without losing quality? @shantibaba ?

You all have been so helpful. I am currently reading 2 books, watching a vlog and reading various articles on cannabis breeding and cultivation. I would have had no idea this info was out there without you all. Thank you very much.

I have always heard that a f1 was 50% mother and 50% father
but in fact it's rubbish there are strain that dominate the others
it does not mean anything the% before having tried the cross

for exemple i have try a mother of diesel X 4 mango haze inbred guys all seeds
i have try and give to friend the mango haze dominated in bloom and in taste the diesel mother totaly dispears

the g13skunkXtangie i have try (only one girl) was totaly a clone of the mother no sign of the tangie

this storie of % X cross = that is no sense

I have always heard that a f1 was 50% mother and 50% father
but in fact it's rubbish there are strain that dominate the others
it does not mean anything the% before having tried the cross

for exemple i have try a mother of diesel X 4 mango haze inbred guys all seeds
i have try and give to friend the mango haze dominated in bloom and in taste the diesel mother totaly dispears

the g13skunkXtangie i have try (only one girl) was totaly a clone of the mother no sign of the tangie

this storie of % X cross = that is no sense
But with making your own strain you take a pure landrace first. Out of those dozen(?) phenotypes you start picking your desired treats and inbreed those to get a generation seeds of the phenotype you selected.

You might want to backcross with the original mother (or father) to get the desired treat in it again.
But all this is very new to me as I used to buy female seeds and only started regular seeds for a year now.

But with making your own strain you take a pure landrace first. Out of those dozen(?) phenotypes you start picking your desired treats and inbreed those to get a generation seeds of the phenotype you selected.

You might want to backcross with the original mother (or father) to get the desired treat in it again.
But all this is very new to me as I used to buy female seeds and only started regular seeds for a year now.

IBL can do the same as landrace.

Uhh no.
If that was true Skunk #1 would be a landrace, and it isn't.

Pretty consistent and true breeding. Only reason it wouldn't fit landrace is because it's never been fully acclimatized.

Landrace are never uniform.
IBL can be

IBL can do the same as landrace.
Now I am confused..’

Landraces are open pollination. We generate an inbreed line out of those by only reproducing the desired treats.
So IBL are just selected phenotypes of a much greater diversity, which has been lost in the IBL offspring.
I thought..

Now I am confused..’

Landraces are open pollination. We generate an inbreed line out of those by only reproducing the desired treats.
So IBL are just selected phenotypes of a much greater diversity, which has been lost in the IBL offspring.
I thought..

Depends, IBL cultivars can be isolated to a few traits and be true breeding. Sk1 eg.
IBL landrace cultivars are less selectively inbred but contamination and less selection make them less uniform and not always stable for breeding.

Most landrace cultivars are worked on before being used for F1 to isolate and stabilise favoured trait's. Power plant eg .

Does Europe still have landraces worth looking for, or better off traveling further through Turkey?

Does anyone still have any that haven't been "dutched".?
Watch Arjans videos, he sent them hermi rich fem seed to grow.
He's the only person to go to mountains,get seed , lock them away and sell a Dutch seed line like amo.

Not sure about nederweit , but rarely see it so must be shit.

Does anyone still have any that haven't been "dutched".?
Watch Arjans videos, he sent them hermi rich fem seed to grow.
He's the only person to go to mountains,get seed , lock them away and sell a Dutch seed line like amo.

Not sure about nederweit , but rarely see it so must be shit.
Ha :) I mean actual wild ones,
Like in India, Afghanistan, Siberia. I wonder if Europe has still some growing in the wild naturally.
Could be low in thc but high in cbd.

Ha :) I mean actual wild ones,
Like in India, Afghanistan, Siberia. I wonder if Europe has still some growing in the wild naturally.
Could be low in thc but high in cbd.

No doubt some grow wild , probably be stronger than the average hemp from cross pol.

So did I, watch strain hunters videos they went to these regions to contaminate the local seed stock

Back