Indoor Mango Haze tips and advice

Mansuit

Just got my Mango Haze seeds, but I'm not sure if I should start them now or wait a while so I'm not flowering in the heat of summer. I don't have very good temperature control in my area and the tent can get pretty hot (around 35C with lights on).

The indica dominant strains I've done in here obviously did not appreciate these temperatures at all, but I've actually never grown a sativa dominant strain. I know they can tolerate higher temperatures, but is this too hot for them?

Also, any other tips and advice of any kind regarding the Mango from people who have grown it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there Mansuit,
can you give a bit more info on your grow set up? What type of lights? Tent size? Do have a cool tube? Etc
I've grown MH both indoors and outdoors. I live in Australia and the heat didn't seem to be an issue outdoors and it gets to 40°C+ where I live although it is much cooler during late flower (it's outdoor harvest season here ATM).Indoors though I didn't have a heat issue so I can't comment on that although I can offer some basic advice.
Hazes don't like to much food compared to indica varieties.....beware.
They can grow very tall and fill your tent very quickly so best not to veg too long or it will become a overgrown jungle.
there is lots of info here by others with lots more detail than I have to offer at present with info you have provided
The end result is very very worthwhile.
Good luck in your quest.

Last edited:
Hi Mansuit,

I have the same Problems and got almost 40°C in summer last year. When you are facing these temperatures mycorrhizae is a must if you ask me. It saved my plants once or more from completely drying out. It is actually possible to grow a decent product at these temperatures, but it is way more work as you have to watch very closely how the girls are feeling. Also I wouldn't recommend to grow in small pots, as they dry out much faster and you can end up watering twice a day on soil.

Good luck to you and best wishes,

T.

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies.

I guess I should have elaborated a little more on my setup. I use a 5x5 tent in a shed with no heat or air conditioning. The shed is not airtight, so there is fresh air coming in. For lighting I use a Ushio 600w MH for veg, and then I switch to my Eye Hortilux 1000w HPS for flower, with an Adjust-A-Wing reflector. I've got a 6 inch inline fan exhausting from the tent with passive intake. I usually flower in either 7 or 10 gallon pots, depending on the number of plants. My medium is ProMix HP.

I've found this setup to work beautifully in the fall and early spring, and it's even been decent in the winter, but with the indica dominant strains I've grown, it's been a challenge in the summer. So this time I've decided to try something a little more on the sativa side, but I would hate to mess up my Mango Haze with too much heat. I want this grow to be as close to perfect as I can get.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply. I appreciate the help.

Last edited:
I all but shut down in the summer heat, it's just not worth it to me. It doesn't seem to matter the strain if temps are too hot.

If you do go ahead with it plan for extra air conditioning for sure :cool:

I forgot to mention that outdoors I use a product called Seasol which is good for heat stress amongst many other things it's good for.....a very popular organic product in Australia. I don't know if it's available where you live but there are many other similar products with same ingredients...seaweed and I forget what else is in it off the top of my head.

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies.

I guess I should have elaborated a little more on my setup. I use a 5x5 tent in a shed with no heat or air conditioning. The shed is not airtight, so there is fresh air coming in. For lighting I use a Ushio 600w MH for veg, and then I switch to my Eye Hortilux 1000w HPS for flower, with an Adjust-A-Wing reflector. I've got a 6 inch inline fan exhausting from the tent with passive intake. I usually flower in either 7 or 10 gallon pots, depending on the number of plants. My medium is ProMix HP.

I've found this setup to work beautifully in the fall and early spring, and it's even been decent in the winter, but with the indica dominant strains I've grown, it's been a challenge in the summer. So this time I've decided to try something a little more on the sativa side, but I would hate to mess up my Mango Haze with too much heat. I want this grow to be as close to perfect as I can get.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply. I appreciate the help.

For summer of 2018, Spend $80 and get a hood instead of the adjust a wing, it will help with the heat,especially if you can vent it better

Back