If it's not one thing it's ya mothers.

Ray

Thought i'd document my matriarchal goings on.

All have just been put outside for the summer, something i have always done due to temps and space or rather lack of it inside.
As you can probably tell by this time they are beat to shit from a long cramped winter indoors, the old widow particularly suffers, but always bounces back(fingers crossed)

From left Blue cheese, Cheese, Riri, Black dog, Old widow(blending in to background) Limon verde.

DSC05021.JPG

As with all my threads general chit chat as well as on topic is always welcome..

How do you keep your mothers?

Last edited:
The plants really respond well to natural sunlight don't they?

I keep mine under 18 hours of light.
I try to keep mine in small pots and then re-clone them when they get rootbound.
Space is a continual issue.
I use tents, heat pads and 100 watt LED's in each tent.
Top dress when hungry and kelp spray.
When pruning I take out any large branches in the centre in an effort to keep size down.

They really do shine @Uncle Jack.
Pretty much the same here, except I keep mine in 3-4ltr pots making use of the root pruning "Bonsai" method.
Using this method I'm able to cut down on the number of "clonal generations" when keeping mothers, these plants are the same individuals i struck last summer..

They look like shit at the moment mostly due to being pot-bound, i prefer to have a good root ball when first transplanting outside, which these will be in a few days..

Good luck in all of your endeavors.

I wonder does @anyone know if there is any truth in being able to outrun plant viruses?
ie: taking your new clonal generation from only the newest growth because these are free from viruses or is this just bullshit.

Peace

I wonder does @anyone know if there is any truth in being able to outrun plant viruses?
ie: taking your new clonal generation from only the newest growth because these are free from viruses or is this just bullshit.
Judging by how Shanti won't bring anything new into his grow area which wasn't tissue cultured I would assume, no. This is just an educated guess though, I really haven't the foggiest.
Diesel840

It really depends on the stage of infection from my understanding. On a genetic level, an RNA molecule once it becomes systemic, bye bye...
One of the main problems is that the viroid often "can also present asymptomatically, especially in vegetative plants." Plants can appear healthy. It is usually only during the flowering stage that it becomes evident. The only way to tell if the plant has infection is through assay, several tests including PCR can provide verification. As the disease is often propagated through the use of non-sanitary tools, it can also be passed in other ways. The viroid can even catch a ride on fungi like Fusarium. It makes sense that the root system has the highest infection rate.
1718111698658.png
The safest way to minimize is the use of new seed and some studies still show 6-8% transmission rates. Keep in mind that alcohol or H2O2 will not touch it. Use 10% bleach.
So, no I do not think that new growth from clones will do it as most of the spread initially came from cloning. There is some talk about tissue culture and isolation but unfortunately it is so very widespread these days. Best to start with new seeds and utilize sanitary techniques, "proper disinfection protocols and adherence to pathogen prevention programs" when making copies. That is my understanding.

mu

Thanks all, i guess until someone does extensive testing on the transfer rate in new cuttings from different areas we'll never know for sure.
My grower intuition said an infect plant is an infected plant but i do not know enough about plant viroids to make an edu'ma'kated guess.

Back